Rangers v Motherwell 28/12/2022

SteelmaninOZ

I think someone defo needs to come in and help Hammell if that’s the road we are going down, 9 points from next three games are a must, but we always concede from open play or a gift, so we need to score more and with Shield’s on we are playing with 10, we are in trouble 

3 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Where do we go from here (apart from Livingston for the wise cracks)?

Straight to the championship do not pass go do not collect £200 and all i can say is its not a disaster its a requirement to reset this club of ours. We have been going nowhere for far too long now. It will stop all this punching above our weight talk when i believe we should have been saying we are a well established Scottish Premier League Club.

When do you ever hear Livingston, St Johnston, Livingston, St Mirren say how there are punching above their weight  

Worried like the rest of you but can we give Hammell a bloody chance?! Any manager would have struggled with the state Alexander left us in. I get that we need to start picking up points asap, but a pile on the manager is just not going to help. We need some bodies in quickly but surely Hammell deserves at least one full transfer window to see what he can do with the mess left to him. We’re still outside the bottom 2 (just) and we have a game in hand against a good few of the teams around us, so all is not lost yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, couttsy said:

Worried like the rest of you but can we give Hammell a bloody chance?! Any manager would have struggled with the state Alexander left us in. I get that we need to start picking up points asap, but a pile on the manager is just not going to help. We need some bodies in quickly but surely Hammell deserves at least one full transfer window to see what he can do with the mess left to him. We’re still outside the bottom 2 (just) and we have a game in hand against a good few of the teams around us, so all is not lost yet.

FFS how can everything that happens at FP still be Alexander's fault. Take off the Hammell rose coloured glasses. He hasn't got it. How many defeats do you need to see that. We offer no threat, can't defend, can't keep a clean sheet. Look back to the league at the end of Christmas anytime and you will see the bottom 3 normally remain the bottom 3. The only question is in what order they finish 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ppower said:

FFS how can everything that happens at FP still be Alexander's fault. Take off the Hammell rose coloured glasses. He hasn't got it. How many defeats do you need to see that. We offer no threat, can't defend, can't keep a clean sheet. Look back to the league at the end of Christmas anytime and you will see the bottom 3 normally remain the bottom 3. The only question is in what order they finish 

“No threat, can’t defend, can’t keep clean sheets”, maybe take a guess and why that might be the case? Maybe the players (or some of them at least) are just not good enough and need replaced.  Remind me how long Hammell has had in charge to replace players he doesn’t fancy?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

Straight to the championship do not pass go do not collect £200 and all i can say is its not a disaster its a requirement to reset this club of ours. We have been going nowhere for far too long now. It will stop all this punching above our weight talk when i believe we should have been saying we are a well established Scottish Premier League Club.

When do you ever hear Livingston, St Johnston, Livingston, St Mirren say how there are punching above their weight  

Amen!

I am 100% convinced that a lot of this “punching above our weight” mindset stems from Alan Burrows.

It could have been far worse tonight and it has been frequently in the past. Taken on its own the 3-0 scoreline isn't bad given the circumstances. We also gave 2 young lads some gametime. No red cards either. 

The way we lost 3 goals was entirely predictable and I doubt if Hammy or indeed us learned anything new. Maybe it confirmed 1 or 2 things though. 

Our season starts next week and there will be no hiding place for the players or Hammy. 

We need to chill out about tonight. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, couttsy said:

“No threat, can’t defend, can’t keep clean sheets”, maybe take a guess and why that might be the case? Maybe the players (or some of them at least) are just not good enough and need replaced.  Remind me how long Hammell has had in charge to replace players he doesn’t fancy?

The trouble is we don't have a lot of time sadly,relegation is a real threat this season.the squad is a shambles and putting a rookie manager in charge was a gamble that we should never have took.

2 minutes ago, mfc said:

The trouble is we don't have a lot of time sadly,relegation is a real threat this season.the squad is a shambles and putting a rookie manager in charge was a gamble that we should never have took.

I hear you but had we appointed an experienced manager I suspect he’d be dealing with the same issues. None of these issues are new since Hammell took charge, all of them have been happening since Jan 2022 if not before. We need to back Hammell in the window (if we have any cash to manoeuvre) and give him a fair crack at it.  

7 minutes ago, couttsy said:

I hear you but had we appointed an experienced manager I suspect he’d be dealing with the same issues. None of these issues are new since Hammell took charge, all of them have been happening since Jan 2022 if not before. We need to back Hammell in the window (if we have any cash to manoeuvre) and give him a fair crack at it.  

But the sad thing is who wants to come and play for Stevie Hammell, an experienced manager may have contacts, but our scouting system seems shit, it’s going to be a very long few months

3 minutes ago, couttsy said:

I agree,after seeing the two performances against sligo there is no guarantees than an experienced manager would have got anymore out of this squad than hammell has.i love hammell as much as the next fan but the time will come when a decision has to be made if things don't seriously improve over the next 3 or 4 games,relegation for us would be unthinkable.if he still had the full support of the board then they must back him to make as many changes in january as the budget allows,we need to be as ruthless as possible and try and get some out the door even on loan to free up funds,guys like maguire and shields aren't good enough and just taking a wage for nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wellsince75 said:

we sadly miss any leadership and ownership on the park. 

Miss the days when the likes of Craigan, Hammell, Lasley, Leitch would all get stuck in.

I think that's the issue with our current squad -players hide and very little fight. 

Leitch was a tremendously underrated player good to hear his name again.