Motherwell V St Johnstone 01/02/2023

Kmcalpin

2 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Great starting line, 'For what ive been told' from who????, Well here's from what I've been watching all season. KVV is miles ahead of anyone on the park with movement and ability, but he has little pace and needs a partner, which he has not had, but according to our bold manager, Mandron and him up top where his new way of playing. Bringing on Obika and isolating him just showed where the problem is, no support to the front, no person running past them. On Sod,s, why bring him in from the cold and throw him in at left back, when Mcginn has been playing there, totally threw him to the wolves. As I said on another thread, we were looking for a couple of big buggers to add some bite to the team, what did we get a couple of sand dancers. Blaney now injured, must be a defender lined up, but he will probably be a 7st weakling, sorry don't blame the players, the set up and formation is dire. 

I'm sorry but I am blaming the players,KVV??? Crankshaw laid one on a plate for him but he gave it up because he thought it was going out, remember he got sarcastically jeered and applauded off the park,the fans aren't stupid

Last night was just awful to sit and watch. It was made worse by getting soaked by the roof leaks from the new east stand roof that the club heavily invested in. Then avoiding the leaks at the concourse area to cap it all off. 

When will the club learn with their jobs for the boys appointments - manager, coaches, players and the alleged stadium and security manager.

It looks like pc plods lack of credentials and knowledge has meant we’ve wasted yet more money we don’t have on repairs and projects that have failed - our club unfortunately is in an absolute mess. Watch this space as he talks himself into a new role shortly ………..

10 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

I beg to differ, fans sarcasm just shows how bad Hammell has made the team and performance, a KVV getting support will score and make chances but to be isolated with no runners from midfield or any support, may as well recall Shields who would run aboot only faster. 100% on the management. 

So your blaming the management for the fact that KVV cannot control the ball,regardless of runners/support,he can't do the basics right I've said this last year before the shit hit the fan"he is a selfish player

5 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

So your blaming the management for the fact that KVV cannot control the ball,regardless of runners/support,he can't do the basics right I've said this last year before the shit hit the fan"he is a selfish player

KVV is split into two camps 

1 - Lazy, no effort, zero performance

2 - Main/top goal score, has ability, fed up of being a lone striker will little to poor support and service

Take your pick what camp you are in.

9 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

Spot on re KVV, selfish and lazy for me, yes he has scored a few goals and yes we would be a lot worse off without him, but he's been anonymous in games for months now, no tracking back, he won't put in that extra bit of effort to chase a ball, and generally gives the impression of someone that wants to be elsewhere.

Irrespective of what system if any SH is trying and failing to implement, the position we are in we need players to fight for every ball, give 110% etc to give us a chance and for me KVV is not interested.

1 minute ago, prideoflanarkshire said:

2 - Main/top goal score, has ability, fed up of being a lone striker will little to poor support and service

If you've read some of my previous posts I made a point of him being"unplayable"when he first joined,I don't know what's happened to that player,he's a senior member of our team and should be leading by example 

5 minutes ago, prideoflanarkshire said:

Camp 1 only exists due to the existence of Camp 2 imo. I don't blame him at all for wanting to be elsewhere right now. The guys confidence is rock bottom.

5 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Spot on re KVV, selfish and lazy for me, yes he has scored a few goals and yes we would be a lot worse off without him, but he's been anonymous in games for months now, no tracking back, he won't put in that extra bit of effort to chase a ball, and generally gives the impression of someone that wants to be elsewhere.

Irrespective of what system if any SH is trying and failing to implement, the position we are in we need players to fight for every ball, give 110% etc to give us a chance and for me KVV is not interested.

Agreed,should be able to put 11 guys out regardless of shape/formation to put in a shift,max deano and olly are a given for Saturday all other places up for grabs

21 minutes ago, prideoflanarkshire said:

KVV is one of our better senior players. However, he's completely regressed and this is perhaps due to his lack of service and being surrounded by total shite. That, however, shouldn't be an excuse for him to not put in the effort required to be top player in this league. I think his evident attitude problem prevents him from being willing to run through a brick wall for us when things aren't going right for him or the team. He's definitely a quality football player, though. 

KVV is playing at exactly the level he should be, which is more than can be said for most of his teammates. 

He'll control the ball half the time it's played up to him, and of those he'll make the wrong decision as to what to do with it half the time, and for one in ten he'll do something absolutely amazing. 

