2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

20 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I would argue you’re comparing apples and pears with most of those names.

Perhaps but all of those were injured/had been through serious injury problems when we signed them and with the exception of Faddy for the first few months none of them made any impact for us and spent the majority of their returns out injured.

We cannot afford to gamble on players we know are injured right now. I appreciate that every signing we make is a gamble but we could at least try to stack the odds in our favour by steering clear of players who have been lying on the treatment table for the past six months.

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

Perhaps but all of those were injured/had been through serious injury problems when we signed them and with the exception of Faddy for the first few months none of them made any impact for us and spent the majority of their returns out injured.

We cannot afford to gamble on players we know are injured right now. I appreciate that every signing we make is a gamble but we could at least try to stack the odds in our favour by steering clear of players who have been lying on the treatment table for the past six months.

Ok no problem, Scott is probably not even on our radar, I simply think he does have attributes based on his time with us and he is still young, certainly a better option than many who have been signed in my view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dossertillidie2 said:

Never rated James scott in his first spell. Thought we were very lucky to get money for him at the time as I did hastie

out of that group Cambell and turnbull were always head a shoulders above them when watching them play 

ahhh now theres one we forgot about,,,,,,   JAKE  6 good games  HASTIE    come on home ma son 

1 minute ago, texanwellfan said:

Is Moult thing done and over then? Didn’t see any official announcement about his situation. Although obviously from his lack of appearances it would seem pretty much over and done with. Maybe I just missed official statement? 

I thought he was back at his home club being assessed post op but with no obvious way forward.  

2 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Is Moult thing done and over then? Didn’t see any official announcement about his situation. Although obviously from his lack of appearances it would seem pretty much over and done with. Maybe I just missed official statement? 

you no REAL work to be getting on with texan ?????    let us do the worrying on this side of the pond :whistle:

6 minutes ago, smiddy said:

you no REAL work to be getting on with texan ?????    let us do the worrying on this side of the pond :whistle:

Obviously you’re slacking off on the work front, going by the number of posts you’re putting on here. It’s my birthday so taking it easy. I’ll need my energy to handle all the food and drink she’ll be buying me later. 

13 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Obviously you’re slacking off on the work front, going by the number of posts you’re putting on here. It’s my birthday so taking it easy. I’ll need my energy to handle all the food and drink she’ll be buying me later. 

happy 70th    and had 6 days in a row off  ffs never done that in 30 year

15 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Think he was done after a week of arriving. Would have loved to have seen him live up to the “I’m home” joy at being back but it’s been sadly not to be 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kris-A-Goalda said:

Hearing through Irish League chat that we are looking at Lee Bonis of Larne and Ronan Hale of Cliftonville to bolster attacking options. Bonis also wanted by Rotherham. Both have hit double figures in the last few seasons. Hale has a reputation for the spectacular goal while Bonis is more of a poacher. Conor McMenamin of Glentoran was also being looked at as an option but a fractured leg a few weeks back has cooled down the speculation.

Sounds like a Malpas plan when brought a couple of players over from Ireland who went down a storm NOT 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, smiddy said:

danny murphy   trevor malloy and  A N other, he mustv been the worst cause i cant mind him 

Paul Keegan, pizza maestro...

What I would say is that since those transfers the gap between the Irish and Scottish leagues has very much narrowed...

Just now, MelvinBragg said:

Paul Keegan, pizza maestro...

What I would say is that since those transfers the gap between the Irish and Scottish leagues has very much narrowed...

got it melvin  just couldnt mind his name but i remember he took over a pizza franchise in paisley

• David locked this topic