Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

He has made mistakes and yes after Ross Co game I said he should go but by jeez the guy deserves credit. Yes I know it's only 2 wins in last  11 League games but only 2 defeats.  And that is a team that are fighting for him......just check Kelly celebration with lads for 4th goal .    I feel a lot more confident after tonight but we all know how quickly things can change but he deserves credit tonight 

Great night, great to watch. We destroyed County and it could have been by a far wider margin. Spittal gets MOTM for those goals but the pleasing thing for me was how well the team played. I didnt see any performers standing out miles better than anyone else - probably because they were all at it & really working well as a unit.

Onwards to Friday...... She wore.....

18 hours ago, wellfan said:

If he gets them playing like they did tonight against Morton and a few more times this season, he may even convert me into a fanboy. 

wellfans account has been hacked 😉

To be fair there's plenty of reasons in the past to question and doubt we'll have too many nights like last night but it was great to see.  

Really hope we can edge towards 6th and get away from the bottom, the manager and everyone can do with a bit of breathing space. 

59 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He's getting schooled by Dougie Imrie.

Barraclough and Hammell went for lower league cup defeats. Kettlewell should be following them. 

They didn't go for lower league cup defeats, as well you know.

2 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

They went after losing to Morton and Raith. Maybe someone will step up in the dressing room like wee Lionel and put us out our misery. 

League record, transfers, cup exits, style of play, youth development, game management, team selection are all dreadful. There's no reason to keep him on unless you think Stuart Kettlewell is bigger than the club. 

4 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

They went after lower league cup defeats came at the end of horrific runs of form for both of them. And Tuesday night apart our form under Kettlewell has been dismal.

There is no doubt that tonight’s defeat is both a disappointment and a timely reminder that we are not that great a side. The only positive is that we can now concentrate solely on the key job of remaining in the premier league.

Time to sack the manager? Derek Adams is available and only a phone call away.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MJC said:

They went after lower league cup defeats came at the end of horrific runs of form for both of them. And Tuesday night apart our form under Kettlewell has been dismal.

Our form over the last nine games in the league is better than 7 or 8 of the 12 teams in the league. Are you suggesting all their managers are clueless and need sacked too ?

1 minute ago, AllyMax said:

Our form over the last nine games in the league is better than 7 or 8 of the 12 teams in the league. Are you suggesting all their managers are clueless and need sacked too ?

Depends how you look at it. Personally I think the bigger picture is that we've won two league games in twenty and have now been knocked out of the Cup by a lower league side. I don't care about any other side or their managers, our form is dreadful.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MJC said:

I'm no sure a 5 nil win or 8th place counts as horrific. 

11 minutes ago, steelboy said:

They went after losing to Morton and Raith. Maybe someone will step up in the dressing room like wee Lionel and put us out our misery. 

League record, transfers, cup exits, style of play, youth development, game management, team selection are all dreadful. There's no reason to keep him on unless you think Stuart Kettlewell is bigger than the club. 

Ok doke. And his replacenent is?

8 minutes ago, MJC said:

Depends how you look at it. Personally I think the bigger picture is that we've won two league games in twenty and have now been knocked out of the Cup by a lower league side. I don't care about any other side or their managers, our form is dreadful.

Maybe you should look up how these 'leagues' work then. Put simply, you all play games against one another and a system of points is used to determine where you sit in the pecking order. If the performance of 'other sides' in this syetem is something you don't care about, I think you're missing the point. We're not Celtic or Rangers so the best you can ever hope for is to be better than some of these other teams that you don't care about. Some years you'll be better than most of them, some seasons you wont. We're currently sitting above four of them and a point behind another two. Thats the only statisitics that count in league football.

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

He's getting schooled by Dougie Imrie.

Barraclough and H?ammell went for lower league cup defeats. Kettlewell should be following them. 

he wont be sacked,  he will keep us then be releived of his duties, do you think they have there eye on somebody ? or do as normal and fucking wing it  ??

Kettlewell has to be replaced when contract ends no matter how the season ends. Every Well fan if asked could have said how an Imrie team would play. We sent out 15/16 players and not one of them looked as if they had been given any tactics except get the ball into their box by the shortest route. I hope someone on either MFC or WS boards is actively pursuing options. Sure Tuesday was an exception but I think RC and Adams was a huge influence there.

• Like 1

The next four games in February are against Aberdeen, Hearts, Celtic, and Livi. After tonight's tactical masterclass and the inevitable battering that has given to the confidence, I don't see us picking up points anytime soon. 

I'm completely done with this regime. It's as devastatingly shite as it is predictable.