Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

17 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

I think the opposite would happen. We're already seen as bit of a joke outside Scotland. The OF drive a lot of positive attention , hence they have so much of the Vito rights in what happens. 

European positions would reduce in numbers and our players wouldn't go to any grounds bigger than c10k. At least playing the OF gives real time experience of playing much bigger clubs. 

The Scottish game has been a slow dying death for decades. OF leaving would be a final nail , suspect many clubs would go into oblivion. 

That's my cheerful view of it all :)

The Old Firm leaving Scottish football wouldn’t benefit anyone except the Old Firm and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

If you think there’s a lot of glory hunters following them now then that would only increase if they were playing in the EPL or something like that. You’d start getting young Motherwell fans proudly declaring that Celtic are their ‘English’ team and wearing Celtic tops more than Motherwell tops.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 12:15 PM, Big Stall said:

Jesus. One defeat and now we are back to getting relegated & binning the manager? Wtf.....

You must know there was certain forum members just patiently waiting on us finally losing a game against a non-old firm team so they could begin their campaign against the new manager. That's how it works on here.

I fully expect the same response if and when he lose handily against Celtic. With chat of how "other teams can beat them" but we can't and so on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David said:

You must know there was certain forum members just patiently waiting on us finally losing a game against a non-old firm team so they could begin their campaign against the new manager. That's how it works on here.

I fully expect the same response if and when he lose handily against Celtic. With chat of how "other teams can beat them" but we can't and so on.

That's just silly talk. As I said last night there is no 'campaign' or anything against the manager. There have been criticisms and concerns voiced following a disappointing performance and result at the weekend there but no one has turned on Stuart Kettlewell, either on here or actually at the game on Saturday. 

And I don't think there will be any of the "how can other sides beat them" chat when we lose to Celtic this Saturday. As you yourself said on the other thread, Celtic are relentless and haven't dropped a single point at home for almost a year. Even Rangers haven't been able to fare any better at Parkhead this season, despite them being best placed to do so given their budget advantage over the other sides in the league.

On 4/19/2023 at 5:00 PM, MJC said:

Celtic are relentless and haven't dropped a single point at home for almost a year. Even Rangers haven't been able to fare any better at Parkhead this season, despite them being best placed to do so given their budget advantage over the other sides in the league.

This makes todays point even better. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No one can argue with the job he’s done in less than three months for us.

From relegation certainties in February to being on course for best of the rest in the bottom six with three games to go, that’s some going.

• Like 2

Defensively we are so much more solid.

A lot of that is down to Butcher & Casey, but the change of shape and organisation is all Kettlewells doing. Huge plaudits for that. 

Gonna be interesting/exciting to see how he rebuilds in the summer and if he is able to add some layers football wise on top of the solid defensive structure

He has been able to get the best out of the resources he had available to him.  I hope he doesn’t overthink things in the summer.  Maybe signings should be taken out of his hands and he just gets a tune out of what he is given.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MJC said:

No one can argue with the job he’s done in less than three months for us.

From relegation certainties in February to being on course for best of the rest in the bottom six with three games to go, that’s some going.

Certainties??

In a league with complete crap. Of course we were looking poor & we even managed what, 4 days at the bottom of the pile.... all season? Hardly certainties. But then, you have us relegated pretty much every season 😴😴

9 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

Certainties??

In a league with complete crap. Of course we were looking poor & we even managed what, 4 days at the bottom of the pile.... all season? Hardly certainties. But then, you have us relegated pretty much every season 😴😴

I wouldn't quite say "certainties for relegation", but we weren't far off being them at the end of Stevie Hammell's reign. I certainly would not have fancied us in the dogfight we're seeing right now. Had that run continued I'd have rated us as being certainties for the bottom two.  

8 hours ago, Big Stall said:

Certainties??

Yes the way we were playing and the way teams at the bottom fight like hell for points we were gone for sure just look at the run we have been on and we;ve secured saftey with only 3 games left.

The Kettle has saved us no doubt about it

It's not been rocket science to what Kettlewell has done would even go as far as if you look back on these forums folk on here where saying the exact same formation,playing KVV as a two.

What he did have to do was install that magic ingredient confidence as it sapped out them by previous manager.

These were not a group of players that had not gave up not one of them these where a group of players that needed proper management to guide them hence position we are in today.

I do think Kettlewell when he got the development coach job he   was brought in with the well if this go wrong we have someone that could step up if need be.It might not have been talked about but sure Burrows and co at the time had this in mind.

I like everything about the guy his pressers are good,think he will sell the club to players well.Good fit for all parties involved onwards and upwards!

Looking forward to new signings and new season!COYW.

• Like 1