The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Maybe he's counting Lasley.

EDIT: we also signed Liam Brown from Queens Park a few weeks ago. Maybe he's counting him.

Yeah but he was signed for the u20's so if he was counting him you would need to count the other u20's signings such as Dylan King and George Newall, which would make it 11.

Is he counting Griffiths?

The BBC ins and outs has the "ins" listed as:

Cedric Kipre,

Alex Fisher

Russell Griffiths,

Craig Tanner,

Gael Bigirimana,

Andy Rose,

Charles Dunne,

Trevor Carson,

Liam Brown

Liam Brown is on there, but like others have said, I don't know if there is anything different about that, as he seems to be a U20 addition.

Did steelboy write this article?

http://www.thefootballlife.co.uk/post/163370695926/spfl-201718-season-preview-motherwell-get-last

The only question is just how bad it could get.

:lol:

I honestly can't work out if that guy is a decent troll or if he genuinely has a verge of tears vendetta against Motherwell.

Edited by Yabba's Turd
  • Like 1

I still find it concerning we seem to be ignoring home grown players. Surely the plan is to bring our own players through from the academy. This seems to be getting missed now. Campbell and MacLean both promising but I fear they won't get much game time

All well and good saying we should be signing home grown players and being disappointed by the lack of but who do you genuinely have in mind, unfortunately any half decent home grown players are outwith our budget, Craig sibbald for example a decent enough player but maybe not an upgrade on what we actually have at the moment yet we would need to fork out 200k for his services, that's unfortunately not our market.

He couldn't get a game for Flyde which isn't promising.

We still look very short up front.

I guess we'll see. A year to prove it like I said.

However, he seems to have been playing for Bolton u23's...few sources:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M-87ISciwEE

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15011513.U23s_make_their_point_at_Crewe/

http://www.betexplorer.com/soccer/england/professional-development-league/bolton-u23-cardiff-u23/MXPCGJ3s/

https://www.watfordfc.com/teams/under-23s/u23-watford-2-2-bolton

According to the BBC, Newell was on loan for the first half of the season only and played 11 times for Fylde. So it looks like he did get a game then went back to the U23 team played and scored...as far as I can see...at least 5 goals for the U23 team.

Dom Thomas scored for killie. Still an utter bawbag . But 2 goals and an assist in 2 games for killie. Missed a trick in not taming the massive ned that is Thomas?

I suspect that Thomas could have a career similar to that of Lawless and that every so often when the subject of players we've let go who could have done a job comes up, he'll join him in the maybe but not a major mistake category...

Maybe we just signed him because he looked useless, couldn't get a game and we had some spare Well Society lying around we wanted to waste.

Like for like replacement for Blyth then.....

If it's just to bulk out the u20s squad then that's reasonable although Falconer, Scott and Semple all seem good prospects.

Jinxed it now

Even if the boy defies the odds and becomes a success, I'd still say that we never lost out. We had next to no interest in playing him, whether that was because he wasn't good enough, couldn't fit our system or because he is (apparently) a bawbag. If he ends up a success at Killie, it doesnt necessarily equate that we mis-treated or mis-judged him in anyway

Like for like replacement for Blyth then.....

If it's just to bulk out the u20s squad then that's reasonable although Falconer, Scott and Semple all seem good prospects.

I'd have said he seems to have taken Mackin's place in the squad (he's the same age at least). Bulks out the u20s and "could do a job" as cover in the first team if needed. Falconer, Scott, Semple and Agyeman are all good prospects but I'd have said they're still a fair distance off being first team options. Semple looks outstanding but he's only just been promoted to the u20s.

I'd have said he seems to have taken Mackin's place in the squad (he's the same age at least). Bulks out the u20s and "could do a job" as cover in the first team if needed. Falconer, Scott, Semple and Agyeman are all good prospects but I'd have said they're still a fair distance off being first team options. Semple looks outstanding but he's only just been promoted to the u20s.

From speaking to both hammy and craggs they have high high hopes for Semple . Wouldn't be surprised to see him in a first team squad very soon if he keeps going the way he's going

Not saying he will play in the first team but I can see them letting him be part of the first team environment for a game that suits to give him a taste

According to the BBC, Newell was on loan for the first half of the season only and played 11 times for Fylde. So it looks like he did get a game then went back to the U23 team played and scored...as far as I can see...at least 5 goals for the U23 team

Dom Thomas scored for killie. Still an utter bawbag . But 2 goals and an assist in 2 games for killie. Missed a trick in not taming the massive ned that is Thomas?

Like Moore and McHugh, he may have found his level scoring against lower league opposition.

Like Thomas, Moore and McHugh were top performers for the U20s, but failed to impress in the first team. The real test for Thomas will be when he is playing against better teams.

Regardless, he didn't want to play for us, so no point in keeping him. And if he thrives at Killie we have a tasty sell-on fee coming our way.

• Andy_P locked this topic