Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Isn't a former player but really pleased for Shields, I didn't rate him but the abuse the lad took was shocking.   Maybe kettlewell can revitalise him

I don't think the abuse was shocking at all. People were calling Josh Morris a cunt etc, but all that was said about Shields was the Championship was his level.

25 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

I don't think the abuse was shocking at all. People were calling Josh Morris a cunt etc, but all that was said about Shields was the Championship was his level.

Abuse Morris got also shocking as is the constant booing of SOD. These guys maybe not good enough but I don't agree with the pelters they take

• Like 1

I wouldn't right off Shields yet btw maybe Kettlewell has been watching him all season and sees a player in him.

Different managers get different tunes out of players I actually think Kettlewell might do so with Shields upfront he was never a winger which he was played here 99 percent of the time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

I hope Billy Bowie is suitably embarrassed that even the plastic pitch at Ochilview is in better nick than Rugby Park.

If rumours are true the abomination of a pitch is supposed to be getting ripped up in the summer and being replaced with a proper grass one.

40 minutes ago, santheman said:

If rumours are true the abomination of a pitch is supposed to be getting ripped up in the summer and being replaced with a proper grass one.

The rumour I heard was that Bowie has had a change of heart and is just going to replace it with more plastic.

6 hours ago, Spit_It_Out said:

I wouldn't right off Shields yet btw maybe Kettlewell has been watching him all season and sees a player in him.

Different managers get different tunes out of players I actually think Kettlewell might do so with Shields upfront he was never a winger which he was played here 99 percent of the time.

SK has performed well and agree managers can get the extra something from players.  However..

Shields was a risk . He's scored 23 goals in 8 seasons.  An honest hard working player, who's strong and physical but doesn't have the instinct that strikers need.   

For all parties be good for him to move on and stay in Championship level. 

2 hours ago, wellfan said:

Last night confirmed for me that we’ll not see Shields and Maguire play for Motherwell again. They’re both just about good enough for Queens and Dundee, but that’s it. 

I can see Dundee having a clear out and splashing the cash. Maybe Maguire will be surplus to requirement and they won't want to extend his loan. Will Queens Park want to retain Shields?

1 hour ago, Mad Dog said:

Meanwhile, Jake Hastie's career continues to nosedive as Hartlepool drop out of the English leagues.

A few other former 'Well players on the books with Hartlepool, Peter Hartley joined them earlier in the year and Euan Murray also plays for them, he only registered a handful of appearances for us.

Sadly not looking good for Hutchy.

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

Big Hutchy captaining Millwall with George Long in goals going for the playoffs against Blackburn live on Sky just now. 

Denied buy a futile, but valiant, comeback from Blackburn.

3 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Rested, played 90 mins!!!!!!!! 

Misread it. Thought he was on the list of unused subs.

Well done for being right though.....

Couple of goals for Dom Thomas as Queen's Park lost the first leg of the playoffs 4-3 to Partick Thistle who had Stephen Lawless playing for them.

2 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Couple of goals for Dom Thomas as Queen's Park lost the first leg of the playoffs 4-3 to Partick Thistle who had Stephen Lawless playing for them.

I watched a bit of the game, it was a shocker, seen better defending in kids 7 a side matches. Queens Park in particular were dreadful its hard to believe they were 1 win from promotion to the premiership they are brutal, of the 3 with Motherwell connections only Thomas looked ok, Shields and Lawless were anonymous.