The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

You also compared Boyce with Moult forgetting a few things. Motherwell has two things going for the that County didn't (three if you believe the contract rumour) if they sell to an English Club. 1. Moult is English and 2. Would class as a National Home Grown player, which is a pretty massive thing in England.

• Like 1

You also compared Boyce with Moult forgetting a few things. Motherwell has two things going for the that County didn't (three if you believe the contract rumour) if they sell to an English Club. 1. Moult is English and 2. Would class as a National Home Grown player, which is a pretty massive thing in England.

I may be wrong but i think that only really matter in the EPL or at least to the extent that it is a massive thing.

Hold on a minute....

...are people actually suggesting that we shouldnt hold or display an opinion on one of our players, if its an opinion with a negative stance, because that sticks us out as 'trolling' or we might give buying clubs a bit of leverage in negotiations...geez peace.

If you were compelled to write that from my post then you need to get a grip

• Like 1

Anyone else fear that we're spending too much? Feel things like warm up areas are burning very finite money

The warm up areas will be to prevent things like the Celtic fracas, and to keep players of our snooker table of a pitch as much as possible.

In general, however, the board seems to have learned from its mistakes and is aiming for a breakeven budget, so not too concerned at this stage.

Taxis and copy rights now this. Not a personal dig but my God can't wait to get back to talking about the football.

Indeed - subject, of course, to said football being slightly less pish than last season, otherwise all this patter will seem like blue-remembered hills by comparisons.

The warm up areas will be to prevent things like the Celtic fracas, and to keep players of our snooker table of a pitch as much as possible.

In general, however, the board seems to have learned from its mistakes and is aiming for a breakeven budget, so not too concerned at this stage.

What was the Celtic fracas?

IIRC they warmed up in the box when a portable set of goals was provided. SPFL regulations apparently state you must use them if provided.

The groundsman asked them to do so, they refused/gave him unnecessary grief whereupon the bold McGhee intervened and Motherwell became the baddies for having the temerity to ask them to shift 10 yards to the right.

IIRC they warmed up in the box when a portable set of goals was provided. SPFL regulations apparently state you must use them if provided.

The groundsman asked them to do so, they refused/gave him unnecessary grief whereupon the bold McGhee intervened and Motherwell became the baddies for having the temerity to ask them to shift 10 yards to the right.

Celtic were the worst for it...seen John Collins spend a few minutes actually trying to hit our groundsman with free-kicks while he tended the 6 yard area prior to a game a couple of seasons ago, when he was their assistant manager

I'd imagine the warm-up areas will cost very, very little in the grand scheme of things.

Jacob Blyth needs an op on his foot or ankle or something, he is going nowhere. Apparently.

Heard he's put in a transfer request to Love Island.

Jacob Blyth needs an op on his foot or ankle or something, he is going nowhere. Apparently.

By the time his contract is up next summer he will be lucky to get any sort of contract back down south, even at non league level. Two years of virtually no first team football and hardly anything of note before it? He better hope he has a few qualifications to fall back on or it will be making the tea for the local building company if he is lucky.

Edit: I also read that an option of a 3rd year is on his contract. I hope that is our decision and not his...

In fairness he left the park on crutches after about 5 mins of the u20s game against Falkirk in April. He didn't look like he'd be back playing any time soon so it wouldn't be a surprise if he needed an operation. Having said that Robinson was talking about him in one of his press conferences recently saying that hopefully he'd be ready for the start of the season.

Either way given his injury record and performances to date you'd think he's pretty much a write off regardless.

I wouldn't be averse to that either, but given his injury problems and his chances of finding another club at a reasonable level, for him to accept it, I reckon we'd need to offer him the full whack, or indeed very close to it. At this point in the season, where we are trying to get bodies in, that would be too much of a capital payment for me.

I wouldn't be averse to that either, but given his injury problems and his chances of finding another club at a reasonable level, for him to accept it, I reckon we'd need to offer him the full whack, or indeed very close to it. At this point in the season, where we are trying to get bodies in, that would be too much of a capital payment for me.

I'd have thought that (depending on his fitness situation) the best and most cost effective solution for both the player and the club would be to try and get him out on loan to someone.

Easier said than done since unlike Laing who at least had a successful spell at Notts County behind him before he joined us Blyth's hardly got much of a record to sell; 3 goals in 11 games (over 2 spells) at Northampton, 5 in 22 at Burton Albion, 3 goals in 8 at Blackpool. The main thing that got him his move to Leicester was a single prolific season in non-league.

Even if he was/is fit he's got Moult, Fisher and Bowman ahead of him in the pecking order for that position so it's unlikely he's going to get a game here either way.

Whaf is the thing with celtic hear so many people mention it but i've got no idea what it is

• Andy_P locked this topic