Scottish Premiership Hamilton Accies V Motherwell Sat 13 May 15:00

Kmcalpin

As usual, it will all be about recruitment + blooding youngsters next season. It's easy to forget, however, that our typical season involves hovering around mid-table or just below.

Gannon was probably the best recruiter we had - I wonder if we can borrow his notebook.

Not sure that it's inevitable i mean Ross Co, Killie, Partick, Accies if they stay up won't be in a much better position going into the summer.We will lose players it just depends if we can replace them with half decent ones which for every position other than the forwards wouldn't be difficult.I'd be surprised if we're not in the bottom half next season but 8th/9th isn't beyond us with a few decent signings.

With the financial backing that Thistle are getting, along with County having a wealthy man behind them, I can see them both being better than us going forward. You are then looking at potentially losing Accies this season and replaced by Falkirk/Dundee United who both have the potential to be atleast as good as us (and possibly better).

It doesn't leave much at the bottom to be scrapping it out with...

With the financial backing that Thistle are getting, along with County having a wealthy man behind them, I can see them both being better than us going forward. You are then looking at potentially losing Accies this season and replaced by Falkirk/Dundee United who both have the potential to be atleast as good as us (and possibly better).

It doesn't leave much at the bottom to be scrapping it out with...

I think you're being a bit pessimistic Mitch. I'm not saying it'll be easy but hopefully we'll strengthen the side in the summer. IF Accies stay up, they won't improve much. If they don't, Dundee United will have to strengthen considerably and Falkirk will not spend much on improving their squad. Kilmarnock - about the same level as us potentially. Ross County won't make the top six and Partick will not receive megabucks from their benefactors.

Our first job though, and its a very difficult challenge indeed, is to stay up but its not beyond us. We can then rebuild and worry about next term but there's no reason to be unduly fearful.

Very grim viewing on Saturday but was all about the three points. That park at Hamilton needs binned. Between the park, the poor refereeing and poor quality football it made for one of the worst SPFL games I have seen in a long time. Still far from convinced by the way the team is playing. Thought we defended a lot better on the whole but thought we looked weak on the right hand side with Cadden. Don't think Moult and Skippy are linking up as well as earlier in the season either. It's all about grinding out a result on Tuesday, I truly don't think Accies have it in them to go up to Dingwall and win. Special mention to the fans who turned out on Saturday, terrific support from us.

Very grim viewing on Saturday but was all about the three points. That park at Hamilton needs binned. Between the park, the poor refereeing and poor quality football it made for one of the worst SPFL games I have seen in a long time

The game was one of the feature matches on SSN on Saturday afternoon with Charlie Nicholas watching,he spent the 90minutes slagging the lack off quality of both park and players.......and giving weather updates from the match

Unfortunately there was one unsavoury incident in front of us. I missed the start of it but my wife and son said that a group of about 5/6 45-year-old casuals sat in the front row but one of their group decided he was going to sit right behind them in row B. The fact that every seat was taken didn't bother the wee ned and he just pushed a guy away from his seat and told him to find somewhere else. He didn't give a shit about any comments from anyone around him, threatened to fight the guy whose seat he had taken when the man went to get a steward and rounded on the man's mate when he dared to touch him to say to him to calm down. The second guy then left to find his mate and took him to find another pair of seats rather than face the hassle and it was only because the guy and his mate who suffered were ordinary decent guys who didn't want trouble that the wee wanker didn't get the fight that he seemed to be ready to welcome. By the time I knew what was going on, it was all virtually over but the wee arsehole was the sort who was totally unconcerned of what anyone thought of him as long as he got his own way. I know you get all sorts among a fan base but there sure are some who embarrass you to think they support the same club.

Pretty sure I know exactly what group you are on about. Can't understand the thought process of folk that go to the football looking for a fight, never mind wanting one with your own fans.

The game was one of the feature matches on SSN on Saturday afternoon with Charlie Nicholas watching,he spent the 90minutes slagging the lack off quality of both park and players.......and giving weather updates from the match

Him and sky sports would do their best to slag off any game within the SPL so I can only imagine how he would have slated this one. Lapping it up no doubt. From what I've seen of accies this season I think this sort of football is a deliberate tactic. Granted we are hardly Brazil ourselves.

