The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

No mention of McFadden, I note with interest. Obviously the fact that he is assistant manager may complicate the issue.

Not much discussion of the fact that we are apparently discussing a contract with Lasley. A player/coach role possibly with possibly more emphasis on the coach role? I reckon I'm not the only one who thought he would be leaving this summer...

Not surprised at Mackin and Ferguson being released. Mackin failed to make the breakthrough and despite having the physique for the Premiership he was never really used as a sub or even made the bench too often. David Ferguson stepped in a few times in emergencies but always struggled. To be fair though he was frequently played out of position.

I see there's no official mention of the contracted players we want to move on.

I think on the latter Dave. Talks will happen in house and once a deal is done it will be announced. Should be the way it is. You could say you want to release them but if no takers it is all a mess. I suspect he will try to move Blyth and (perhaps) Bowman on but we need someone else to be interested or cut a deal.

• Like 1

Happy with most of the list. so much dead wood. Only one that surprised me was Mackin, I felt he needed some first team opportunities, his goal record for the 20s is great.

Lionel being offered a new deal....hmm. He only seems to turn up when a new deals on the cards.No doubting his ability though. Wee bit surprised at Keith as well, as long as we bring in some more creative midfielders though we have plenty of hard tackling back up in Mchugh/Campbell/Clay.

Making Lionel an offer or at least having a conversation rather than just binning him off makes sense to me, the question is whether or not it suits.

When he got the job Robinson talked about how there wasn't enough pace in the side and over the past few weeks he's been talking about getting crosses into the box. Ainsworth if nothing else has pace and good delivery, his assists back that up. Where the obvious question lies is application.

If we sit down and have an honest conversation saying "this is what we want from you, you maybe won't start every week but this is how we see you fitting in the squad. here's a contract that reflects that." in that case it's up to him to make the decision. If he knocks it back then fair enough, if he's on board then both he and the management know how things stand unlike the situation with McGhee where rightly or wrongly it felt like he had just kind of been inherited.

Anyone know what the script is with the goalie Oliver Pain who like Gordon was on loan to us until the end of the season?

Gordon's not on loan. He signed during the January window. No mention of Pain though, I'd assume he'd be away back to Sunderland as he was only brought in as Morrison broke his hand/wrist (can't remember which).

I don't see the Under 20's other than the highlights but had got the impression that Tom Fry is a prospect and I see he is being released.

Not that surprised to see Moore and Mackin released.

Tom Fry did nothing at Annan and that's League 2. Annan were on a good run and perhaps it was difficult to break into the team but I'm sure the club was expecting more.

When he got the job Robinson talked about how there wasn't enough pace in the side and over the past few weeks he's been talking about getting crosses into the box. Ainsworth if nothing else has pace and good delivery, his assists back that up. Where the obvious question lies is application.

Depends what kind of balls into the box Robinson wants. I'd associate Ainsworth with making runs to the near post byline and then playing low balls across the box rather than pinging high crosses in.

And for whatever reason I half suspect Robinson has a candle lit shrine in his house devoted to Alan Cork/Mick Harford/John Fashanu.

Depends what kind of balls into the box Robinson wants. I'd associate Ainsworth with making runs to the near post byline and then playing low balls across the box rather than pinging high crosses in.

And for whatever reason I half suspect Robinson has a candle lit shrine in his house devoted to Alan Cork/Mick Harford/John Fashanu.

I don't watch the English lower leagues, so I have no idea how Oldham set up under Robinson,but I don't think we can necessarily assume that the fact we've played a more... direct style under him means this is the way we'll play going forward.

Personally, I'm more inclined to believe Robinson took a pragmatic approach, and manage to organise our injury hit and imbalanced squad into a makeshift side that could scrape to safety rather than envisioning himself as Scottish football's answer to Tony Pulis.

• Like 1

Surprised by the loss of a few names you see regularly in U20's match reports, but as I've never watched a game I have to go with the judgement of Craggs.

I sincerely hope we have a ruthless policy going forward. Managers and coaches reputations are staked on their success, not if they are a nice guy or not (although it helps). No more punting on 50-50's as it looks like here, so for that reason I'm happy with the club statement.

Really disappointed with Pearson in his third stint from what I saw.

I don't watch the English lower leagues, so I have no idea how Oldham set up under Robinson,but I don't think we can necessarily assume that the fact we've played a more... direct style under him means this is the way we'll play going forward.

Personally, I'm more inclined to believe Robinson took a pragmatic approach, and manage to organise our injury hit and imbalanced squad into a makeshift side that could scrape to safety rather than envisioning himself as Scottish football's answer to Tony Pulis.

Let's hope so.

Noticed an ad on the BBC stating that Liam Boyce is up for sale. In a wee favour to a former employee, they let Billy Dodds wax lyrical about Boyce and how they wouldn't stand in his way and how he has a year left on his contract. Interestingly, if we're looking to sell Moult, the BBC reporter kindly asked Dodds if it would take more than £1m to get Boyce to be told it would need to be there or thereabouts. Obviously free advertising aside, they probably won't get £1m but we should be making the same noises...

