2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

32 minutes ago, yosemite sam said:

I'm with Yoda here. When I go tonight, I sincerely hope I don't see the same three names in the midfield. That will put me on a downer right away. I hope Stevie can see what most of the support can see. Slattery was St Mirren's best player, he kept passing to their players. Goss doesn't track back to help the defence, and can't tackle anyway. Spittal runs about, but he takes too long to make decisions. So overall a not too functional midfield. We need another Alan Campbell in midfield, who will get in about the opposition and break up their play. I know it doesn't sound like it but I am a pretty positive person normally, and sincerely hope the new faces bring an upturn in our fortunes. 

If we get a defensive midfielder he might help these 3 , it will be some combination of them anyway, maybe plus dazanki

15 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

It's as simple as this we have made the signings it's time for Hammel and Kerr to work with players they have signed,that they had a say over and brought to the club.

So it's sink or swim now starting with tonight.

The clock starts running on SH for me from tonight. I really hope he digs us out of the state we are currently in.

50 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

The clock starts running on SH for me from tonight. I really hope he digs us out of the state we are currently in.

I hope it runs past the summer window, because with the best will in the world, the players available to us in January are typically B-listers.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

I hope it runs past the summer window, because with the best will in the world, the players available to us in January are typically B-listers.

Well never a better chance of 3 points than tonight, that should bring a level of optimism that’s really needed just now.

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

Then we have to get more from the existing players. Has Hammell got that in him?

41 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Tell Stevie Hammell that. He doesn't seem to be aware of that.

Im sure he is.

Maybe signing one who wants to play for us is more difficult than we think.

• David locked this topic