Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

17 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I watched a bit of the game, it was a shocker, seen better defending in kids 7 a side matches. Queens Park in particular were dreadful its hard to believe they were 1 win from promotion to the premiership they are brutal, of the 3 with Motherwell connections only Thomas looked ok, Shields and Lawless were anonymous.

The defending on show during the recent Queens Park v Dundee game was also complete crap. Without squad improvement, it’s clear that the top few Championship teams will struggle in the Premiership. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

The defending on show during the recent Queens Park v Dundee game was also complete crap. Without squad improvement, it’s clear that the top few Championship teams will struggle in the Premiership. 

I was thinking that myself. Great fun to watch, but of the 15 goals shipped in those 2 games at least half have been due to comedy defending. 

34 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Watching Sunderland v Luton on ESPN+ Wee Al on the bench but hoping he gets on. Luton up 0-1 at 23 mins

I'm hoping they're resting him because they have received a huge bid from an EPL team.

3 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

How pish must Dundee untd have been today, if they let a clown like Jordan Whyte score 3 goals, that deserves relegation.

They've been very fragile at the back all season, as their -25 goal difference confirms.

The worst thing is that I genuinely wouldn’t put it past us to sign Moult again. Maybe even give him a player/coaching/asst mgr role like we did with Faddy when he was clearly a spent force.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

Christ, since you've come oot fae under the bed you've fairly posted some amount of Pish!!!!. Get back under and gies peace. 

We’ve got a fair bit of a track record when it comes to re-signing ex players. Faddy god knows how many times, Stephen Hughes, David Clarkson and Moult himself. It really wouldn’t be that out of the question for us to go down that road again, indeed it would be a very ‘Motherwell’ thing to do.

As far as “posting some amount of pish” goes, coming from you I’ll take that as a compliment.

1 hour ago, Villageman said:

Pretty sure Gazzyb posted that to see what size of fish he could tempt..

Haha I thought it was very obviously just a joke!

I would love for him to get fully fit and back to his best, he deserves it. 

17 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

Plenty teams have resigned former players, but you being your usual 'Wet Blanket' are just negative all the time, honestly from your posts you must sit in a darkened room talking to yourself. Do you actually go to games methinks your a firestick supporter. 

I’ve probably been at more games than you this season. 

6 hours ago, MJC said:

We’ve got a fair bit of a track record when it comes to re-signing ex players. Faddy god knows how many times, Stephen Hughes, David Clarkson and Moult himself. It really wouldn’t be that out of the question for us to go down that road again, indeed it would be a very ‘Motherwell’ thing to do.

As far as “posting some amount of pish” goes, coming from you I’ll take that as a compliment.

You shouldn’t.

Hopefully this stays in the ‘Former players thread’ and not the ‘ins and outs’ but I see the BBC Scotland gossip page is saying that Moult has unfinished business with us; mibbee he stills owes money for the physio bill or something. Louis don’t spoil our memories of how good you were by coming back a dud again.

38 minutes ago, si91 said:

Hopefully this stays in the ‘Former players thread’ and not the ‘ins and outs’ but I see the BBC Scotland gossip page is saying that Moult has unfinished business with us; mibbee he stills owes money for the physio bill or something. Louis don’t spoil our memories of how good you were by coming back a dud again.

In the same gossip it says this:

Ross County manager Malky Mackay aims to keep Motherwell's former Staggies midfielder Blair Spittal at Fir Park on Saturday. 

I presume he is going to let the air out of his tyres or something! :D

• Haha 1

The BBC gossip page isn't something you'd give much credence to but in fairness to them given our track record of re-tracing steps and signing former players then it's really not that far fetched to suggest Moult might be signed again.

As I said the other day, I wouldn't put it past us. It would be so 'Motherwell' to go there again and Moult and his agent will know that too.