2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

Whoever we do bring in, its vital that they have a good injury free record.  The last thing we need right now is more permacrocks. That doesn't guarantee, of course, that they won't get injured in their first training session.

2 hours ago, David said:

If I told you we were going to bring in a striker this window who was 27 years old and had scored over 50 goals in our top flight, you'd think that was a signing we didn't want or need?

To be fair If we had a choice of players for starting strikers probably yes but as we are reliant on Bair a player of Brophy's experience would be welcomed, he's a step up in quality from the likes of Wilkinson, Obika and Shaw.

• Haha 1

4 goals in 19 for County and only 1 this season. It's not ideal but at this stage it could be a lot worse. I'd rather Brophy than the unknown 21 year old warming the bench at St Mirren.

We need at least 2 strikers though, and I honestly have the feeling we won't get one.

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

He's not worked out at Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Ross County. 

Over 100 appearances and 29 goals at Killie , 7 goals at St Mirren and 4 so far at RC, he's worked out a damm site better than some of the alleged strikers we've recently had and still have. But you stick to whatever agenda suits you, don't let facts get in the way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Over 100 appearances and 29 goals at Killie , 7 goals at St Mirren and 4 so far at RC, he's worked out a damm site better than some of the alleged strikers we've recently had and still have. But you stick to whatever agenda suits you, don't let facts get in the way.

He was that good for Kilmarnock that they sent him on loan to St Mirren.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He was that good for Kilmarnock that they sent him on loan to St Mirren.

Again you like to distort facts. He signed a pre transfer agreement with St Mirren so Killie opted to let him go on Loan rather than pay his wages to warm the Bench. His Manager said he would no longer be a first choice as he was leaving at season end. He had featured in most matches up to the January.

Probably what you will demand regards Spittal if his St Mirren rumour is true.

Is brophy not quite injury prone or am I making that up,he isn't somebody I would like to see us go for but we're almost at the point where anybody is going to be better than nobody.

8 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Probably what you will demand regards Spittal if his St Mirren rumour is true.

No for me it will be the same as Lamie. There's no reason to drop him just as long as we don't resign the cunt. 

Anyway I'm hearing that the bottom of the barrel is being scraped as we speak and Kettlewell has another gem on the way. 

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

No for me it will be the same as Lamie. There's no reason to drop him just as long as we don't resign the cunt. 

Anyway I'm hearing that the bottom of the barrel is being scraped as we speak and Kettlewell has another gem on the way. 

How about your distortion of facts? Conveniently ignored.

17 minutes ago, mfc said:

Is brophy not quite injury prone or am I making this up...

That's my understanding. It doesn't matter how good he is, he's no use to us sitting in the stands. Any signing is a risk of course, but we need to minimise that. 

• Like 1

We need someone in, we can’t just go with what we’ve got.

And the social media team aren’t doing themselves any favours today by posting pointless guff when they know fans are waiting job signing being announced. They’ve not gone “coffee and a chat with x, y or z” quite yet but they would be as well not posting anything until they’ve got something to announce.

3 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

But isn't he really really comparable (certainly in my mind) and in goals per game as ollie shaw?

I'm hearing they're currently working with the legal department to tie up KVV on a three year deal with 80% of his salary being bonus payments for goals scored. My source is, like yours, reliable. i.e. I made it up.....

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

But isn't he really really comparable (certainly in my mind) and in goals per game as ollie shaw?

All Brophy's goals for Killie were in the Premier. Every goal Shaw got for them was in the Championship, and he hadn't scored at all in over a year before coming here.

22 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

All Brophy's goals for Killie were in the Premier. Every goal Shaw got for them was in the Championship, and he hadn't scored at all in over a year before coming here.

Good info and shows the differentiation.

38 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Lucas Ross is a goal about every 5 minutes. Why don’t we try him?

Considering that even if we sign Brophy and A.N Other we'd have three fit strikers available. There's a good chance that youth will get a look in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

Good info and shows the differentiation.

Brophy's a couple of years older and obviously played more games, but he has 46 Premier goals as opposed to Shaw's 16. Definitely been more consistent over the years, although there's the usual question with a couple of spells out injured. Think one was a broken foot, which could obviously happen anytime to anybody we bring in, but more recently a thigh problem. That's the January sales for you, I suppose - if we're even after him....

St Johnstone are about to sign a striker from the Northern Premier League, delving way down the tiers in England for talent. 

I feel quite calm about it all as it's not unusual for us to get many bodies in on transfer deadline day. 

8 minutes ago, pretzel said:

St Johnstone are about to sign a striker from the Northern Premier League, delving way down the tiers in England for talent. 

I feel quite calm about it all as it's not unusual for us to get many bodies in on transfer deadline day. 

Eh? How many do they need? According to their offiicial site, they already have 8 (first team squad 27 players in total). 

As far as Brophy goes, does Derek Adams just want shot of him or will he rail at the player signing for a very close rival?

• David locked this topic