Scottish Premiership Game 20: Rangers (A) 27/12/17 19:45

Andy_P

First half was pretty comfortable and we had the 2 best chances of the half. You need to take those to win games anywhere let alone at Ibrox.

2nd half it all fell apart. Another cheap goal given away and absolutely no imagination going forward. Our "style" has become too predictable and without Moult its not working. Needs a rethink.

We gave him a fairly hefty contract extension recently so the pay of would be enormous but if 1 win in 10 becomes 11,12,13, 14 etc then something has to give.

I said after Tynecastle we wouldnt win another game in 2017 but the free fall has been jaw dropping.

Im struggling to remember a worse run of results, and thats with the past 3 seasons still reasonabley fresh in the memory!

We have become absolute fodder.

Our attacking play is dreadful. A poorly coached team.

Its like week to week they've never played together as a starting 11........

people kidding themselves on Moult dropping out is the root cause, he was involved in as many of the brutal games as he has missed.

Give Robinson another 3 or 4 players and we'll have another 8-12 weeks selection shuffling before having to go with Lasley picking a best 11 and battling for survival.

The injuries have dealt Robinson a tough hand, him treating his squad players as versatile superstars is laughable, they are not at that level or anywhere near it, they need structure and familiarity around them on the pitch.

he can do it, it will be horrible to watch, but it needs to kick in now, cut out the mistakes by getting back to basics..

• Like 1

Dont worry bed wetters! It is simply half time in the league a reasonable position considering our budget. I reckon forty points is safety. Five wins. If we win or lose to Hamilton wont change this. The players got belief in moult, I would buy two players up front as we cant bank on one. I believe in Robinson to get us to relative safety to about eigth when all is said and done. No point commenting tonight guys, Ill repeat the post on the last day of the season.

• Like 3

Dont worry bed wetters! It is simply half time in the league a reasonable position considering our budget. I reckon forty points is safety. Five wins. If we win or lose to Hamilton wont change this. The players got belief in moult, I would buy two players up front as we cant bank on one. I believe in Robinson to get us to relative safety to about eigth when all is said and done. No point commenting tonight guys, Ill repeat the post on the last day of the season.

If we do get two strikers wunderwell I hope they're better than Bowman and Fisher.

Rangers are absolutely rotten, have been dropping points to all and sundry this season

And yet, despite all that, they sit comfortably in 3rd place above this all and sundry they keep dropping points to.

I have lived in the US for just over 20 years. The last time we won a league game at Ibrox I was living in the UK.

If we had a fully fit first team out tonight we'd still have lost. That's how we roll.

Just back in from Ibrox - as I expected utter utter dross to watch with no creativity in the team and Tanner our only slight chance of creating something. We could have played until next year and not score . It would appear that the only true leader in our team is a player on loan which says it all.

It can be glossed up anyway people want under the Robbo appreciation society but 5 points from 30 with a team devoid of creativity and spark and being sent out week after week to be cautious and simply have a target of stopping the opposition playing isnt good enough .

I at least expect us to be challenging for top 6 and at least attack teams and be positive - that has completely disappeared from our way of playing .

Robbo has signed or reigned a lot of mediocre shite and its all too evident to see . His plan A isnt working and he doesnt have a plan B.

Results ultimately will determine how long he will continue in his role but if performances dont improve along with his approach to the way he sets the team up how long can he be untouchable for .

5 points from 30 would have seen McGhee and co hounded out but I suppose when youre in with the bricks its a different story. Cue the we got to a cup final and have injuries excuses to defend him.

Selling Moult could be the difference between us fighting for top 6 or fighting relegation.

• Like 1

We fans are a fickle lot, I wasn't impressed when we gave Robbo the job ,but then we had a great start and got to the cup final and I thought great appointment, now I'm starting tae think lose to Hamilton in the league, and then the cup....bye [/quote

Ballocks

I accept recent league form has been woeful. But if we can avoid relegation then getting nearly £2m into the club this season more than budgeted for is far more important.

Those 3 games v Celtic in less than a week destroyed our momentum and gave us injuries to our 4-5 most important players. Catch 22. If we do not reach the semi and final of the cup I don’t think we pick up as few points as we have.

Cut Robinson some slack. We are now in a position where most things are going against us as oppose to everything going for us. Even Accies game being postponed tonite means they will be fresher than us come Saturday.

