Scottish Premiership Rangers V Motherwell Sat 20 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

I am not panicking yet.

The team looked out of sorts on Saturday absolutely.

Way I see it:

We basically are really missing Moult and Pearson.

Essentially playing 1 up front, Ainsworth and Johnson supporting just isn't clicking and Skippy is getting fairly isolated and tetchy.

The midfield is also not clicking. Clay and Lasley too similar and really don't know how to play with each other yet.

The defence is getting there but you have McManus diving in and Heneghan diving in at times and then being out if position as again I think they really just don't know each other yet.

I am confident with Moult back next month and the team playing more and more together we will see more positive results. But I think it will be a rocky few weeks.

Have you installed SportsDevil launcher? If not, Google it. There are some tutorials on how to install and many YouTube videos as well.

In SportsDevil, go to Live Sports, FirstRowSports.ge, Football, then scroll down past the channels for the direct links to the streams. They are sequenced by kick off times.

The .ge link generally has better streams the the .EU link.

Preferably Android box, but I could also use my PC.

Debating whether to go to this or not. My head says keep your money but heart says we could do something.Will probably make a decison on Saturday.

I know there is a lot of negativity after the last couple of games but I genuinely think we are improved in some positions from last year (RB, CB) we just haven't showed it on the park for the most part.

Just to give everyone a heads up. Rangers are still an average team. They can be very good going forward but are nothing special. Defensively they can be easily got at. I still think they will be 3rd/4th this year when all is said and done but they are nowhere near their ugly twin sister. I don't think they are any better than Aberdeen/Hearts in a lot of departments.

Samson

Tait Hennegan McManus Hammell

Ainsworth Cadden Lasley McHugh Johnson

McDonald

As important as the team selection is the tactics need to be addressed by McGhee. This sitting in shite simply won't do. We cannot do the same as we did at Parkhead. We need to press the opposition and keep the balll when we get it. We need to get the ball wide to Johnson and exploit Tavernier's terrible defending. We need to stop playing high balls to Skippy.

If Hamilton can get a draw there, no reason why we can't.

No team news was shared at the press conference but that's a blow if McHugh is still out. Find it hard to envisage us competing with a team that moves the ball about so quickly. We're going to need big performances from the likes of Lasley and Cadden just to get in the game.

This I've got to see...

Lasley was frighteningly off the pace against Celtic and St Johnstone but I'm keeping the faith he'll be up to speed soon enough.

Kind of hoping that St Johnstone was a result of having to chase shadows round Celtic Park three days earlier.

Not expecting any kind of result from this game. Some kind of performance would be good...

Got to agree that Rangers are pretty average. I could see St Johnstone, Hearts and Aberdeen finishing above them.

Celtic will have the league over by Christmas. Their squad has so much strength I'd depth that they can allow GMS and Allan to leave on loan.

Rangers have a bot of leaving the central defence isolated, so speed down the flanks and we could really get something.

We really have got to be positive and not bottle it, so that starts with McGee fielding an attacking formation.

Skippy

Johnson Ainsworth

Clay Cadden

Lasley

Chalmers McMannus Heneghan Tait

Brill

That is if Hammell is put - and please no Samson!

For me pace in the wide areas will be key. I'd be inclined to give Blyth a start and go with getting balls into the box for him. His added height will be more advantageous. We will need to cope with not having the ball for periods so the midfield will need to put a shift in chasing everything down. If we can limit what they offer going forward and break with pace I think we can take something from this

Samson

Tait Heneghan McManus Hammell

Cadden Lasley Clay Johnson

Ainsworth McDonald

Lasley in if McHugh's not ready. I think McGhee will show Samson a bit of loyalty and if he chucks one in he can feel he's given him a fair crack of the whip and be a bit more comfortable giving Brill a debut at home vs Dundee rather than an away game like Saturday.

For me pace in the wide areas will be key. I'd be inclined to give Blyth a start and go with getting balls into the box for him. His added height will be more advantageous. We will need to cope with not having the ball for periods so the midfield will need to put a shift in chasing everything down. If we can limit what they offer going forward and break with pace I think we can take something from this

The problem is that our wingers rarely link effectively with a lone striker. I too would like to see Blyth get some game time though, but probably off the bench. I don't think our midfield is capable of chasing Rangers down and winning the ball. Not confident about this game at all but sometimes thats when we're at our best.

The problem is that our wingers rarely link effectively with a lone striker. I too would like to see Blyth get some game time though, but probably off the bench. I don't think our midfield is capable of chasing Rangers down and winning the ball. Not confident about this game at all but sometimes thats when we're at our best.

Your post are always very sensible, well balanced and thought through. Every time I see your username as the latest contributor to a topic - A bit of me hopes you come out with something a little more controversial!

Can you give us a "we're going to pump them 4 nil siwy" or something? :)

• Like 1

Need our defensive players on it. Against Celtic they made far too many wrong decisions which caused us to become encamped. However Celtic are miles better than Rangers so I don't imagine the pressure will be as relentless.

The other thing against Celtic was when we got the ball, we gave it away so cheaply - must do better there. The U20s looked so much more accomplished than the first team at ball retention it was scary.

Also given how whistle happy Bobby Madden has been at set pieces this season, McGhee better have them warned within an inch of their lives about tugging at corners.