Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what difference does the colour of boots make?

if you're applying logic, then by all rights the boots should be colour co-ordinated with the strips?

What way would the hoop run - roon the boot or across the laces. :huh:

I think there's a ferr bit of winduppery going on in this thread with these young jolly japesters. However, based on the comments from those close to it so far - i.e. McGhee and Flow - I fully expect it to be a belter.

Good construction and a design that'll please the fans (that don't have a beer gut)

what difference does the colour of boots make?

if you're applying logic, then by all rights the boots should be colour co-ordinated with the strips?

WE play better in standard black boots. That is a fact that I just made up, so there you go.

I'd settle for black boots, like Adidas with two outer amber stripes and a middle claret one.

EDIT - and get the sunhats back on the go.

We have been playing better for last few season since we had a bit off belief and started wearing decent football boots, like all the big teams do !!!!

Do you want us to back to wearing the crap Pony,etc boots the team used to get supplied for free, look where that got us !!!

A hoop would be good - but its too hard to do - you'd never get the number to stick oan the back.

Plus claret material is 30 times more expensive than amber stuff - so if we had claret right roon the XXL strip will be about £75.

I think it's about time we had a SteelmenOnline sponsored weight loss anyway.

I'm cringing at the thought of all us fat bassas in a Canterbury shirt.

The east stand will be like a jumbo water balloon convention

Canterbury make rugby strips so they are used to fitting fat bastards.

I am still dreading seeing this new strip, I hope this deal falls through, I'd rather have ladybird make the strips or Florence and Fred, than this mob.

This is a letter from The Times today, and I have to say I wholeheartedly agree with it.

Sir, It surely cannot be a coincidence that the recent(ish) form slump by both the Scottish and English rugby teams should coincide with the introduction of their current dispiriting strips. When I was learning my rugby as a youngster in Edinburgh during the 1960s and 1970s, Scotland were a force to be reckoned with — the team wore navy blue jerseys and white shorts. The English team were also a forceful presence — they wore white jerseys and white shorts without designer logos that look as if they were designed for a figure skater. Can we please go back to the days when Scottish teams wore plain navy blue with a thistle on the left breast and prevailed regularly against all comers?

Gregor Ferguson

New South Wales, Australia .

Maybe the people who design these strips should take a wee look around them in the stands, they will see more and more people buying the more traditional strips than the crap being put out today. Why the hell are the Scotland rugby team playing in GREY!

Canterbury's strips are a dogs dinner, absolutely horrendous.

Maybe the people who design these strips should take a wee look around them in the stands, they will see more and more people buying the more traditional strips than the crap being put out today. Why the hell are the Scotland rugby team playing in GREY!

These are all clubs who wear Canterbury strips.

Portsmouth, Mansfield Town, Farnborough, Harrogate Town, AZ Alkmaar, Lille, Deportivo La Coruna and Santos (South Africa)

How many of these teams strips have you actually seen and which ones are the dogs dinners? Once the strips are released if you don't like them then complain but to be complaining like you are before we've even been shown the strips just seems like moaning for the sake of moaning.

just to be a pain here, but I actually quite like the canterbury gear. Other than the big "murray" logo, I think the scotland rugby strip is quite good. The look and quality feel of the Dalziel rugby top is good too. not aware of seeing any others though. I understand where folks are coming from about wanting to go back to the traditional styles, but just because a design isn;t traditional, doesn't mean its not nice.

I don't think it's really Canterbury's fault that shirts (in rugby, football and everything else) lack the class they once had. Motherwell have committed to having a sponsor on both the front and back of the jerseys, so even if Canterbury produce an effort with the hoop all the way round, a proper collar and everything else that everyone wants, it will still struggle to stand up beside the efforts from the 50s and 70s when it's been bastardised with logos and brand names.

Frazzle

I don't think Canterbury turned up at Provan Sports door with some design that looks like an explosion in a paint factory and said - 'here's the shirt that Motherwell are gonna wear next season - RIGHT!!!'

I'm hopeful that they've been in there a few seasons now and the boys in there know what MFC are all about and what we're looking for in a jersey.

The shirt design is a two way process I imagine - what Canterbury can offer and what we as a club want.

I think the manufacturer presents the club with a few options and they pick one. I can mind a few unique items kicking about the bargain bin a few years back that Xara had presented but had been declined. Always rued the missed opportunity of not snapping one of them up.

Frazzle

I think the manufacturer presents the club with a few options and they pick one. I can mind a few unique items kicking about the bargain bin a few years back that Xara had presented but had been declined. Always rued the missed opportunity of not snapping one of them up.

Frazzle

I know what you're saying Frazzle.

I don't think that's the case here. Reading between the lines I think our guys have told Canterbury what they want.

Time will tell tho. Cant wait to see it. If they're true to their word the first teaser will be in the next week or so.

This is a letter from The Times today, and I have to say I wholeheartedly agree with it.

Sir, It surely cannot be a coincidence that the recent(ish) form slump by both the Scottish and English rugby teams should coincide with the introduction of their current dispiriting strips. When I was learning my rugby as a youngster in Edinburgh during the 1960s and 1970s, Scotland were a force to be reckoned with — the team wore navy blue jerseys and white shorts. The English team were also a forceful presence — they wore white jerseys and white shorts without designer logos that look as if they were designed for a figure skater. Can we please go back to the days when Scottish teams wore plain navy blue with a thistle on the left breast and prevailed regularly against all comers?

Gregor Ferguson

New South Wales, Australia .

You are absolutely right. The way a team plays is directly associated to the strip design. Never mind tactics, man management, training or player development. We should dispense with the services of Mark McGhee and Scott Leitch and bring in Gok Wan immediately.

Whilst we are at it, that tie you are wearing at work just now is clearly holding you back.

Don't be so silly!!!!

Lets wait and see what designs are presented and make up our minds then.

I hope you're right Steve. And I also hope that Alan Provan reads this site and makes them put a hoop on it!

The thing is, it's a bit like Colin making JDs a Motherwell pub. If they're going to pay a bit extra to manufacture what we want, we'll need to buy it in our droves to make it worth their while or they won't do it again.

As much as it makes me feel like a wee boy, I'm quite looking forward to getting a wee preview of the new strip. I couldn't give a monkeys about Canterbury, but 'Flow has built up the suspense well.

Frazzle

PS - It better not be gantin'!!

From a personal point of view there are too many Canterbury logos on their kits. One makers logo on a top should be all that is required. In this commercial world companies will do anything to get as many logos on their product as possible. This usually means incorporating their brand into their shirt templates as many times as they can.

I looked at a cross section of the present Canterbury templates and on the whole they are not too bad. Unless new templates are released for the coming season you will find that our new kit will be based on the ones below with the addition of a claret band/hoop.

post-292-1237889107_thumb.jpg

post-292-1237889127_thumb.jpg

post-292-1237889155_thumb.jpg

post-292-1237889230_thumb.jpg

post-292-1237889286_thumb.jpg