2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

8 hours ago, weeyin said:

I hope you were well into a Burn's Night dram with that post. 

nope nae drink just ma tatties neeps m haggis ,     explain why you would think i had a dram ?   do yo think hees good ?        he the best man fall champion at fir park and his side kick goss is the hide n seek champion,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smiddy said:

nope nae drink just ma tatties neeps m haggis ,     explain why you would think i had a dram ?   do yo think hees good ?        he the best man fall champion at fir park and his side kick goss is the hide n seek champion,

Great way to describe a pair of chancers Smiddy sums them up nicely U not got a description for Spittal or is he just rotten ?

Good luck to Barry, I hope he gets regular games and I think he will do well in that league. I think he has ability and showed it for a spell last season but he just strikes me as a boy without that level of confidence you need to make it at a higher level. 

8 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

Whoever game McGuire a 2 year extension needs firing, oops he did. Has been at Motherwell far to long, doesn't have a position, wether it be defensive or midfield. As I said his marking at the throw in which led to Ross County's equaliser was schoolboy. Sorry Barry just not good enough for the Premier league. 

He’s not quite at the premiership level I’m afraid. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, El Grew said:

I assume you meant that WE would pay cash to get rid of him!

Naw, there's no doubt that he's a tidy player but we need something a bit different to compliment Goss.

12 minutes ago, Wellfan90 said:

Does anyone know why the club haven’t announced the signing of Danzaki ? Has he signed ? 

It'll be the work permit process that is holding things up.

2 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Whoever game McGuire a 2 year extension needs firing, oops he did. Has been at Motherwell far to long, doesn't have a position, wether it be defensive or midfield. As I said his marking at the throw in which led to Ross County's equaliser was schoolboy. Sorry Barry just not good enough for the Premier league. 

There’s definitely a tidy destroyer type player in Maguire. Unfortunately, however, I think he’s been consistently mismanaged and also affected by a bad knee injury. I wish him all the best and hope he comes back to prove some people wrong. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Can anyone provide any insight on this process? It never seems to affect Celtic, or is that because they’ve got more money and clout? 

possibly as he arrived yesterday, he’s going through a medical today or tomorrow and will sign once everything is ok. 
possibly Celtic and other bigger clubs do this sort of thing abroad before getting the player over so the signing appears to be done quicker. 

1 minute ago, Stuwell2 said:

possibly as he arrived yesterday, he’s going through a medical today or tomorrow and will sign once everything is ok. 
possibly Celtic and other bigger clubs do this sort of thing abroad before getting the player over so the signing appears to be done quicker. 

Sounds about right, thanks. I guess their cash will pay for intermediaries to do this abroad before arrival. 

2 hours ago, smiddy said:

just a normal throw away comment  i would assume most people on here have used at some point in there lifes, but sorry if it offended you ,  it was more of an opinion

It's ok , wasn't offended , just you didn't back up your opinion, don't suppose you need to 

I think him and Goss are players but maybe not in SPFL...time will tell

The club learned their lesson a long time ago about not announcing a signing until it's complete. Medicals can fail, visas can be refused, etc.

I'm sure other clubs are the same but you won't be refreshing twitter every minute to see the progress of a Celtic signing.

The "announce" patter gets right on my tits.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Possibly, although it'd be a fair jaunt to fail a medical 

53 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Can anyone provide any insight on this process? It never seems to affect Celtic, or is that because they’ve got more money and clout? 

Celtic are also signing better players than us. The work permit process is much more straightforward for players that have featured for their international team.

19 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Celtic are also signing better players than us. The work permit process is much more straightforward for players that have featured for their international team.

Interesting. Why does that make it more straightforward? 

1 hour ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

It's ok , wasn't offended , just you didn't back up your opinion, don't suppose you need to 

its all about opinions  great balls of shire m8   i dont think they are any good but then again playing them with other players MIGHT make them better problem is were running out of time to feck about with configurations, but i am afraid our midfield  splits all our members

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, smiddy said:

its all about opinions  great balls of shire m8   i dont think they are any good but then again playing them with other players MIGHT make them better problem is were running out of time to feck about with configurations, but i am afraid our midfield  splits all our members

I don’t think any Well fan would sing the praises of our current midfield, nor do I think other clubs would bite our hand off to sign any of the midfielders. We’re in a strange position, as far as I’m concerned, of not having one standout player. We’re meek and predictable, much like the journeymen who ‘enforce’ the middle of the park for us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Unfortunately they play in the SPFL and both them and Spittal are terrible offer nothing to the team can’t tackle don’t track back and as Smiddy said one is a Best man fall champion and other is Hide n seek champion and Spittal is a waste of space 

• Like 1

• David locked this topic