Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Kilmarnock Tue 16 May 19:45

Wallace_MFC

Of course we all want to win and Accies to lose this week, but I'll take a draw on Tuesday if Accies get beaten - that scenario would be enough to ensure our safety.

Obviously but let's not assume that they will lose (although having watched them yesterday, I suspect they will). We cannot go into the game thinking a draw will be enough. Are we sound enough defensively to play for a draw anyway? I think we all know the answer to that question...

Our home form is nothing short of abysmal and we will need to address that issue if we hope to take all three points. We are also playing a Kilmarnock team who have little to lose (apart from the extra money gained from a better league position). This will be as tense as the Hamilton match and we will need to remain focussed for the full 90+minutes. I’m praying for another narrow 1-0 win with Moult doing the business yet again.

Ideal result is win for us, Hamilton and ICT. Would mean we are safe and everything depends on the Hamilton v Dundee game

Its a scenario that could give us a 9th place finish, arguable if the stress involved waiting 24hours for an unlikely ICT result, given Dundees bounce, would make that ideal, over simply bettering Hamiltons result on Tuesday and being safe in 10th.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but it is possible that we can be safe on Tuesday even if Accies win.

No it isn't

Many of the friends will be people who would have paid in anyway, but hopefully the initiative brings in a few extra.

We've beaten them twice, and they don't have much to play for, but I doubt that makes a huge difference the second the whistle blows as far as Killie's effort goes, but If we can nick the first goal I think we'll do what we need to do to hold on.

Killie safe so hopefully got beach towels out in holiday mode

could work both ways, Killie playing with gay abandon?

Or alternatively, Killie come and try and play football allowing us to hit on the counter, which could suit our style more than the games against Dundee and Ross County who just sat in and tried to frustrate us into submission (successfully)

After watching the highlights of Kellie v ICT, surely we must win, ICT goalkeeper gave them a goal of a start and how the Killie player (sorry cannot remember his name) only got a booking for a horrendous tackle only the referee can answer that one.

You saying we're not capable of giving them a goal of a start likes ?? :haha:

- More important to get 3 points than to play well.

- Motherwell grind out a priceless 3 points with only 8 fully fit players, 4 of whom have to play out of position.

- Flood of complaints on here complaining how bad we were.

• Like 3

If we win on Tuesday, we also go above Dundee pulling them right back into the mix and, hopefully, adding more pressure to them before they play on Wednesday.

Which means Dundee know they are under pressure, McCann is still out to impress so hopefully they beat them or even draw

I don't think we can come to any conclusions regarding the position of other teams. In the play-off season we thumped St Mirren at Fir Park when St Mirren still had a chance to stay up and they then beat us a matter of a few weeks later when they were already relegated and the game was hugely important for us.

If we are to believe that pressure is often the cause of some of the poor football and decision making that we witness then Killie should be on form tomorrow night.