He's clearly frustrated and his attitude doesn't help him any, letting it get the better of him more often than not.

All that being said,  you can't argue that the service  and support he receives has been absolutely stinking.

He reminds me of the guy at fives who's stuck in the team full of donkeys and just shoots every time he gets the ball out of sheer frustration. 

49 minutes ago, prideoflanarkshire said:

Why do you need to pick a camp?

He is an infuriating player.

clearly has lots of ability and in the absence of a credible alternative we would have been mad to drop him.

However, he is also clearly a lazy, huffy manchild who only plays when he feels like it.

The chance created by Crankshaw last night is the perfect example.

Now, I realise, thats the reason he is with us instead of a bigger club, but how long do you put up with it?

We now have alternatives up front. Time to give him a seat on the bench to give hime time to reflect on how much he wants to be playing in the Championship next season.

Taken a while to process last night and not jump to any rash conclusions. The response to the result is entirely expected and mostly justified.

However, I backed Hammell yesterday off the back of the transfer window and it would be hypicritical of me to change now after only one game when not all of the players signed have been integrated into the team.

That said, I share many of the concerns others have highlighted.

I get the fact that a lot of the players were signed very late, so to expect them all to go straight into the team is unrealistic.

What I didnt expect was Hammy to drop Johnston and McKinstry who have been 2 of our most consistent performers over recent weeks. That seemed very strange, when leaving those positions alone would have allowed changes to be made in other areas more requiring of attention.

Blaney getting injured clearly didnt help the situation, but is typical of the type of luck we have been experiencing.

The 2 goals we lost last night are just 2 more in the long list of preventable goals we have given away this season and up front appeared disjointed at best.

Going forward Hammy needs to accept the fact that we are in a relegation battle and change the way we are playing. He needs to identify the players he can trust to put a shift in and not let the heads go down the minute things go against us. Some of the others need a spell on the bench to show that there are consequences for poor performances and time to reflect whether they really fancy a season in the championship (given some of them are on contracts beyond next season).

Time for some hard decisions and truths to be told.

• Like 1

Just now, Robbos boy said:

KVV can control the ball, as for the chance at the Cooper stand, watched it back numerous times, no way was he getting to the ball as it was to far in front of him. 

The point is Crankshaw anticipated what was happening and reacted to it. KvV didnt. Its the kind of thing Sheilds got pelter for all season. KvV should have been on the front foot waiting for the ball to come across to tap it in. Its his only job.

14 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Taken a while to process last night and not jump to any rash conclusions. The response to the result is entirely expected and mostly justified.

However, I backed Hammell yesterday off the back of the transfer window and it would be hypicritical of me to change now after only one game when not all of the players signed have been integrated into the team.

That said, I share many of the concerns others hace highlighted.

I get the fact that a lot of the players were signed very late, so to expect them all to go straight into the team is unrealistic.

What I didnt expect was Hammy to drop Johnston and McKinstry who have been 2 of our most consistent performers over recent weeks. That seemed very strange, when leaving those positions alone would have allowed changes to be made in other areas more requiring of attention.

Blaney getting injured clearly didnt help the situation, but is typical of the type of luck we have been experiencing.

The 2 goals we lost last night are just 2 more in the long list of preventable goals we have given away this season and up front appeared disjointed at best.

Going forward Hammy needs to accept the fact that we are in a relegation battle and change the way we are playing. He needs to identify the players he can trust to put a shift in and not let the heads go down the minute things go against us. Some of the others need a spell on the bench to show that there are consequences for poor performances and time to reflect whether they really fancy a season in the championship (given some of them are on contracts beyond next season).

Time for some hard decisions and truths to be told.

Like you I've been backing SH, albeit it's becoming harder every week to justify it. 

What I did like is he looked as annoyed as the rest of us after the game and was happy to call it out. 

He's been far too loyal to the likes of Lamie, Slattery, Goss , KVV.  Appreciate not always had many choices but there's time to simply drop them, even if they're better skilled than others. 

Time is to stop losing, forget the lofty ambition of free flowing football.  Get 11 men who'll get stuck in and work their backsides off - forget the 4-3-3 with 2 powderpuff midfielders. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

Rubbish, the whole defence stopped as well thinking it was going to the keeper, plus the pass was far to far forward of him, watched it over many times. 

How did Crankshaw get the ball then?

