2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

On 8/2/2023 at 10:32 PM, wellsince75 said:

It's questionable signing a striker who hasn't scored goals at the age of 23.  He's not a boy who's just starting out. He's played in the same league, irrespective of how poor a team is etc generally strikers know how to score goals. 

It's rare for us to bring in someone with such a poor tally - Ojamma is the only other I can think of in recent memory. 

As a few people have mentioned it raises an eyebrow. Of course we want him to do well and prove to be a success. To me seems a very odd signing.  

Appreciate no one should be bashing players on twitter etc but surprised at the amount of backlash raising an eyebrow has had on this forum.

Jordan white knows how to score,just didn't know how too when he played with us

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Theo?.  I thought his first name was Project?  Lol

The Bair Pitch Project. 

Edited by wellfan
I ruined my own shit joke. I meant to type ‘Bair’ not ‘Blair’.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, spudmfc said:

Jordan white knows how to score,just didn't know how too when he played with us

I think Jordan White was a bit unlucky with us as he had two perfectly good goals disallowed early on in his career with us and after it never really happened to him.

If he'd got off the mark early on it might have been a different story but it's difficult for strikers when the pressure starts to mount.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

Feels like the kind of game that would suit Efford, if he's match fit I'd stick him on for Bair in about 10 minutes and get him to carry the ball and run the channels.

In those conditions? Maybe if their pitch had been in better shape.

McCowan caused us all sorts of problems drivng down the wing in the same conditions. Efford is our best option for changing things and has some running power, but he is just back from another injury, so we're going to have to slowly bring him back into things again.

55 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

And Max's champions league chances not looking great

Aye Sturm Graz are going no further in the champions league after tonight PSV are a quality side, I hope Johnson gets some game time in the 2nd leg

• Like 1

I see one of our youth players Ali Gould joined Watford yesterday. He wasn't assigned a shirt number for this season and don't recall his name being mentioned in any of the retained or leaving list before hand. I'm sure he was once on the books at Rangers and Hamilton before arriving here so I'm guessing any cash we receive would be nominal.

1 hour ago, Coatsy said:

Went very quiet here is our transfer business done?

I know Kettlewell has exhausted the statement in interviews but Scott Burns mentioned the other day that he wants new additions but no more will be added until some players are moved on. 

37 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Why? What did he say? I haven't seen this week's press conference yet....

He said he can't trust him in the system, that he was inconsistent in the friendlies and that he only got on last weekend because there was no other options. 

A clear GTF with the added bonus of moving attention off his own signings. 

• Haha 1

He made similar comments about danzaki and the next thing he was gone so you would have to think that efford is one of the guys were hoping to move on with maguire and possibly mcginley the others.

• David locked this topic