Motherwell V St Johnstone 01/02/2023

Kmcalpin

This 4-3-3 formation got Alexander the boot cause he was to stubborn to change,now hamell doing exactly the same,the players we have at our disposal is crying out for 3-5-2,we have to shore up the midfield, greame souness said about Liverpool"they don't have the legs in midfield anymore"now we have not had legs since Campbell left,so we have to combat that by having numbers in there.    

Kelly 

Mcginn.   Blaney.    Lamie 

Max.  Riku.  Goss.  Mckinstrey.   Sod?

Crankshaw. mandron

That's my preferred shape too as O'Donnell has always been better attacking than defending, would suit Max as well. Would cut down the need for Kelly to punt it aimlessly as we could build from the back instead. The main concern is that central midfield still looks weak as Goss can't tackle.

• Like 1

Name a worse Motherwell midfield 3 than Goss, Slattery, Spittal. 

It's obvious we don't have the players for a 433, and I don't think we have the right balance of midfielders for a 352 either. We need to try something different and hope it works, fast. 

2 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Name a worse Motherwell midfield 3 than Goss, Slattery, Spittal. 

It's obvious we don't have the players for a 433, and I don't think we have the right balance of midfielders for a 352 either. We need to try something different and hope it works, fast. 

auld bobby graham shuffling about asda with his walker frame   looks to have a wee bit more about him than they 3    but jesue you will have mr yodo on next creamin his pants agreeing with you

3 hours ago, spudmfc said:

This 4-3-3 formation got Alexander the boot cause he was to stubborn to change,now hamell doing exactly the same,the players we have at our disposal is crying out for 3-5-2,we have to shore up the midfield, greame souness said about Liverpool"they don't have the legs in midfield anymore"now we have not had legs since Campbell left,so we have to combat that by having numbers in there.    

Kelly 

Mcginn.   Blaney.    Lamie 

Max.  Riku.  Goss.  Mckinstrey.   Sod?

Crankshaw. mandron

Goss ffs m8 get a grip . Don’t u know Mandron is oot fur weeks 

1 hour ago, El Grew said:

Our home league record against St. Johnstone:

P81 W45 D15 L21 GF158 GA91

Win 56%; Draw 18%; Lose 26%

Likely outcome = ???

They have lost the last seven games albeit they have faced the Old Firm three times during that run. Since the turn of the year when our fixtures looked more favourable we kept getting scenarios where we could bring other teams into the mix but keep blowing it, to think Hibs were a bawhair away from us like three weeks ago and they're now ten points ahead. If we beat St Johnstone they'll only be a point ahead and we will have a game in hand and Celtic is there next league fixture, I can't help but feel we're going to arse it up again then lather, rinse and repeat this against Aberdeen on Saturday. Apologies about the negative outlook, felt scunnered before the St Mirren game.

Anyway today is transfer deadline day, I'm not usually one for suggesting drastic changes but if we manage to add any new faces today I wouldn't be averse to throwing them right into the starting lineup as I feel we badly need freshened up. It's going to be an interesting day to say the least as we badly need a left back but reports suggest another forward is en route.

We definitely need more bodies in today and we have to shake the personnel up if its possible.

Saturday was disappointing but with Mandrons injury and Crankshaw having been unwell during the week and Danzaki's work permit not through, Hammy was restricted to what changes could be made.

We need to sort that today.

9 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

No denial of an interest in Watt.

Hmmmm I can see him coming back, tbf if he does and scores a few goals etc and we avoid the bottom 2 places then nobody will care what went on previously. At this stage of the season we need to take a punt as the squad is severely lacking in goal scoring threat, so why not bring Watt back in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Hmmmm I can see him coming back, tbf if he does and scores a few goals etc and we avoid the bottom 2 places then nobody will care what went on previously. At this stage of the season we need to take a punt as the squad is severely lacking in goal scoring threat, so why not bring Watt back in.

I'm doubtful it'll happen, but I can certainly believe we're after him. It's not just down to him, obviously, but the wheels came off when he left a year ago and we haven't found anyone to replace what he brought to the team. 

You're right about the need for something - anything - that'll get us moving up the table, and the fans' reaction to Watt if he helps us do that. If popularity won points, Louis Moult would still be here.

Nobody could deny that Tony Watt coming back wouldnt improve our squad.

Regardless of whether he were to score goals or not, he holds the ball up well and brings others into the game.

KVV, McKinstrey, Danzaki and Crankshaw would all benefit from having him on the pitch. Quite how we would fit them all in is another matter.

I dont see United letting him come to us, but even if they did, he would need the hide of a rhino to pull it off.

Thankfully for Tony, I think he is that thick skinned!

4 hours ago, Coatsy said:

Crystal Ball Danzaki hasn't even played a game for us so ho do you know Watt would benefit him?

Eh.......because he can hold the ball up and bring other players into the game. Allows your attacking players to get up in support.

Anyway, he has signed for St Mirren, so its a moot point.

4 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Eh.......because he can hold the ball up and bring other players into the game. Allows your attacking players to get up in support.

Its amazing how he gets better and better each week. I remember he was very good at falling over and winning freekicks in dangerous areas that was his party piece think that's where Slattery learned his falling about 

29 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

Its amazing how he gets better and better each week. I remember he was very good at falling over and winning freekicks in dangerous areas that was his party piece think that's where Slattery learned his falling about 

Ok. I must have imagined it.........

49 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Only if he can be arsed and if he can be it only lasts six months or so. Heard he fell out with his shadow last week.