Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

5 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Really hoped that Kettlewell would be able to get back to winning ways but looking very unlikely.

Wonder if Tony Mowbray would be interested.

Me too mate, but I think his time is up now. Trying that experimental formation in a winnable game, when we're struggling is unforgivable.

1 minute ago, mio said:

I quite like the idea of Mowbray but I doubt, recently sacked or not, that he’ll jump from £30k pw to £5k pw

Lennon leaves me with a bit of sick in my mouth but I do think he’d be a decent manager for us.

Why ? Lennon took an all conquering Celtic team to 2nd against a poor Rangers, losing the chance of 10 in a row with the biggest budget in the country. What about his past record with any club suggests he'd be a good manager anywhere ?

Football management is strange.  Kettlewell came in with a clear idea of how to play,  a new formation and used the players we had in the right positions to get results to give us a comfortable end to the season. 

Then we started well this year,  a tricky run of matches followed which you can forgive poor results, followed by form and tactics disappearing.

What changed? We've lost at least two very important players and brought in many more of lower quality but there's more to it than that. 

I don't really want to see another manager go,  and it's not that I love Kettlewell, it's just not sustainable to keep chopping and changing like this and hoping that's the solution.

I'd really like us to have a manager that wants to be here and stays for years,  but even two full seasons in charge seems unrealistic. The club is broken, Scottish football is broken and until so many other things change,  it's just going to be more dross and musical chairs for short-term gains.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, steeldrew said:

Football management is strange.  Kettlewell came in with a clear idea of how to play,  a new formation and used the players we had in the right positions to get results to give us a comfortable end to the season. 

Then we started well this year,  a tricky run of matches followed which you can forgive poor results, followed by form and tactics disappearing.

What changed? We've lost at least two very important players and brought in many more of lower quality but there's more to it than that. 

I don't really want to see another manager go,  and it's not that I love Kettlewell, it's just not sustainable to keep chopping and changing like this and hoping that's the solution.

I'd really like us to have a manager that wants to be here and stays for years,  but even two full seasons in charge seems unrealistic. The club is broken, Scottish football is broken and until so many other things change,  it's just going to be more dross and musical chairs for short-term gains.

What becomes of the broken hearted?

3 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Why ? Lennon took an all conquering Celtic team to 2nd against a poor Rangers, losing the chance of 10 in a row with the biggest budget in the country. What about his past record with any club suggests he'd be a good manager anywhere ?

Hibs fans rated him, he did a good job for them and they played decent stuff. They all wanted him back after Lee Johnson. Celtic fans never wanted him as manager at any time as they believe they are too big for someone like Lennon. 

It’s just my view, I know a lot of our fans would never except him and that’s fair enough.

3 minutes ago, steeldrew said:

The club is broken, Scottish football is broken and until so many other things change,  it's just going to be more dross and musical chairs for short-term gains.

It may be broken, but that farce tonight was on the manager. However, that doesn't mean that the club doesn't need a complete overhaul.

Been a big defender of Kettlewell, cane across as a decent guy and done great last season but signings abysmal and also let down by the players.

Probably his time in media helped him come across confidently but something has went wrong in last few months.

What angers me is that come Saturday when surely he won't be in dugout those impostors will raise their game 200%.  They done it after Hammell left so no doubt so the same