If KVV took the same gamble he scores.....

12 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Like you I've been backing SH, albeit it's becoming harder every week to justify it. 

What I did like is he looked as annoyed as the rest of us after the game and was happy to call it out. 

He's been far too loyal to the likes of Lamie, Slattery, Goss , KVV.  Appreciate not always had many choices but there's time to simply drop them, even if they're better skilled than others. 

Time is to stop losing, forget the lofty ambition of free flowing football.  Get 11 men who'll get stuck in and work their backsides off - forget the 4-3-3 with 2 powderpuff midfielders. 

This. All day long........

1 minute ago, Robbos boy said:

Watched the highlights, at 1st goal defence is pulled over to right side, meaning O,'Donnell has to tuck in, he does his job by not allowing Clark to turn, but because of no one tracking back Clark is given an easy out to pass to Wright. Who gets the blame, O' Donnell apparently, not the lazy midfield or the management who constantly state they work on shape and formation. The only shape I see under Hammell is a shit shape, no cohesion no ability no fight basically no chance from 1st whistle, his team selection and set up was baffling to say the least. As for the 2nd goal, Dean ( he's one of our own apparently) gets on wrong side og Halberg who then falls to the ground but gets up to score, whilst the bold Dean is standing still with his arm in the air, but don't worry son, the usual suspects will get the blame wether its their fault or not. 

The first goal is definitely on Goss. He has to see that Wright is unmarked and at least cut off the pass, if not actually marking the man.

The second is unfortunately on Dean. He gets the wrong side and never recovers.

34 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

The first goal is definitely on Goss. He has to see that Wright is unmarked and at least cut off the pass, if not actually marking the man.

Agreeable to an extent, others are to blame to...

First - Two Motherwell players dont stop the cross, McGinn even turns his back, Goss doesnt see the danger, no midfielder or forward tracks back.

Second - McGinn isnt strong enough in the tackle. Dean doesnt get goal side.

1 hour ago, wellsince75 said:

Agreed, but who does he replace them with? Hammell has surely seen the need for another central defender and a defensive midfielder. He ships out Barry Maguire and Sol (not saying they were the answer BTW) and doesn't bring in any replacements/reinforcements. It's largely a situation of his own making. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Agreed, but who does he replace them with? Hammell has surely seen the need for another central defender and a defensive midfielder. He ships out Barry Maguire and Sol (not saying they were the answer BTW) and doesn't bring in any replacements/reinforcements. It's largely a situation of his own making. 

There is the possibility he was told that he needed to move some out to get some in and trusted the board / CEO to make it happen. It may still yet. Regardless, its not all solely at Hammells door.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Goss and McGinn were also at fault for the St Mirren goal on Saturday. That's what happens when you put square pegs in round defensive holes (McGinn is never a LB or CH) and continue with pathetic midfielders who don't track or tackle or fight (Goss is a wimp). It's that simple. 

1 hour ago, Robbos boy said:

Watched the highlights, at 1st goal defence is pulled over to right side, meaning O,'Donnell has to tuck in, he does his job by not allowing Clark to turn, but because of no one tracking back Clark is given an easy out to pass to Wright. Who gets the blame, O' Donnell apparently, not the lazy midfield or the management who constantly state they work on shape and formation. The only shape I see under Hammell is a shit shape, no cohesion no ability no fight basically no chance from 1st whistle, his team selection and set up was baffling to say the least. As for the 2nd goal, Dean ( he's one of our own apparently) gets on wrong side og Halberg who then falls to the ground but gets up to score, whilst the bold Dean is standing still with his arm in the air, but don't worry son, the usual suspects will get the blame wether its their fault or not. 

What a shite comment on a particularly poor take.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

You give me your take on 2nd goal then, let's se you defend the indefendable. Tick Tock. 

indefendable? What’s that?

My take? It’ll trump yours at anyrate.

Think we had a shout for a foul, could also be the case McGinn should’ve been stronger in the challenge. He goes down we get the free kick, if not he has to take the opposition out.

Unfortunately Dean caught wrong side as he looks to move to next phase, he does get back to intercept and ball bobbles over his foot.

Hallberg doesn’t have to pick himself up or ‘get up to score’ as you put it. Another defending player is closer and Kelly unsurprisingly doesn’t cover himself in glory.

Dean then turns to referee to claim, natural reaction to many including McGinn in this instance.