Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we appear to have had a very unforunate run with these obligations eh?

It's the stupid 2 year contract rule, although not sure if that is a Motherwell thing or the company thing. And lets be honest, when it comes to kit manufactures I think this is the biggest name we have pulled since.... eh... anyone help here?

It's the stupid 2 year contract rule, although not sure if that is a Motherwell thing or the company thing. And lets be honest, when it comes to kit manufactures I think this is the biggest name we have pulled since.... eh... anyone help here?

Matchwinner? :P:lol:

I like the extra sciency stuff which the Canterbury brand will bring but I think their recent strip designs are horrid wi too much wavy lines, curves and stuff. I hope they keep it simple a la Buktas designs.

That's been the canterbury design for the last few years (since summer 07), so will no doubt be changed soon. Portsmouth haven't been using the design (other than the collar), so it's not really fixed.

I think its fantastic news. Great to see the club able to attract a really big name. In all honesty we should always expect a change of kit supplier to be a possibility. At least we have been told early and the Bukta stuff has been half priced. I bought my shirt before Christmas but I'll be happy to buy a Canterbury one as their rugby stuff is awesome.

feel a bit cheated to be honest, 3 brand new strips £100 plus. Supposed to have been for 2 seasons. I dont have the money to buy new strips again this year. :P:lol::P

So just don't buy one? I didn't buy a home strip for a good number of years on the bounce - I still wear my old Motorola and FlyZoom strips the matches. It doesn't say anywhere that you have to buy a new strip every season, does it?

It won't make you any more/less of a supporter, and if anyone slags you for having an out of date strip they're quite clearly fuckwits of the highest order.

I don't think anyone is saying that wearing an old strip makes anyone anything, but I'm pretty pissed off about this to be honest.

Bukta were probably my favourite kit suppliers in my time as a 'Well fan, so I'll be disappointed to see them go. I'm also disappointed that the fans charter was basically broken again as there was no consultation with the fans. Thirdly I'm disappointed because I swapped my JAXX top with a Nancy fan and then went and bought another one. If I'd known, or even suspected, that there was going to be another change then I wouldn't have bothered paying full whack for six months wearing.

Frazzle

So just don't buy one? I didn't buy a home strip for a good number of years on the bounce - I still wear my old Motorola and FlyZoom strips the matches. It doesn't say anywhere that you have to buy a new strip every season, does it?

It won't make you any more/less of a supporter, and if anyone slags you for having an out of date strip they're quite clearly fuckwits of the highest order.

He just said he won't be because he can't afford it and that it just feels quite unfair that after spending so much money on the current jersey's they are being replaced soon after.

Just a shame Jomzajung don't do a supply of Well shirts.

Mate it's not about wearing or having to wear the "old strips" it's about buying new strips and being told they are for 2 seasons when clearly they are/were not.

You are correct in that there is no law which states that anyone has to buy a new strip every season, however explaining that to two kids who will no doubt want the "new" one is not that easy. Also I have to question whether in the current financial climate it is the best time to change suppliers, I am sure that I will not be alone in not being able to afford new strips at the same time as season tickets.

Mate it's not about wearing or having to wear the "old strips" it's about buying new strips and being told they are for 2 seasons when clearly they are/were not.

You are correct in that there is no law which states that anyone has to buy a new strip every season, however explaining that to two kids who will no doubt want the "new" one is not that easy. Also I have to question whether in the current financial climate it is the best time to change suppliers, I am sure that I will not be alone in not being able to afford new strips at the same time as season tickets.

Surely you can see that Canterbury will be a far more secure supplier than Bukta!!

No I mean it isn't the best time for the support, not for Bukta or Canterbury.

Aw just replace the third kit you would have been pestered about for the new home one. This deal will provide more security for the club who can't be blamed for looking after number 1, afterall, the jump from Bukta to Canterbury is a huge one and upwards!