World Cup Break

twistandshout1983

With the 5 week break now it would be a good idea I think to try and get a couple of friendlies , maybe a game against an English side at Fir Park that fans could pay to get in even .

Lower league team of course, maybe one who has no FA cup action , Bradford or a team like them who were knocked out recently, As leagues one and two still going ahead 

Think Hibs playing Middlesbrough soon . Hopefully a possibility as with no Scotland in the World Cup I would like to see some sort of live football that I have an interest in

It’s a good suggestion but there’s been nothing from the club as yet that suggests we’re even looking at this as an option. With the injury/potential injury list we have I reckon there will be more of a focus on getting everyone fit for the restart. I would say that a training camp abroad is more likely than us arranging a series of bounce games.

I think we should take the time to rest the players and get our injured ones fit again. A couple of bounce games the week before hostilities resume will do just fine. Let the fans chill out, save some cash and enjoy the World Cup. Friendlies are pish.

After the sligo games and alexander leaving then appointing hammell,I would have been happy enough stopping for the world cup with us in 9th place.i hope we can use the break to our advantage and get players back from injury and allow hammell a bit of a breather to take stock and hopefully plan for upcoming transfer window.theres a wee bit of a gap opening up to the teams above us that we have to put right against st mirren and kilmarnock,we really need to be hitting the ground running when the play resumes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...