......I reckon we have only just delayed the inevitable for relegation for another 12months.

Don't get that given the turnover in players we will see in the closed season.

If we stay up - and it's still a big if - our player budget will be similar to StJ, Partick, Killie, RC, Dundee and whoever wins the play off. Outwith StJ, these are all teams that will be in the same boat as us, all scraping about looking for two or three players that can give them the edge.

With the rebuilding required and changeover in squad we are looking at there is no way we can know what team we will be watching or how they will perform.

In Caddins, McHughs, Tait, Hennigan and Frear we will have a decent start supplemented with some of the U20's - Campbell for one has proved himself as at least a squad player for next year.

I'd like to see us getting another couple of "mature" players in the McDonald & Lasley positions and a couple of proven SPFL players along with one or two "punts" from lower leagues. That should see us being competitive next season but if the incoming players turn out to be of the Vigours type then it's trouble.

Lastly, Kilmarnock have looked relegation material for the last few seasons but are safe this year so anything is possible

• Like 1

Listened to Graham Spiers on Radio Shortbread having a sustained go at Skippy tonight re diving/being "entitled to go down".

Couldn't watch the incident again since it was absent from the miserable BBC Highlights package of the Accies' game but the topic monopolised the discussion of relegation/play-offs. It was left to Barry Ferguson to offer some support to McDonald, so fair play to him.

Don't remember GS taking Rangers players to task for dropping like stones after tackles.

I don't think paranoid thoughts specific to us but just think pundits feel they can piss on provincial teams' shoes with impunity.

Listened to Graham Spiers on Radio Shortbread having a sustained go at Skippy tonight re diving/being "entitled to go down".

Couldn't watch the incident again since it was absent from the miserable BBC Highlights package of the Accies' game but the topic monopolised the discussion of relegation/play-offs.

BBC Alba coverage gives a pretty clear view of the incident. The Accies defender left his foot in which, in this day and age, counts as a foul.

I don't care what the pundits think, however. Skippy is one of those players you're delighted to have on your team, but would hurl abuse at when he's on an opponent's team. A talented, niggly wee pain in the arse that likes to try and referee games :biggrin:

• Like 1

Spiers is a wank in the Andy walker mould, says any old shite to get a reaction.

I mind a fan giving Walker pelters at the Five Live panel broadcast from the Cooper Suite years ago. Walker had called a Well fan a bigot before the mid-session break in transmission. As soon as it went live again the first interjection came from said guy pulling Walker up. Great stuff - Walker was squirming like the wee worm he is.

Couldn't watch the incident again since it was absent from the miserable BBC Highlights package of the Accies' game but the topic monopolised the discussion of relegation/play-offs. It was left to Barry Ferguson to offer some support to McDonald, so fair play to him.

Don't remember GS taking Rangers players to task for dropping like stones after tackles.

I don't think paranoid thoughts specific to us but just think pundits feel they can piss on provincial teams' shoes with impunity.

There used to be blazing rows between Hugh Keevins and James Traynor at the Daily Record offices - hilarious, and you couldn't miss them as the building was open plan. We all know where Traynor went, true colours and all that.

The Alba replay showed quite clearly that McDonald was tripped and the Accies defender, Sarris? knew it. Apologetic hands in the air expecting to be booked. And it was just outside the penalty area.

Absolutely. This should clearly be a case for the SFA's Compliance Officer to investigate. Sarris clearly fouled MacDonald and then sneakily allowed him to be booked for simulation. However, as the BBC didn't see fit to highlight the incident the Compliance Officer won't be interested. It annoyed me at the time at some of our fans were lambasting MacDonald for diving and one even said that he could have got an honest pro into trouble!

Edit: just read Skippy's comments on the BBC website, in which he confirmed he did not dive. Hopefully we will appeal the decision.

Given the number of dubious free kicks and probably opponent bookings he's won over the years by falling about, I'm not sure there's much to be gained by kicking up a fuss about it. For a younger player it might be a teachable moment, but I think we can safely say Skippy is just going to keep being Skippy, and sometimes he'll get his comeuppance, unfairly or otherwise.

It starts on the 14th Day following the offence so will be ok for next 2 games but if we do end up in play off would crucially miss the 2nd leg .

Need to appeal if need be, if we can indeed appeal for simulation bookings.