Motherwell v Celtic 09/11/2022

SteelmaninOZ

6 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Yup I said same last night, just needed simple throw back to Lamie. But Penney been great signing so far so I will cut him some slack 

If it hadn’t hit the Celtic Guy our player was away down the wing with it and attacking. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Problem is, having already slowed the other team down by committing a foul, the offending team linger within the 10 yard distance stopping or discouraging the team awarded the free kick from getting any advantage without incurring a risk of loosing possession. Additionally the first sentence literally states that the kick should be retaken if an opponent is closer to the ball than the required distance. They either need to remove one of the sentences or tidy up their wording. 

If they linger. If the free kick is taken quickly enough they won't have time to linger. 

To get one simple, all-encompassing rule that isn't open to any interpretation, you'd have to do away with quick free kicks by waiting for the referee to mark out 10 yards after every foul or offside, and only restart play when he whistles.

21 hours ago, claretband said:
  15 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

No, I'm no at the wind up. Here it is in black and white:

If, when a free kick is taken, an opponent is closer to the ball than the required distance, the kick is retaken unless the advantage can be applied; but if a player takes a free kick quickly and an opponent who is less than 9.15 m (10 yds) from the ball intercepts it, the referee allows play to continue

That last part can't be right surely?

In the first part the referee has asked the players to move back the required distance and the play restarts with the referees whistle. If an opposition player has moved forward, within 10 yards of the ball before the kick is taken it’s an offence and a retake.
In the second example the team has taken a quick free kick, in which case the referee has not asked anybody to move back the required distance (so how do the players know what 10 yards is?) and the play restarts without the referees whistle. As soon as the kick is taken it’s fair game for the opposition to intercept.

• Like 1

Not that anything happened from this particular incident, but earlier in the game at the same position as the Penney throw later in the game, Celtic had a throw, Hatate quickly took it but I think it was Greg Taylor who caught the ball (in clear view of the ref) and walked off with it to retake, not much usually gets by Willie Collum's nose.

Only four games in and they think they're the victims of VAR already, even though they have managed to win and all decisions probably being correct any other club who has had a dodgy decision against them so far has barely warranted a mention. It was nice to see another angle being used to prove Jota was one bad hair doo offside. 

27 minutes ago, pretzel said:

Not that anything happened from this particular incident, but earlier in the game at the same position as the Penney throw later in the game, Celtic had a throw, Hatate quickly took it but I think it was Greg Taylor who caught the ball (in clear view of the ref) and walked off with it to retake, not much usually gets by Willie Collum's nose.

Only four games in and they think they're the victims of VAR already, even though they have managed to win and all decisions probably being correct any other club who has had a dodgy decision against them so far has barely warranted a mention. It was nice to see another angle being used to prove Jota was one bad hair doo offside. 

I see on  the BBC gossip page this morning that the green uglies are whining about the Jota incident, and " seeking clarification " from the SFA.

As I suspected every VAR incident that goes against the uglies green or blue, the usual media shit storm  is generated, but nobody gives a feck about dodgy decisions affecting the other 10 teams all this "we are always the victims " attitude they  constantly have is a feckin nonsense as they know the SFA is shit scared of upsetting either of them and do feck all.

No wonder Scottish football is a joke given the influence those 2 have on our game at the expense of the other 40 clubs.

Scottish Gossip: Porteous, Stoke, Celtic, Jota, Rangers, Hearts, Haring - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63582879

25 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I see on  the BBC gossip page this morning that the green uglies are whining about the Jota incident, and " seeking clarification " from the SFA.

As I suspected every VAR incident that goes against the uglies green or blue, the usual media shit storm  is generated, but nobody gives a feck about dodgy decisions affecting the other 10 teams all this "we are always the victims " attitude they  constantly have is a feckin nonsense as they know the SFA is shit scared of upsetting either of them and do feck all.

No wonder Scottish football is a joke given the influence those 2 have on our game at the expense of the other 40 clubs.

Scottish Gossip: Porteous, Stoke, Celtic, Jota, Rangers, Hearts, Haring - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63582879

My thoughts exactly spider. Cannot believe what I am reading this morning. 

They are unbelievable and what annoys me more is us and the rest being so quiet. 

They put on some face making out they are always being disadvantaged by someone .

This last week has got to me more than it should but honestly sick of it and see why people get fed up and stop going.

Time for Burrows to call out the SPFL over the VAR coverage of the throw in incident . The small clubs can’t allow the uglies to run the VAR decisions . I see the Shellic fans are saying SoD should have been booked for attacking Hatate in the penalty box when it was Hatate that kicked him . Cmon Burrows grow a pair and stuck intae them 

2 hours ago, GrahamH said:

In the second example the team has taken a quick free kick, in which case the referee has not asked anybody to move back the required distance (so how do the players know what 10 yards is?)

It would depend on the situation. I think most folk would have difficulty in instantly estimating the difference between 8,9 or 10 metres, but most would immediatley know the difference between 2 metres and 10 surely?  Again down to common sense.

16 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Time for Burrows to call out the SPFL over the VAR coverage of the throw in incident . The small clubs can’t allow the uglies to run the VAR decisions . I see the Shellic fans are saying SoD should have been booked for attacking Hatate in the penalty box when it was Hatate that kicked him . Cmon Burrows grow a pair and stuck intae them 

I agree but how does he do that? If he comments, the press and media will largely censor/suppress it and won't report it or highlight it. 

It just sums Sellik up, even after disallowed goal you could hear fans claiming every decision.  They won the game but can't stop moaning about VAR yet not a peep about the songs that their fans sing or the Flare display before the match .....ahhhh I forgot.....it's that's special atmosphere that they bring.....aye right

• Like 1

Looks like the Mail (I think) has said one of VAR camera operators didn't record the required angle and that's what they're complaining about. Burrows has been talking about all the cameras being put in correctly, but the implication seems to be it was our cock up.

