SLCup Motherwell v Inverness CT 31/08/22

SteelmaninOZ

I watched there game at firhill a couple of weeks ago and they were terrible but this still has the feel of a potential banana skin for us.i would like to see a couple of changes at most and get the job done and get into the next round.

5 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

I think we’ll get beat.

As you do each and every week.

I watched ICT get pumped by Partick Thistle just over a week ago and they looked a poor side, while on paper it seems like a potential banana skin I'm quite confident we will be comfortably progressing to the next round. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of changes to the side most likely Penney making his debut and probably Efford for Shields. Looking forward to the Fir Park double header this week.

3 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

A certainty sol will be up to the Bois section with his megaphone to try and make everyone forget about his howler at the weekend, not a fan but still better than bevis and ojala

Better with the megaphone, certainly. I'd be quite happy to see Bevis in the centre of that defence.

8 hours ago, thewelllfan said:

I personally would go 

Oxborough

Sod Mugabi Lamie Penney

Maguire Goss Spittal

Tierney

Van Veen Ferrie

Why?  There’s only 2 competitions we’ve a serious chance of doing well in and maybe make some money along the way, so why start f*cking  about with the team selection?  Stevie Hammell must identify his best/ strongest 11 and play them.

• Like 1

We absolutely MUST play our strongest available side on Wednesday night. It’s not acceptable for us to simply treat this as a lesser game just because it’s the league cup and we don’t have a strong enough squad to be able to rotate it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJC_mkII said:

We absolutely MUST play our strongest available side on Wednesday night. It’s not acceptable for us to simply treat this as a lesser game just because it’s the league cup and we don’t have a strong enough squad to be able to rotate it. 

completely agree - and even with our best team we're not guaranteed to win.

Our best team at some stage should include McKinstry (for shields)  & Penney for (S'OD)

Kelly

Mcginn    sol      lamie

Sod   slattery   goss  spittal   penney

Kvv    efford

They r not going t come n play wi 3 up front,might b 2,possibly even 1,so a flat back 4 is pointless,midfield picks itself on current form(maybe wi the exception deano for slattery)ive gone for joe t partner kvv cos unlike others i think there is something there wi him just lacks a bit of confidence,and on current showing he deserves t start a game in front of shields rather than 20/30minute cameos

Must play our strongest team for this one

If you offered me Europe this season again, or a cup final at Hampden I know what I would pick , been so long hearing about 1991 that one of these seasons it must be our turn of a cup

In reality of course I don’t see it happening, but always good to think it will if things go our way

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

If you offered me Europe this season again, or a cup final at Hampden I know what I would pick , been so long hearing about 1991 that one of these seasons it must be our turn of a cup

In reality of course I don’t see it happening, but always good to think it will if things go our way

Exactly, our only chance of silverware is one of the cup's. 31 years far too long without a trophy, almost every other top division team has won a trophy since then

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Absolutely! And after our latest European ‘adventure’ if I never see us play another European match then it won’t be a day too soon.

Obviously the Scottish Cup is the more prestigious one but I would take a league cup win any day. 

Plus a league cup win would give us the added bonus of not having to play in Europe. :yahoo:

#The passports in the drawer!

The passports in the drawer!

And that is where it’s staying

And that is where it’s staying

And that is where it’s staaaaayyyyyinnnggg!!!!

The passports in the drawer! #

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, spudmfc said:

Kelly

Mcginn    sol      lamie

Sod   slattery   goss  spittal   penney

Kvv    efford

They r not going t come n play wi 3 up front,might b 2,possibly even 1,so a flat back 4 is pointless,midfield picks itself on current form(maybe wi the exception deano for slattery)ive gone for joe t partner kvv cos unlike others i think there is something there wi him just lacks a bit of confidence,and on current showing he deserves t start a game in front of shields rather than 20/30minute cameos

this would be my choice in line up.

formation favours our stronger/better players and shields for me has had plenty chances to be a foil to Van veen

We don't normally get a live stream of league cup games. From memory, the only exception is if we happen to be one of the live games.

I suppose it's because we use the TV company's live feeds and if they don't have cameras at the game then neither do we.