Ross County v Motherwell 04/03/2023

SteelmaninOZ

3 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Defensively still a shambles and they really don't create many chances.... A dangerous combination.

Utd still look most likely to drop. 

Things can change after the split, of course, but of all the teams down the bottom they have the deer-in-headlights look. 

Also need to pin this for the "new manager bounce" chat. It doesn't happen as often as people think. 

41 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Dundee Utd are worth their point so far. I've always thought Utd won't go down and I still don't think they will

I think they could well go down personally, they look pretty shambolic in many games and by far the worst team in the league. I’m not convinced the size of the club is going to save them.

4 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I think they could well go down personally, they look pretty shambolic in many games and by far the worst team in the league. I’m not convinced the size of the club is going to save them.

They actually didn't play that badly tonight but oh my god their defending and they are limited up front.  I think their outfield play tends to make me think they are perhaps better than they are. I still think Kilmarnock are the worst of the bottom four, if Utd lose to Livi on Wednesday and don't beat us I think you could be right.

We are now 10 points ahead of them and have them at fir park, although they do have game in hand. That might not be a good thing for Utd! If we can go into the split 13 points ahead of them then it’s highly unlikely that they are going to win all 5 games. So at least we would avoid automatic relegation. Let’s hope we can also increase our 6 point gap over Killie and County before the split. 

11 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

They actually didn't play that badly tonight but oh my god their defending and they are limited up front.  

Better than they played against County last week, but needs to be put in context related to how rank Aberdeen's away form has been. 

59 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I still think Kilmarnock are the worst of the bottom four, if Utd lose to Livi on Wednesday and don't beat us I think you could be right.

My thoughts as well Kilmarnock are brutal, especially away from that shitey pitch of theirs, the 4 points we've dropped to them this season annoys me, especially the Fir park game. 

16 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Excellent win.

The projection is 1 more win for safety but let's aim for 40 points at least.

What makes you say that? I thought 37 points was generally considered the marker for safety based on the last decade or so.

Are you working on the basis that Killie, Utd and RC will take points off each other and that two of the three can't now reach 33 points?