In the name of the wee man ..... please paste the link contents

Falkirk first team players Luke Leahy, Bob McHugh and Fraser Aird have left the club. The Bairns announced the players would not be signing new contracts in a web statement late this afternoon. Also leaving the dressing room will be youth players Lewis McMinn, Kyle Johnson and Cameron Eadie. Club captain David McCracken will not be part of next year’s playing squad – but is expected to remain with the club, involved in the new south stand gym facility recently completed. Danny Rogers also returns to Aberdeen after his loan having lost his place in the side to Robbie Thomson. Other first team players are either still in talks with the Bairns or have yet to have their future moves announced. The Falkirk Herald contacted Falkirk FC for comment on player contracts, as well as other matters relating to the football club, today, but were denied the opportunity until “later in the summer”.

Read more at: http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/bairns-release-seven-of-squad-1-4453733

• Like 1

Noticed an ad on the BBC stating that Liam Boyce is up for sale. In a wee favour to a former employee, they let Billy Dodds wax lyrical about Boyce and how they wouldn't stand in his way and how he has a year left on his contract. Interestingly, if we're looking to sell Moult, the BBC reporter kindly asked Dodds if it would take more than £1m to get Boyce to be told it would need to be there or thereabouts. Obviously free advertising aside, they probably won't get £1m but we should be making the same noises...

Boyce scored more goals than Moussa Dembele so Ross County should be looking for closer to £50m.....

To be fair it is some achievement for Boyce to be top scorer playing for a bottom six club.

Craigan mentioned £400-600k when asked the same question about Moult on BT last Friday.

Regardless if we want it or not, I'm pretty sure it was in Moult's career aspirations to move on after two years up here and that is what he was probably sold on to get a 3 year deal and a higher weekly wage.

As for Griffiths, he certainly has the stature I like in a goalkeeper, but in the games I saw him I was far from impressed with how a guy with such a large physical presence commanded his box. Surely there must be others out there.

ALL IN FOR MOULT Rangers will have to offer cash AND Michael OHalloran to sign Motherwell star Louis Moult

SunSport previously revealed the Fir Park hitman was high on a list of Scottish-based transfer targets for Ibrox boss Pedro Caixinha

EXCLUSIVE

By Andy Devlin

22nd May 2017, 10:00 pm

RANGERS will have to cough up cash AND Michael OHalloran if they want to land Louis Moult.

SunSport can reveal talks aimed at thrashing out a deal between Gers and Motherwell are set to start.

Pedro Caixinha wants to sign Louis Moult

NEWS GROUP NEWSPAPERS LTD

Pedro Caixinha wants to sign Louis Moult

As we revealed first, Wells top scorer features high on a list of Scottish-based players compiled by Ibrox boss Pedro Caixinha.

The 25-year-old scored 18 goals this season and was a major factor in the Fir Park sides surge to safety.

Although Moult has one year left to run on his current contract, its thought Well are willing to sell but only if their asking price is met

WELL CLEAR-OUT Motherwell boss Stephen Robinson set to axe EIGHT players but wants Keith Lasley to stay as coach

The Fir Park side want £500,000 for their talisman, plus a season-long loan deal for OHalloran.

The ex-St Johnstone star still has three years of his Ibrox contract to run.

But he has fallen out of favour under Caixinha and is one of the high-profile stars the Portuguese is looking to offload.

Motherwell failed in a bid to land the 27-year-old in January.

Motherwell want Michael OHalloran on loan

NEWS GROUP NEWSPAPERS LTD

Motherwell want Michael OHalloran on loan

But after announcing yesterday that EIGHT players had left Well, boss Steve Robinson is chasing new faces.

So too is Caixinha as he embarks on a massive summer of transition at Ibrox.

Moult is a player he desperately wants, but with Derby and Oxford also interested he knows Gers need to act fast.

Scott McDonald left Well last week and has been followed through the Fir Park exit door by Craig Samson, Joe Chalmers, Lee Lucas, Zak Jules, Craig Moore, David Ferguson and Stephen Pearson.

Its understood Ryan Bowman and Jacob Blyth could also soon be deemed surplus to requirements.

As long as more than one team is in for him we have a chance of a decent fee, but unless it's a bag of cash from rangers and we have someone on hand with a black light and and eye for detail I'd steer clear

I would take O'Halloran for sure

Seems to have lost his way a little at Rangers but was a standout against us in his final season at St

Johnstone.

We moan at the club for accepting mediocre offers, yet the gist on here seems to be that £500k is as much as we will get for Louis. 18 goals in each of his last 2 seasons in a struggling side. We will no doubt get mugged but I keep coming back to the £1.8m they paid for Joe Garner....

I hope he heads south for £1m + sell on %. It would pain me greatly to see him play for them and score against us.

Some agent fella on twitter linking us with a guy called Jordan Owens from Crusaders in Ireland. 20 goals last season apparently.

Likely bollocks but @eliteplayerrep is the account of anyone fancies a look.

• Andy_P locked this topic