Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

9 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

David Turnbull starts for Celtic today. Maybe Mr Rogers knows his stuff after all.

Turnbull is a good lad, even if he does play for a horrible club.

Rodgers is an oily, creepy shark-faced prick.

IMG_3136.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

David Turnbull starts for Celtic today. Maybe Mr Rogers knows his stuff after all.

read a couple of articles outlining that Rogers thinks highly of Turnbull and expects quite a bit from him. 

Be great to see Turnbull kick on, last couple of seasons he's not had much game time.    

As much as I despise Celtic I’m delighted Turnbull’s got a start and has now scored 2 goals. I’m tired of conversations with clueless moronic celtic supporters who think he’s hopeless and was not “Celtic class”and not suited to angeball…. Eg 100mph charge about like a headless chicken and burnout against better teams after 60mins.

I think he’s a real talent and it’s a plus for Scotland he’s playing. Just wish it was elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Hoping Turnbull has a massive season and lands a big money move elsewhere. 

Was really hoping that he'd move on this season and the we'd get a much-needed chunk off cash from the sell-on clause.

6 hours ago, steelboy said:

The sort of player we should be looking for rather than just signing big lumps. 

Cole had scored 2 goals in 18 months before he joined us. Exactly the kind of record you complain about.

Then he refused a new contract with us for a better deal in England (thanks in part to the improvement in his development at our club).

Again, I'm sure if you have constructive ideas on ways to keep a player like him when he didn't want to stay, the club will be happy to hear them.

Also, if you have that list of strikers who guarantee goals at our level, that we can afford and that want to play for us, feel free to share it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

In summary, it seems that the strategy the club should follow is to sign players like the ones we have taken a punt on and succeeded and not sign players like the ones we have taken a punt on and not succeeded.

Sounds straightforward. I'm not sure why the club hasn't tried this before.

20 minutes ago, weeyin said:

In summary, it seems that the strategy the club should follow is to sign players like the ones we have taken a punt on and succeeded and not sign players like the ones we have taken a punt on and not succeeded.

We also need to sign players who will never leave, unless they play shite, and as such should then tear up their contract.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Devante Cole had played well enough for Fleetwood that he got a move up a league to Wigan. That obviously didn't work out but showed he had ability and he had played well in a few televised cup games. You can't compare him to Bair, Wilkinson and Obika. 

59 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Devante Cole had played well enough for Fleetwood that he got a move up a league to Wigan. That obviously didn't work out but showed he had ability and he had played well in a few televised cup games. You can't compare him to Bair, Wilkinson and Obika. 

Obika showed in his last stint at St Mirren he could handle the demands of our league and hit goals. Not comparable to VV last year clearly but we are not going to be getting anyone who has previously hit those heights

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

He scored one goal in the Championship the season he moved on from us. Should Barnsley have dumped him at the end of that season?

Is League One more his level, given he is playing better in the lower leagues (and Fleetwood were in League One when he had his 17 goals in 77 games streak)?

Basically, for you, the 2 goals in 18 months is fine if we sign that player and he works out, but a waste if he doesn't work out?

Derek Adams had 41 in 72 games before we signed him. Was that a good one or a bad one?

Just an eye test on Devante Cole shows you he is a different level to the three we have signed. Clearly he has a far better touch and athleticism.

Bringing in three strikers who have no pace and can't head the ball either is mental. Whoever watched Wilkinson for us should be binned as it's like he's moving in slow motion when he's involved and his legs don't seem to work very well when he's running.

If the Danish boy turns out to be decent he could possibly strike up a decent partnership with Obika or Bair plodding around supporting him but it seems unlikely that will give us enough goals. 

On 8/4/2023 at 8:53 PM, Robbos boy said:

Funnily enough, that's what I always thought of you, a pain in the backside who says he supports the team and players, but nine times, sorry ten times out of ten, doom and gloom, we will win nothing here. Get back undet yir bed and gimme peace. 

You've been warned already. 

Next time you quote someone just to spout pish like this you're going back on post moderation. 

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

Where did this come from, Saturday warning not good enough. He spouted his usual pish to me and I took the bait big deal. If he's big enough to spout it should be big enough to take it, unless you know different?? 

Nope. Someone else posted about Moult, and you replied to them mentioning MJC not in one post, but two. 

Like I said, drop it. If we see him name-dropping you in an attempt to bait you, or constantly replying to your posts with zero provocation then we'll have a word with him as well. But to this point it's clear you have an issue with him. 

MJC is somewhat negative in the eyes of many, but that's nowhere near as annoying as what you've been doing, so just leave it be.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Robbos boy said:

Negative, bloody boring negative and is allowed to bring down the team on every post. I will not have it. I watched Motherwell for over 60years and supported them positively, I would never post them to get beat no matter who they are playing, the problem is his not mine. COYW!!!! 

Look, just ignore him if you need to. No one is saying you need to agree with or like what he's posting, but stop quoting every single post he makes and throwing abuse at him. 

That's the end of the matter. Continue as you are and you'll go back on content moderation, which no one wants. Your ability to post is restricted, and we have extra work in reading and approving what you post. 

So please, just leave it be. Let's move on.