S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

Bevvy, Sexual harassment and a wee bit of sectarianism thrown in for good measure allegedly

Is that not the job description ! Joking !

The point that has been made about Robinson. He will not be appointed on the basis of a couple of results, although any positive result today would certainly help him.

He was Asst Manager of an International team at the Euros. Was our Asst Manager for a reasonable period.

If there is a better candidate they will hopefully get the job. If not he is the front runner imho.

Alex Neil would be a great choice. But given his salary is probably 10 times what we can afford. Very doubtful. That said he may fancy a couple of years back home to rebuild. We should at least ask the Q. Even if justvto p1ss of the Accies fans.

Alex Neil would surely be able to get a gig at an ambitious League 1 side. Would be nice but it's not going to happen.

Someone like Pressley fills me with horror but I don't think Robinson should get it either. His track record at Fir Park and elsewhere makes him far too big a risk.

Alex Neil would surely be able to get a gig at an ambitious League 1 side. Would be nice but it's not going to happen.

Someone like Pressley fills me with horror but I don't think Robinson should get it either. His track record at Fir Park and elsewhere makes him far too big a risk.

Neil's been binned by Norwich with them 8th in the league and 9 points off the play off, it's not like he's left them in the relegation spots. I'd have thought he'd have enough credit left for at least another couple of Championship jobs down there let alone League 1.

Robinson to the summer works for everyone, he may have options in the summer, we have longer to consider a long term option. If we get humped tomorrow though you can cancel the interview.

If the rumours re the injuries are true , they would be doing well to come away with anything , so Robinson shouldn't really be judged on the Dons game

I would like home to get a shot at it, as opposed to some of the names bandied about(Davies, McCulloch, Coyle et al)

Neil's been binned by Norwich with them 8th in the league and 9 points off the play off, it's not like he's left them in the relegation spots. I'd have thought he'd have enough credit left for at least another couple of Championship jobs down there let alone League 1.

Maybe but I'd say you'd be better off at an ambitious League 1 club than one of those awful strugglers in the bottom half of the Championship. Who in their right mind would touch the jobs at Blackburn, Nottingham Forest, Wolves, Aston Villa etc?

Managerial suicide.

Maybe but I'd say you'd be better off at an ambitious League 1 club than one of those awful strugglers in the bottom half of the Championship. Who in their right mind would touch the jobs at Blackburn, Nottingham Forest, Wolves, Aston Villa etc?

Managerial suicide.

This season's ambitious League 1 club is next season's struggling Championship club. Of course there are some toxic situations out there, but I'm sure if he sits tight for a few months there will be attractive options available for him over the summer.

Interesting support for Alex Neil on here and I wouldn't disagree with that although I have no idea whatsoever about his track record at Norwich. However at Hamilton he was very much in the John Lambie/Tom Wright mould - very competitive but dull sides. They would kick bite, scratch and claw their way to a result.

Other things being equal I think he'd be a good fit for us but I certainly wouldn't expect exciting, flowing football.

• Like 1

This season's ambitious League 1 club is next season's struggling Championship club. Of course there are some toxic situations out there, but I'm sure if he sits tight for a few months there will be attractive options available for him over the summer.

Again, maybe, but you'd have another promotion under your belt rather than 6 months of supporter animosity. Better to succeed at a smaller club than be smothered by the failed giants.

That's a problem with our side I think they meekly roll over and get their bellys tickled.

We are weak both mentally and physically. As soon as a team score 2 we collapse and look as if we will lose 5 or 6. There was a glimmer of hope last week against Killie, however, if Killie had got a second I would have feared for us.

• Like 2

Alex Neil would be an outside shout for the Scotland job that will inevitably become available next month. He'd probably rather continue building his experience with a decent club team in England though.

Not sure I'd compare him to Tommy Wright, Norwich played some lovely football for much of his time there. His downfall was being able to organise a team that could defend.

Highly doubt Alex Neil would be interested in the job seeing that he said he was not interested in the Rangers job last week. If Robinson can somehow pull a rabbit from the hat today I wouldn't be surprised to see him given the job, personally would prefer an experienced head to take the reigns but some of the names banded about like Duffy are a bit underwhelming.

What would be the point in getting people to apply then just giving it to Robinson based on a 45 minute display against Kilmarnock

Like any other job , see how his abilities and successes stack up against the rest of the applicants. Then make an informed decision....or toss a coin