Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

8 minutes ago, weeyin said:

There's a lot of chat on here about a man that will still be in charge next June.

I hope that is the case pal but results in December will dictate that.  Can't see him surviving if the bad run continues. Hopefully not as I like the guy but his signings has been his downfall

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Very true, because Lennon is an obnoxious wee ginger prick who would start an argument in an empty house, a shite coach and generally just a complete arsehole. So why would we want to appoint someone like that 

You forgot to mention he said at the weekend it was ok to shout thru the minutes silence .

7 hours ago, MJC said:

While I’m not disputing anything you have said there, Neil Lennon does have a track record of starting well at clubs and injecting a spark/kicking them up the arse before it starts to fall apart further down the line when he gets disillusioned and results start going against him. His managerial career has seen basically that same pattern play out at every club he’s been in charge at. My worry there would be that he would get Ross County fired up enough just enough to avoid relegation this season, potentially at our expense.

In the name of the wee man the only one that needs a kick in the arse is you!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, stv said:

You forgot to mention he said at the weekend it was ok to shout thru the minutes silence .

Its perfectly legal, but whether or not its "ok" is an entirely different matter.

I doubt very much if the club or most of our fans would roll out the red carpet for Neil Lennon. I'm being euphemistic.

5 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Nah that's a bit harsh, Alexander might have had limited ability as a coach but I think he was a decent guy, Lennon is a champions league standard arsehole, GA is league 2😁

Alexander? Ah, the days when we could appoint a manager whose track record down south included winning promotion, reaching playoffs and so forth? A manager who oversaw the signing of players like Van Veen and Woolery? 

It won't be long before we look back at such appointments as "the glory days." A far cry from appointing someone whose track record as a sole senior manager is six months in charge of Ross County and a 29% win percentage before getting bumped.

If Alexander is "limited" what would we say our two coaches since him are? 

7 minutes ago, David said:

Alexander? Ah, the days when we could appoint a manager whose track record down south included winning promotion, reaching playoffs and so forth? A manager who oversaw the signing of players like Van Veen and Woolery? 

It won't be long before we look back at such appointments as "the glory days." A far cry from appointing someone whose track record as a sole senior manager is six months in charge of Ross County and a 29% win percentage before getting bumped.

Given his recent record, Alexander will be looking back at his glory days along with us. Kettlewell's managerial record has improved greatly in his time here, so maybe they should sack him while his Motherwell related stats are still the better of the two.

57 minutes ago, David said:

I'm not counting Hammell that was a nightmare I've convinced myself never happened. Any coach / manager we attract is limited as the decent coaches are all operating at a higher level than us, SK falls into the limited category as well its an easy job when the team is winning nobody asks questions so he will be judged how he handles the current situation and gets us winning and moving up the league or more losses and the threat of relegation. The January transfer window is massive assuming of course he is still in charge by then.

1 minute ago, stv said:

No thats respect for you ? Thats why we can post anything you like on here in Scottish no German. 

Those people choosing to shout during the silence are exercising their right to do so. Since that right was paid for by millions of lives, the least we can do is respect the concept of freedom of speech/expression, which means putting up with the ramblings of folk who can't show the tiniest bit of respect for 1 or 2 minutes a year.

4 hours ago, David said:

I will give Alexander credit for signing KVV but Woolery? Nahhh not for me, 1 good game v dun utd and scored at Ibrox.....that was his contribution but again just my opinion 

4 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

Those people choosing to shout during the silence are exercising their right to do so. Since that right was paid for by millions of lives, the least we can do is respect the concept of freedom of speech/expression, which means putting up with the ramblings of folk who can't show the tiniest bit of respect for 1 or 2 minutes a year.

It's a very fine line to tread. In my book, if someone wants to talk during a silence, whilst legal, is disrespectful but yes its their right to express their feelings. However if they start shouting then that is a very different matter. That's infringing on the rights of others. It's an attempt to force their views on others. That goes beyond freedom of speech. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

It's a very fine line to tread. In my book, if someone wants to talk during a silence, whilst legal, is disrespectful but yes its their right to express their feelings. However if they start shouting then that is a very different matter. That's infringing on the rights of others. It's an attempt to force their views on others. That goes beyond freedom of speech. 

What rights of others are you referring to?