The usual suspects on here will p1ss their pants and start questioning the Managers position. What we need now is fans to stay loyal and see what happens after the Jan transfer window.

Thanks Welldaft. Most sensible post on here tonight. Most others have been effin brutal

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think we are somewhere in the middle. By no means is it time to question the managers position but the 'we will avoid relegation' chat is boring. Whilst this is true folk are still allowed to criticize this horrific run of form. Especially when we know the players are capable of more.

A frank and honest interview from Robinson, fair play to him. We will look to bring in a couple of strikers and a defender hopefully because the guys we have just now aren't doing it.

I thought we were fine in the first half tonight tbh, we done well at times. Make no mistake though, Rangers are shocking. They were playing two youth team centre mids. Unfortunately any chances we did have we bottled it. Fisher's the main one.

As Robinson said, someone had to step up to the plate and they haven't the last run of games. I hope we have a decent quality of player lined up because it's clear Bowman and Fisher aren't cutting it up front

Cedric will be getting a ban for his tackle on Jack as well so thats another body out! Was slightly late and not malicious at all in my eyes but Rangers are screaming about it and the papers will highlight it as well tomo.

Say bye to Cedric for 3 games!

Just home from game, what a waste of a night. Rangers were terrible but we were worse. I just can't see where our goals will come from I think we need more than one striker as I don't think Fisher or Bowman are good enough. They were there for the taking tonight but we deserved what we got.

Thats the problem for me.

Hearts, there for the taking and we didnt do it.

Patrick, there for the taking and we didnt do it.

Killie, there for the taking ....

Dundee, there for the taking ...

Rangers, there for the taking...

Out of this lot we have 1 point. Against teams not on form with injuries and we play shite.

I think personalyl at the moment we are the team that are there for taking.

• Like 1

Cedric will be getting a ban for his tackle on Jack as well so thats another body out! Was slightly late and not malicious at all in my eyes but Rangers are screaming about it and the papers will highlight it as well tomo.

Say bye to Cedric for 3 games!

Was he yellow carded for it?

Fisher & Bowman wouldnt get a game for a single other Premier side. And would prob struggle at championship level, Petravicius looks a bit gash as well. We need a total overhaul if we are to do anything this season.

Yes we should avoid relegation, but just remember how utter shite we have been the last 2 seasons..... then take Moults 50+ goals out of that! We dont have him anymore, we need 2 goalscorers as a matter of urgency or else the threat of relegation will be bigger than it ever has been!

And for those saying Robbo has earned more time due to a cup final appearance? Remember Ranieri won the English Premiership and was sacked for less, as have many many other managers! This is Robinson's team, his players, his coaching and his tactics! And were fucking diabolical, he has time yes, but its running out sharpish!

We live in very strange times indeed. Normally I'd consider myself to fall within the most pessimistic 30% of posters but not tonight. Too much pant wetting and panic and thats saying something coming from me! What exactly were folk expecting tonight? I said a few days ago that we could pretty much write off tonight and probably the best we could hope for would be a draw on Saturday. I stand by that assessment more than ever. Whatever the result on Saturday we'll be in no lower than 8th spot going into the January break. I'm comfortable with that. We do need to make signings in January however - 2 strikers and a defender at least.

Given our toothless strikeforce we were probably never going to score tonight and we didn't - what a surprise. The result was always going to depend on our midfield. Could they compete with, not even outplay, their Sevco counterparts? I didn't think they had it in them and they didn't. To earn a draw they would have needed to keep their opponents out of our box and I just couldn't see them do it. We have a decent defence, albeit with a half fit goalie, but even they would buckle under constant pressure and sure as fate they did. We had no outball to take the pressure off them. It didn't take a neurosurgeon to work out that we went to Ibrox to contain Sevco/not get beat/to limit damage whatever you want to call it. If they scored one it would game over. Did we pick the wrong side? Probably, but we had very limited options.

What we did find out, to reinforce recent lessons is that a good few of our signings are simply not good enough for Premiership football. Our defence isn't bad, strikeforce non existent and central midfield not nearly as good as we thought and not good enough.

I'm not happy at all with recent results or performances, including tonight's, but its no time to panic. Starting from Monday its time to sort things out big time.