Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

54 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Just looking and we are selling tickets for North, South and East.

Seems a bit daft to be splitting our support into three.

On the face of it that does seem like a terrible idea!

Even if we take 10k, which I doubt, would it not make more sense to have us all together?

Some folks don't want to be behind the goals and some don't want to pay more for the better seats so choices have to be offered.

I think the bulk of our support will be in the north and east stands and as long as they sell the east stand tickets starting closest to the north stand that should keep the bulk of our support in 2 sections and close together.

South stand i think will be mainly officials, players families, hospitality etc.

The whole thing is a farce, ridiculous kick off time, council telly and high ticket prices its as if those clowns that run our game dont actually want a big crowd.

If their pitches were better either Edinburgh ground would have been better but thats another story!!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Personally I always go for the South Stand. Same price as North Stand. Good view with good facilities. Unfortunately they can't reduce the prices without doing the same for the other semi. If anything I'm surprised they're not higher to milk that game for all its worth. 

I've no idea and I suppose it depends on who they're playing but on this occasion they're at the west end. 

Could it be that tickets will be sold for the South Stand initially and then if there's demand the North will be opened up?  Arrangements do seem a bit odd though. 

IIRC, the seating arrangements are very similar to the St Johnstone semi final. I’d expect the majority of our support to be split between the North (towards the centre circle) and the North East corner where the singing section will be with a sprinkling of fans and family members in the South. 

Aberdeen have the potential to bring around 18,000 to the semi. However, I suspect because it’s on council telly they will bring no more than 12,000.  As for us, I suspect we will have around 8,000. So I expect there will be around 20,000 at the match which should still generate a half decent atmosphere.

5 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Aberdeen have the potential to bring around 18,000 to the semi. However, I suspect because it’s on council telly they will bring no more than 12,000.  As for us, I suspect we will have around 8,000. So I expect there will be around 20,000 at the match which should still generate a half decent atmosphere.

20 thousand inside Easter Road or Tynecastle would have been brilliant. The people running our game are an absolute joke.

• Like 2

I was at Hampden on Friday night with a similar attendance to what we can expect for the semi-final and the atmosphere was as flat as a pancake...Hampden only works well when its full.

Its an utter disgrace that they are playing this game there rather than Easter Road or Tynecastle
Agree in principle with your point but at least there will be a competitive match with a final place at stake rather than a friendly, and 2 sets if supporters which will help.

Pitches at Tynecastle and Easter Rd aren't great either, but either place would have been rocking.

I think 20000 might be optimistic but really hope i am wrong

1 hour ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

I was at Hampden on Friday night with a similar attendance to what we can expect for the semi-final and the atmosphere was as flat as a pancake...Hampden only works well when its full.

Its an utter disgrace that they are playing this game there rather than Easter Road or Tynecastle

Blasphemy. "Hate Friday night games" is your normal stance. Unless you've got a kilt on? Tartan clad beaut :nod:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess it's something to do with the sfa using the national stadium to cover costs / gain revenue as opposed to forking out to hire another stadium?

Probably makes financial sense however as a sporting spectacle it's probably the worst possible choice. 

They might also take demand into consideration- with a combined home support of about 18-20k the assumption might be that everyone who wants a ticket is guaranteed one at Hampden, whereas elsewhere might be a push. 

5 hours ago, Clackscat said:

I think 20000 might be optimistic but really hope i am wrong

Yes that’s my upper limit guess due to it being an early KO live on council telly. Ultimately, it will all depend on how many Dons fans fancy making the trip to watch them get humped by the mighty Well.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, weeyin said:

It's amazing how quickly this place turns from "Our cup record in recent years has been appalling" to "I don't want to play at Hampden again".

Aye, but it's actually only 3 folk saying it would be better at a full smaller stadium. Which it would. 

It's amazing how quickly this place turns from "Our cup record in recent years has been appalling" to "I don't want to play at Hampden again".
Who said 'I don't want to play at Hampden again' ???? Quite fancy being there on 19 May actually. Not clear what your point is.

1 hour ago, Clackscat said:

Who said 'I don't want to play at Hampden again' ???? Quite fancy being there on 19 May actually. Not clear what your point is.

All the people in this thread who have stated a preference for playing at Tynecastle or Easter Road over Hampden (because of lack of atmosphere).  There's been a few if you care to browse at your leisure.  

I think the big pitch at Hampden gives us an advantage with our fitness. We can worry about filling it in the final. 

2 hours ago, CoF said:

Aye, but it's actually only 3 folk saying it would be better at a full smaller stadium. Which it would. 

Playing at Tynecastle would give Aberdeen an advantage as their ploughed field of a pitch is about as bad as the Hearts pitch.