Motherwell V St Johnstone 01/02/2023

Kmcalpin

24 minutes ago, Well Well said:

from what I have been told Van Veen is NOT injured, far from it and it is absolutely everything to do with his application and lack of movement.

If I had been an independent spectator today I would have genuinely wondered if O'Donnell had deliberately played badly as a bet/laugh as his performance was that bad.

I was questioning why SOD was not in the team seeing as we are so short in numbers at the back,but that performance tonight really has me baffled,can someone actually try and play that badly and if so,why?

2 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

I was questioning why SOD was not in the team seeing as we are so short in numbers at the back,but that performance tonight really has me baffled,can someone actually try and play that badly and if so,why?

It was almost self/team sabotage. I can't quite understand it. 

8 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

The sooner he fucks off at the end of the season the better,im not a fan of mcginn at left back but atleast he would try a leg,o'donnell looked totally uninterested from the start.to think we're relying on guys like him to get us out the mess were in shows how much were in dire straits.

5 hours ago, spudmfc said:

I was also glad to see him back but that is probably the worst I have ever seen him play, tonight. 

It’s amazing how professional players can let themselves down so badly, worst performance of the season to date, players need to seriously look at themselves. Manager hasn’t a clue, probably the worst we have ever had,  it the players need to want to win, do they want him out ? or are they just not good enough.

4 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Most of the players are not good enough or not working hard enough, as well as the formations being disconnected crap. 

Our players aren't any worse than the likes of st mirren and Livingston,the difference is they have a system and a way of playing and there players know exactly what there role is within that system,even last night a poor st johnstone team knew what they were doing,where as we looked looked clueless from the start,we have no positive game plan,that kick and rush stuff last night is disgraceful from a professional team.i totally agree that a lot of the players aren't working hard enough,I said last night after the game that to many are strolling about the park thinking they are something,there conning the club on a weekly basis by picking up there wages.the situation as it stands is still salvageable but only by changing manager,we need someone in that knows how to set a team up properly.i would take 11th as I think we would have enough over two legs in a play off but we're a certs for straight relegation if we don't act now.

8 hours ago, spudmfc said:

Because he's never been that good, 2 successive mgrs didn't play him...and we couldn't punt him in window, tells u a lot 

St J had an experienced CB in Considine, the number 34 in the middle who ran the show for 90 minutes and although I've never rated the guy Stevie May who's streetwise and will run all day. A proper spine of experience and willingness to graft and influence the players around them. Everything we are lacking at the moment. Whether it's our existing players having no confidence in hamell or something wrong deeper within the club one things for sure, if we continue on this path were going straight down without reply. My biggest fear being a long stay in the lower divisions for years to come.

• Like 1

I think that last night puts the debate around SOD to bed. Next time he’s not getting a game think of tonight. He is one of the lads I think needed to go in January. For me Carson needs a spell out the team and Lamie should be dropped the second Beevis or another CB is available to play there. I’ve seen some poor performances but that’s up there if we were playing a half decent side it could have been a cricket score. 

it’s the first I’ve thought maybe The Manager needs to go I’m all for giving managers time but how much more time. I don’t know whats happened since the World Cup but our performances haven’t been as good as they were start of the season and even if Hammel goes we still have a lot of dead wood to clear out.

10 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

That doesn't prove me wrong , I've watched him since he signed and he is a weak cog in the defence.

The boy Johnston is a better player and he doesn't have any Scotland caps 

Johnston needs to (and will) improve as a defender. His energy and willingness to take on a fullback and ping crosses into the box, continually, is promising. He should be our future permanent right-back. 

I was on the hammell OUT train last night,but after alot of thought,this team have thrown him under the bus,we the fans turned up in our usuall numbers on a miserable Wednesday night to be served up that dross,the system the formation the team selection,call it what you will,certain players have buried hammell, remember KVV's first game against hibs "unplayable"was the high praise,he actually got cheered off the park after an hour last night,SOD,he's been out the team that long I think he's forgot how to play the game,and Slattery,well I can't really come up with anything decent to say about him, we now have cover in these 3 positions those  imposters should never play for us again,I'm not sure if I can put Goss and lamie in that category or is it just a case of being dragged down to others levels,I'll continue to support my team but we are gone(championship)on this current run of form

11 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I don't believe players would be happy to see their team relegated, simple fact is they aren't good enough.  I just can't believe you haven't got KVV on that list, his attitude is worse than the lot of them

Something absolutely stinks. Who's picking the team. Slattery & Goss? Hammy said players had travelled through the night. So he drops the only player we have that can look up and play a pass and create. Best player we've had all season. That statement (excuse) alone tells me everything and could cost him his job.   

10 hours ago, spudmfc said:

Players travelled through the night. Down to our bare bones. So I'll drop McKinstry because he actually looks like he could score. F'k off.

The issue for me is the board, they can see the performance’s on the park and are doing nothing, if we continue under Hammell we are gone, with a lengthy spell in the Championship as we are nowhere near good enough to get out of it.

Last night....

SOD is NEVER a left back, he cant even kick the ball with his left foot.  The means everytime he kicks the ball he needs to right right side on to kick the thing which often means square or backwards.  (Managers fault)

Midfield three cannot run, tackle, control a game (Managers fault) 

3/4 farwards on the park and you could throw a blanket over them, no width or game plan (Managers fault)

Lack of numbers and strength at the back (Managers fault)

Shoehorning players straight into the team after not being at the club for more than 24 hours (Managers fault)

Yes the players need to get a grip as the lack of effort is shocking but 1 or 2 problems you can maybe get by with but we have 5,6, or 7 problems and will see us go down

5 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

The issue for me is the board, they can see the performance’s on the park and are doing nothing, if we continue under Hammell we are gone, with a lengthy spell in the Championship as we are nowhere near good enough to get out of it.

They backed him to bring in 7 players in January