The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

If (unsubstantiated thing is true) {

the club/board/manager/player/mascot should be fired, shot, hung drawn and quartered;

} else{

Keep complaining about it as if it's true anyway;

}

If the club had an option to extend Moult, and they could have afforded it, they would have done it.

• Like 3

:lol: Can always count on the Daily Record to milk it.

And Rangers' target Louis Moult will also miss the game......FFS

"story goes" is the new "friend of a friend".

If you think about it for even a microsecond, it makes zero sense.

Just for the record, I am in no way claiming to be in the know :cheese:

Someone told me (I won't clipe his username) on the way back to the car after the game on Tuesday night. I didn't even ask him what his source was. Hence why I added it's all rumours and hearsay.

• Like 1

Louis Moult was signed from Wrexham, I doubt when we signed him his basic wage was very much at all. Pulling numbers out my arse but say we gave him £400 a week when he signed, and when we offered that extension he asked to match the highest earner at the club, say £1800 a week. £1400 extra a week for 2.5 years on the off chance someone meets our valuation of him. And if they didn't meet it, and we were stuck with him, you're talking around £150k in extra wages from what he was on should he see out the full 2.5 years, gambling on whether someone will come in and sign him. Factor in how skint we are and how McGhee will have maxed out our budget on dross like Blyth and Lucas, it'll be for the best that we didn't break our budget to match what he asked for.

If, indeed, that is how the story went...

I know some fans love to think of our Board as drooling imbeciles who can't tie their own shoelaces, but I give them a little more credit than that.

And as I post on here every year when it comes to contract negotiations, I don't believe payers or management (or even agents) release the details....

Agreed Weeyin. Every year we read rumours in the media and tales ( no doubt released by agents) our club treating out of contract players shabbily and not not talking to them or of making derisory/insulting offers to them. Cue some fans turning on the club. In reality though details of negotiations are rarely if ever released. We're better to wait until deals are signed or players move to other clubs before drawing conclusions.

Making your top scorer one of your highest earner is a simple decision.

Also even if they are getting free accommodation I don't see many players moving up here for 400 quid a week. If wages are that low they must have some credit card bills for all the designer gear you see them cutting about in.

Louis Moult was signed from Wrexham, I doubt when we signed him his basic wage was very much at all. Pulling numbers out my arse but say we gave him £400 a week when he signed, and when we offered that extension he asked to match the highest earner at the club, say £1800 a week. £1400 extra a week for 2.5 years on the off chance someone meets our valuation of him. And if they didn't meet it, and we were stuck with him, you're talking around £150k in extra wages from what he was on should he see out the full 2.5 years, gambling on whether someone will come in and sign him. Factor in how skint we are and how McGhee will have maxed out our budget on dross like Blyth and Lucas, it'll be for the best that we didn't break our budget to match what he asked for.

If, indeed, that is how the story went...

Two senior players were offered a basic of £450 a week last summer, and both spat the dummy. Moult has never been on that kind of money.

Anyway, don't be going on about wages along the lines of £400-£450 a week cos next I'll be reminding people that taxi drivers are better paid than some of our first team squad, then the forum wank brigade will go into a meltdown cos they can't handle the truth.

Just sayin'

ps - think along the lines of £1000 a week for the players coming up from non-league football and you'll be closer to the mark. That's the kind of money they are on, especially in the southern based teams, even in that league.

They ain't at Motherwell for the money, they are here for the exposure a la Marvin Johnson.

Moult looks like he's in with a chance of a good move, I reckon Frear will be next. Agents and players in the non-league teams will be watching that and wanting a piece of it. That'll make it easier for us to persuade players to sign for us.

There's a few Falkirk players we should be looking at now they're staying down.

Luke Leahy would be a perfect replacement for hammell and the boy craigen has been decent in both play off games, should be another transfer model we should approach - good players in the lower of Scotland who could improve in a better team

I don't see Falkirk letting their best players go cheap or are these players out of contract?

Houston mentioned last night there were minimum fee clauses on Sibbald - £200,000 for a Scottish club and £400,000 for an English club.

So I think we can rule him out.

Houston mentioned last night there were minimum fee clauses on Sibbald - £200,000 for a Scottish club and £400,000 for an English club.

So I think we can rule him out.

Aye, I heard that on the radio. He's under 23 so it'll be development fee/compensation hence the disparity between Scottish/English leagues.

I wouldn't keep any of the players who are out of contract and I would also be trying to find a way to bin Blyth, Bowman and Clay. None of them are good enough. Not even for the bench, not even in a pinch.

No issues with binning Clay and Blyth. I still feel there is a player in there with Bowman. He's just lacking a wee bit of confidence, which hopefully a good pre season can give him.

I go back to his home debut against Hamilton and wonder what would have happened in the subsequent nine months or so if he'd have been allowed to take, and score, that penalty against Accies. It was taken off him and it then took him months to get his first goal. Even then it was a forgettable one in a heavy defeat.

A good, goalscoring start to the League Cup next season and I think we could see a totally different Ryan Bowman next season.

• Like 1

I wouldn't keep any of the players who are out of contract and I would also be trying to find a way to bin Blyth, Bowman and Clay. None of them are good enough. Not even for the bench, not even in a pinch.

Are you Steve Robinson?

From what I hear that's exactly what's happening behind the scenes

• Andy_P locked this topic