2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

4 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

West Ham sing "I'm forever blowing bubbles", we will be singing "Tinnnnnyyyyy Bubbbblllesssssss"

Make him feel at home with Syd's version of Little Arrows. Fired by the wee arra people.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

My brother who has a season ticket at Ibrox says he can play either side. Phrase used was 

"Played a few games there under Beale. Didn't look out of place"

Devine is a good player. I've seen him for Scotland u21s. Solid defender and can pass with both feet. 

The question is why we need him?

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Devine is a good player. I've seen him for Scotland u21s. Solid defender and can pass with both feet. 

The question is why we need him?

If he can use both feet it gives us left back option to cover Monty 

50 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

Half and Half I'd say this and salaries.  Although one year out in comparison - later this month we can compare like for like.

Turnover : 5.5 MILLION (St Mirren had same)

WAGES: 5.2 MILLION (St Mirren 3.8)

Other OPERATING EXPENSES: 2.1 MILLION (this is where the pitch comes into play - and savings here would have cut the million loss)

Bollocks how often do fans need to be told the ground renovations were paid for by a twenty year £3.5 million interest free loan from the Scottish Government

Van Veen had an outstanding six months where everything he hit went in, in a team that Kettlewell had set up with the tactic 'Play to suit Van Veen'. Looking at the rest of his career, I wouldn't (as it appears Killie have and St Mirren were willing to do) have been pushing the boat out for him...

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Kilmarnock have had over 27,000 more fans through their turnstiles this season than we have.

At 25 quid a head that's well over half a million pounds and more than enough to pay twice our wage cap.

Exactly too many of our fans are in denial. Both St Mirren and Killie have larger fan base than we have both have managed to increase them whereas ours remains static. Please none of this bollocks about fake crowds and Freebie's without the slightest shred of proof. This is a big problem for us our complete inability to get the home support above 3500/4000.

42 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The home stands are never 3/4 full when they play the Old Firm on TV or we went there in the Cup. It didn't look that full when we played them in the league either. 

They have multiple games a season where the away stand is practically empty and to make up for that the home stands would have to be rammed all the time considering the capacity is only 8000.

Yes they are open your eyes. When we go there we fill three quarters of the away stand. The only clubs that do are St Jane Livi.  So you must believe they are falsifying their crowds please tell us why and don't give us for tax shite.

52 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

There's a bit of discussion/speculation further down about what we pay players. As much as I rate big Kev we really can't afford to break the bank for him. Obviously he wants his current wages matching and we can't do it 

I'd rather we didn't break the bank for him. This is nothing but an example of an agent trying to create a bidding war. Let him go.

I'd rather we spent a bit of the budget on keeping Spittal.

4 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Exactly too many of our fans are in denial. Both St Mirren and Killie have larger fan base than we have both have managed to increase them whereas ours remains static. Please none of this bollocks about fake crowds and Freddie's without the slightest shred of proof. This is a big problem for us our complete inability to get the home support above 3500/4000.

As I’ve said before, maybe if so many of our ‘supporters’ weren’t as lazy, fairweather and only turned up when we get to Hampden or for European games then we might have been able to do a bit better than only being able to match half of what St.Mirren do. 

I genuinely didn’t think that that would leave us so far behind the likes of St.M & Killie in terms of wages etc but I suppose it all adds up. 

8 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Van Veen had an outstanding six months where everything he hit went in, in a team that Kettlewell had set up with the tactic 'Play to suit Van Veen'. Looking at the rest of his career, I wouldn't (as it appears Killie have and St Mirren were willing to do) have been pushing the boat out for him...

People do also forget he did go through a barren spell so there are no guarantees. However will be a certainty we will give him his first goal on Saturday 

Mcginn is a RCB in a three, and maybe a right back in a 4, but we're not going to a 4 any time soon. He could definitely function as a wing back, but we are obviously looking for more pace there.

SOD looks like he's moving into that RCB role as well, and he fared a lot better out there, so I can see why we want cover at wing back, especially when we expect them to be all action, so having options on the bench is very useful. Also, someone is totally going to get injured.

• Like 1

Just now, MJC said:

As I’ve said before, maybe if so many of our ‘supporters’ weren’t as lazy, fairweather and only turned up when we get to Hampden or for European games then we might have been able to do a bit better than only being able to match half of what St.Mirren do. 

I genuinely didn’t think that that would leave us so far behind the likes of St.M & Killie in terms of wages etc but I suppose it all adds up. 

My biggest gripe is St Mirren and Killie benefitting from better league positions and performances and it's reflected in their grounds. If they were having shite seasons they'd be down around our attendances. However if we were sitting 3rd our home crowds would be lucky to rise 500 a game.

Just now, MJC said:

The reason I've stayed away from Fir Park at times has nothing to do with being fairweather. It's genuinely been because I couldn't afford it. When I've had the cash to buy a season ticket I've always bought one. And when I can't go to a game I always offer my ticket out because I know what it's like not to be able to afford to go. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

People do also forget he did go through a barren spell so there are no guarantees. However will be a certainty we will give him his first goal on Saturday 

Oh, I haven't forgotten. Neither will Stevie Hammell as Van Veen basically downed tools for Hammell's last month in charge...

Most on here can't see the bigger picture with vale,stats show games played,goals scored and assists,...how many chances did he have before he got his goals,how many assists has he been involved in that his team mates couldn't convert,what's his pace like,what's his link up play like,what's his movement like in the box,unbelievable that a player can be sussed out after only starting 5 games for a very average league one side by what they read on a website

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wellgirl said:

The reason I've stayed away from Fir Park at times has nothing to do with being fairweather. It's genuinely been because I couldn't afford it. When I've had the cash to buy a season ticket I've always bought one. And when I can't go to a game I always offer my ticket out because I know what it's like not to be able to afford to go. 

Perfectly acceptable no one should be putting money into the club if they can't afford it , the problem is there will be Motherwell fans who can afford it but won't go. 

• David locked this topic