2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

Happy to park my personal feelings about Halliday, mainly because they are based on perception of him as an individual from social media rather than any actual personal knowledge.

What is not in doubt is his experience and ability. Given where we are, he is exactly the kind of signing we need. Hopefully he can hit the ground running and bolster our beleaguered midfield.

With Davor looking decent and Miller coming back, it no longer looks as desperately thin as it was.

However, it would be nice to get the boy Fraser in as well......

12 hours ago, smiddy said:

ahh but only time will tell if heez still got the legs   remember heez played less than an hour in half a season

It’s not the most overwhelming signing I admit and he’s spent more time on Clyde SSB than on a football park this season but he’s here and he deserves his chance so he’ll get my support.

9 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Happy to park my personal feelings about Halliday, mainly because they are based on perception of him as an individual from social media rather than any actual personal knowledge.

What is not in doubt is his experience and ability. Given where we are, he is exactly the kind of signing we need. Hopefully he can hit the ground running and bolster our beleaguered midfield.

With Davor looking decent and Miller coming back, it no longer looks as desperately thin as it was.

However, it would be nice to get the boy Fraser in as well......

If we can get our midfield sorted with a few options we'll be a much stronger unit.  The boy Fraser I think would be a step up from what we have, fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, walking down the Fir Park said:

From what I’ve heard shaw is away, hopefully money spent wisely regarding a replacement

And here was me thinking Christmas was a few weeks ago. Another Kettlewell/Daws dud.

38 minutes ago, wellfan said:

And here was me thinking Christmas was a few weeks ago. Another Kettlewell/Daws dud.

I think that they can be forgiven for that because of the number of injured forwards that we had then and the lack of time and options at the end of the window.

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

He was a last minute panic buy due to the injuries to Obika, Wilkinson and Biereth. At that point the only fit striker we had was Bair. The fact that we might have moved him on at least shows the manager isnt as blind as some would have you believe. What you need and what you can get arent always the same thing.

19 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Welcome to the club Andy,  make sure you have a good 45 mins on debut or you will be written off as useless by some 🤣🤣

Is that copy and pasted from every signing we make. If not it should be.

• Thanks 1

It might not be the most exciting of signings but I'm actually quite pleased with the addition of Halliday, I think his experience and versatility will serve us well. While not as experienced Montgomery came on to a game with St Johnstone last season so hopefully he can recapture that form. 

Item tonight saying Livvy may be getting shot of Nouble. Out of contract at end of season, out of favour with Martin Dale and could be available now for a nominal fee. Apparently two English teams and one Scottish Premier team interested. Could it be us ?? If it is would you be happy for it to happen?? 

8 minutes ago, real dosser said:

Item tonight saying Livvy may be getting shot of Nouble. Out of contract at end of season, out of favour with Martin Dale and could be available now for a nominal fee. Apparently two English teams and one Scottish Premier team interested. Could it be us ?? If it is would you be happy for it to happen?? 

Livi have been playing him way out of position as a wing back according to their fans and he's not a happy bunny. Was being touted as a £1m signing not that long ago

He's always caused us problems when played up front and if we could get him for not a lot of money he could turn out to be a good addition.

29 minutes ago, real dosser said:

According to a livi fan on p&b we are the Scottish team that's in for nouble,no idea if that's true or not,also the guy we were after from charlton is off to hearts by the looks of it.

10 minutes ago, mfc said:

According to a livi fan on p&b we are the Scottish team that's in for nouble,no idea if that's true or not,also the guy we were after from charlton is off to hearts by the looks of it.

Yeah the Daily Rangers are reporting that it's us and Exeter that want to purchase Nouble for a small fee as well as Hearts gazumping us for Fraser. 

Nouble has been utter gash for a while, and anonymous the last few times they've played us. I like Anderson better, and he's shite as well.

Sounds like we weren't really in for Fraser and the agent was just using us to get a move for him.

58 minutes ago, pretzel said:

Yeah the Daily Rangers are reporting that it's us and Exeter that want to purchase Nouble for a small fee as well as Hearts gazumping us for Fraser. 

Fraser was always a long shot  but credit to his agent for stirring the pot. Nouble? I can't see us outbidding Exeter but who knows. He is being played out of position at Livingston but his form has dropped off a cliff. Something fishy there.

The reason Nouble was being played out of position the last 5 or 6 matches is because he played all the rest up top and didn't score a goal all season.

Nouble is obviously a skilled footballer but he rarely if ever scores.

Bruce Anderson on the other hand.  His confidence is a bit down right now, poor team creating few chances, not getting starts etc, but I think he is actually one of the better finishers in this league, at least outside the city clubs and I think it tells you something that he's still Livingston's top goal scorer this season by a distance with 6 goals.

Scott Fraser is going to Hearts. We are funding it by taking Halliday off their wage bill. 

And we are in for zero goals this season Joel Nouble? Kettlewell's defintely got a type......

It's pretty much a stick on that he'll sign a power of utter shite hamstringing us for the rest of this season AND next season then lose the next two games and get the bullet. 

33 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Scott Fraser is going to Hearts. We are funding it by taking Halliday off their wage bill. 

And we are in for zero goals this season Joel Nouble? Kettlewell's defintely got a type......

It's pretty much a stick on that he'll sign a power of utter shite hamstringing us for the rest of this season AND next season then lose the next two games and get the bullet. 

Where did you read we were in for Nouble?

Martin Dale withdrew him from the squad saying that clubs in England and Scotland were in talks with him. The rest is guesswork.

• David locked this topic