Is it the responsibility of the home club to operate the system at their ground during games, or are people sent in to do that?

* They're now saying the broadcaster was filming the dugouts when it happened, so they missed it. So they get the VAR footage from the shitty coverage we watch?

56 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I agree but how does he do that? If he comments, the press and media will largely censor/suppress it and won't report it or highlight it. 

Burrows is very social media savvy and if he had to start the ball rolling and others got on board the media would be all over it as its a big story. Maybe in hope more than expectation but why cant all us other teams work together against them as although they both claim to hate each other they work together to ensure their stranglehold continues against all the rest.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

It would depend on the situation. I think most folk would have difficulty in instantly estimating the difference between 8,9 or 10 metres, but most would immediatley know the difference between 2 metres and 10 surely?  Again down to common sense.

No, because if you look at the language used there is no required distance in the second part. A player is choosing to take a quick free kick to gain an advantage without the referee getting involved in moving anyone back so they’re taking their chances of the free kick legitimately being blocked by someone a few yards away.

With respect to Celtic query on Jotas goal. The call on the field was offside. VAR was unable to provide clear and obvious evidence to change the call. The Morris incident I thought would have been red card. So moving along to the throw in, I’d be very interested to hear that explanation.  As mentioned the governing and officiating bodies need to have open communication so that clubs and fans alike can understand what’s going on. If a mistake was made then just say that and we can all learn and understand better 

edit: they need to cut the review time down. If it’s an obvious mistake it should be easy to see.  they could also tell the players right there and then, and coaches, why that particular VAR review resulted in the call. 

6 hours ago, Yodo said:

The clubs have the power if they all stick together, but they are  all gutless and cant see past the green and blue pound .

• Like 1

The irony of the outcry about the Jota incident is that all that fuss about something that did not change the result. No mention of the dodgy shy that led to a goal. No fuss about the pull on Lamie v Aberdeen that should have given us a last minute penalty. Poor Celtic but of course they are stoking the fire for future tight decision hoping the pressure they know they can bring will influence the decisions.

40 minutes ago, sinjy said:

The irony of the outcry about the Jota incident is that all that fuss about something that did not change the result. No mention of the dodgy shy that led to a goal. No fuss about the pull on Lamie v Aberdeen that should have given us a last minute penalty. Poor Celtic but of course they are stoking the fire for future tight decision hoping the pressure they know they can bring will influence the decisions.

They've been doing this for years , and it will never change while the authorities have no backbone.

I just saw that some Rangers fans with tickets were locked out of St Mirren today because the stand reached capacity. For both of our games against Celtic there were clearly 500-1000 fans in the South Stand over capacity. 

I heard that Celtic fans were buying tickets for the home end and scanning into the away no problem but I suspect that counterfeiters are able to make duplicate QR  codes that allow people to scan I'm.

Thankfully the scumbags aren't due at Fir Park again for a while but it is something the club will need to look into. 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

I just saw that some Rangers fans with tickets were locked out of St Mirren today because the stand reached capacity. For both of our games against Celtic there were clearly 500-1000 fans in the South Stand over capacity. 

I heard that Celtic fans were buying tickets for the home end and scanning into the away no problem but I suspect that counterfeiters are able to make duplicate QR  codes that allow people to scan I'm.

Thankfully the scumbags aren't due at Fir Park again for a while but it is something the club will need to look into. 

I find that hard to believe tbh, the South stand has 5000 seats and to me it did not look like there was another 1000 fans in there from my view in the pod it looked like everybody had a seat.

As for the fake tickets, once a QR code is scanned it can't be scanned again so copied tickets etc won't be valid, and your average green ugly does not have the technical ability to generate a new valid Code, even if it was possible to do do.

So for me rumours like that are a lot of shite.

20 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I find that hard to believe tbh, the South stand has 5000 seats and to me it did not look like there was another 1000 fans in there from my view in the pod it looked like everybody had a seat.

As for the fake tickets, once a QR code is scanned it can't be scanned again so copied tickets etc won't be valid, and your average green ugly does not have the technical ability to generate a new valid Code, even if it was possible to do do.

So for me rumours like that are a lot of shite.

I sit in the second last section of the East and both stairways were full of people standing during both games and the sections looked overcrowded as well. 

With Rangers Euro run it was the same thing. Every stairway was packed during the match, there were thousands extra in the ground for the QF and SF. There's obviously a dodgy way of getting into certain grounds that's getting exploited.  

There was a tweet of the tifo Celtic did before the game and it was noticeable that you couldn't see the stairways. Plenty evidence that they managed to get smoke bombs and flares in too which aren't allowed, so that couldn't have happened either.

For what it's worth I thought it definitely looked over capacity on TV.

Would be a major black mark on the club so I'd be surprised of we had any confirmation either way. 

I remember a few years ago that the Police stopped access to the East Stand because the automatic turnstile counters indicated that it was full to capacity, despite there being empty seats. I think that was put down to a technical fault.  Presumably now, someone in authority can tell pretty much in real time the number of ticket holders in the stadium? Like Spiderpig, I am very sceptical that an extra 1,000 fans could gain access to the South Stand. Thats an extra 21% over capacity.       

Not a surprise - I know at the recent Rangers my BiL and nephew were surrounded by the Union Bears, many of whom were openly boasting of having "doubled up" to gain entry. This is apparently a common occurence at Rangers (and I would have to assume Celtic too) away games. How ticketless fans get that close to the stadium, let alone turnstiles astonishes me.

Certainly at the last Rangers game there was no stairway access visible in the 3 sections on the top tier, next to the East Stand.