2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Christian Dodge joins Killie on loan till end of season, thought he could have been worth pursuing 

I would have thought so too. Likewise I see Nicky Clark has joined St.Johnstone from Dundee Utd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yodo said:

Yer point is 

What is it that makes you think Aarons wasn’t Hammell’s signing (despite him saying it was and being here in 2020) and that it was down to the head of recruitment (who wasn’t here when Aarons previously was)?

1 hour ago, MJC_mkII said:

I would have thought so too. Likewise I see Nicky Clark has joined St.Johnstone from Dundee Utd.

I think Doidge has struggled since that long lay off with the achilles injury he suffered. He's scored like 3 goals in his last 30 odd appearances. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wishielad said:

We've had better keepers that never enjoyed the adulation Kelly receives. His distribution is poor and he's often slow to spot an opportunity to start an attack. 

Agree with this, i watched him tonight and a good number of his kick outs and throws went straight to an ICT player, and on the odd occasion when he did release the ball early it never found a Motherwell player, that's the part of his game that needs to improve.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Richie said:

Neilson apparently said they weren't looking at Moult

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'd be amazed if Hearts were looking at Moult. Moults record since leaving us is nothing of note and his game time, sadly for him through injury, has been poor. If he signs for us I wish him well but he's not one I'd be pushing the boat out to get.

17 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I can't believe Kelly is now coming under fire if we hadn't got him in on loan back in Dec 2020 we wouldn't even be in this division as we would have had Chapman in goals.....jeez...scary

He's not under fire. Seems no-one is allowed to make any comments about Kelly unless it's to worship him as it seems remarks about his ability for dealing with high balls and distribution and comparisons with previous keepers (choosing Chapman for this, is of course one option) are taken as unacceptable.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wishielad said:

He's not under fire. Seems no-one is allowed to make any comments about Kelly unless it's to worship him as it seems remarks about his ability for dealing with high balls and distribution and comparisons with previous keepers (choosing Chapman for this, is of course one option) are taken as unacceptable.

I am not worshipping Kelly. He has made mistakes same as every other player. I just felt it strange he was coming under fire. But hey ho we all have our own views, COYW 

3 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I'd be amazed if Hearts were looking at Moult. Moults record since leaving us is nothing of note and his game time, sadly for him through injury, has been poor. If he signs for us I wish him well but he's not one I'd be pushing the boat out to get.

I loved the guy but as you say injuries have been dreadful and he’s hardly scored a goal since leaving us. Even if we could I think we’re now at the point that it would be a mistake.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

I am not worshipping Kelly. He has made mistakes same as every other player. I just felt it strange he was coming under fire. But hey ho we all have our own views, COYW 

It's constructive criticism all just commenting on an aspect of his game that needs improvement , a bit like the feedback you get for your jokes :nod:

16 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

Celtic trying to punt james mccarthy on loan,would he solve the CM crisis folk r talking about if so who drops out?

If Miller is in the squad then we have 6 players for the 3 positions so we are covered. The only issue is no one is a natural on the left of the three but McCarthy wouldn't help with that. 

He's got another two years on his deal at Celtic after this season. Money for nothing. 

• David locked this topic