Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

8 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Nah I reckon the forthcoming board changes will see somebody else come on board and bring some money with them, that will give us the cash to put a deal together for KVV to come home.

Would he even help us right now?

We have Biereth.

Not sure he and KVV would be a natural partnership.

Better spending our money in midfield and defence imho.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

We have Biereth.

Not to sure about that if we had another forward to actually look like he could stick the ball in the net I firmly believe we wouldn't be in this mess.

Mika won't get us out this hole by himself and I am pretty confident Bair,Obika,Shaw and Wilkinson are not going to help him either.

7 hours ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Mika won't get us out this hole by himself and I am pretty confident Bair,Obika,Shaw and Wilkinson are not going to help him either.

Mika needs a strike partner to be signed in the January window. In the meantime, here’s my thoughts on our other ‘strikers’:

Bair is never a goalscorer but has some good attributes that could become useful if he's properly coached to play in a different role, such as a foil for the striker or a battering ram. 

Obika has a chest that occasionally attracts the ball like a magnet, but there's not much else about him, unfortunately. 

Wilkinson is a semi-pro 6-yard box poacher at best. 

Shaw is something but I'm not sure what that is yet, although it's not a striker. 

10 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

We have Biereth.

Midfield is where I'd be focussing as well.  The current midfield neither protect the team nor do they create and bring the team forward. 

Simply put they don't function. 

Davor & Paton should be our hardworking, defensive, break up play, make simple passes with Spittal & Slattery being our creative players.  At best one of these players should get a game, the others can warm the bench or move on.

3 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

Midfield is where I'd be focussing as well.  The current midfield neither protect the team nor do they create and bring the team forward.

100% yes. Slattery is capable of much better but for whatever reason we're not getting the best out of him. Paton looks to be a squad player at best and we haven't seen much of Davor.

Spittal? His lack of pace and mobility is a major weakness in his game. Not without talent, his lack of an engine means that despite being given an attacking role, he can't support a striker or strikers and thats one of the main reasons for the front men often being isolated in games.  We were warned about that deficiency in his game by County fans.

• Like 1

The first few games of this season slattery looked like he was going to be an asset for us,he was in shape and willing to go and press the opposition but at the first sign of trouble he reverted back to type where he's either fouling or falling on his arse at every opportunity.spittal showed last season with the number of assists he had that he offers something but he's one of they players when he's bad,he's really bad and lately that's all we have seen from him,neither will offer anything when the chips are down.at the minute our entire midfield is as soft as it gets, there's not one ounce of creativity or energy to offer anything with or without the ball and when you throw in our striking options and the amount of stupid goals we concede,it will be a minor miracle if we can halt the run that were on.

• Like 1

Seen in the championship Cedric Kipre having a game against Leeds some good physical defending from the big man and Marvin Johnson scored a winner for sheff wed against Preston. 

closer to home a certain Mr Tony Watt scored a goal against Partick and former captain Declan Gallachers playing as well

big day for former players getting featured on the TV.

53 minutes ago, smiddy said:

big hutchy scoring a 94 th min winner today his fist goal in 2 years also marv johnston on tv the now

Mental Marv just scored a cracker. 

Chris Long scored the winner against Alexander's Bradford. Devante Cole scored for Barnsley. And big Zak Jules scored for Exeter.

32 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Mental Marv just scored a cracker. 

Chris Long scored the winner against Alexander's Bradford. Devante Cole scored for Barnsley. And big Zak Jules scored for Exeter.

a thought big zak wouldv  been playing in the carluke n district saturday morn church league by now ( nothing against the church league ) just  didnt seem to have much about him

• Haha 1