Heavy Hands, Empty Stands...

David

So, it seems there's going to be a protest of sorts from a section of the fan group at the start of the Rangers game. For those who aren't up to speed, this is the general gist of it...

335089874_661145262437628_8486206458732030776_n.jpg

336107770_230171872904572_5685915082566735004_n.jpg

It looks like this is set to rumble on a fair bit before a conclusion is reached.

12 minutes ago, David said:

So, it seems there's going to be a protest of sorts from a section of the fan group at the start of the Rangers game. For those who aren't up to speed, this is the general gist of it...

335089874_661145262437628_8486206458732030776_n.jpg

336107770_230171872904572_5685915082566735004_n.jpg

It looks like this is set to rumble on a fair bit before a conclusion is reached.

Good on them. Nanny State ism and  a likely jobsworth.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with them. The behaviour in Kilmarnock earlier in the season was appalling, CCTV footage was widely shared by Ayrshire and Lanarkshire police on social media of numerous fans smashing up a pub, heehaw to do with the club that certain individuals were subjected to dawn raids they were simply traced via that method.

They're having a go about being refused entry to the club but has there not been a few displays this season and plenty others in the past, one of which required pulleys over the support beams in the East Stand which was catered for.  As for the Rangers game banner tomorrow, the feedback seems to be that they were free to display one but they were refused access to Fir Park to put it together which is fair enough. As far as I'm aware the drum has been to every home game this season, even the young ones in the Cooper stand have one these days, funnily enough I'm sure it was mentioned previously that the guy that they constantly moan about collects the drum at away games to stop it from getting stolen (Ironically enough some of the wee tadgers stole one off of Raith fans).

Maybe I'm just getting too old but I throughly enjoyed the atmosphere that they created when McCall was manager but these days its transcended into smoke bombs (we have been chased for cash to repair pitches etc), those ticker tape rolls that they have launched on the pitch delaying the game, fans entering the pitch from that section has risen or generally trying to be wee Stone Island hard men. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How very ‘Green Brigade’. Maybe the Bois got some tips from that mob in return for them having a joint protest with them at Fir Park a few years ago?

Go to the football, support your team and don’t set off flares or jump on the park or square up to stewards and police and they might just find that they are left alone to get on with things. But hey…no pyro no party eh?

I for one won’t be ‘standing with them’.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Not getting in big debate about this, I would rather focus on match.  Have said before that my mates lads are part of that section and are great lads that bring great support......however there is definitely an element that cause bother and maybe the Bois should concentrate on them and getting them removed from that section.

Hope it all gets resolved and everyone can support club in the correct manner......COYW

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pretzel said:

I'm sorry but I don't agree with them. The behaviour in Kilmarnock earlier in the season was appalling, CCTV footage was widely shared by Ayrshire and Lanarkshire police on social media of numerous fans smashing up a pub, heehaw to do with the club that certain individuals were subjected to dawn raids they were simply traced via that method.

They're having a go about being refused entry to the club but has there not been a few displays this season and plenty others in the past, one of which required pulleys over the support beams in the East Stand which was catered for.  As for the Rangers game banner tomorrow, the feedback seems to be that they were free to display one but they were refused access to Fir Park to put it together which is fair enough. As far as I'm aware the drum has been to every home game this season, even the young ones in the Cooper stand have one these days, funnily enough I'm sure it was mentioned previously that the guy that they constantly moan about collects the drum at away games to stop it from getting stolen (Ironically enough some of the wee tadgers stole one off of Raith fans).

Maybe I'm just getting too old but I throughly enjoyed the atmosphere that they created when McCall was manager but these days its transcended into smoke bombs (we have been chased for cash to repair pitches etc), those ticker tape rolls that they have launched on the pitch delaying the game, fans entering the pitch from that section has risen or generally trying to be wee Stone Island hard men. 

Tapping into a subject you know little of isn’t a surprise.

Bigger picture to what happened in Kilmarnock, you don’t have to scratch the surface much to get that information.

As for ‘heehaw to do with the club’ Police Scotland made it known it was in co-operation with the club - that authority being economical with the truth? It’s known who offered the name of the fan subject to one such raid who wasn’t even in the country at the time alleged, certainly wasn’t Police Scotland who back tracked.

’wee Stone Island hard men’ is awful chat.

Unfortunately, club employee in question has the ear of factions in the Society & Club boards and the same factions are unlikely to rock the boat for self interest. Protest is a last straw, united support can be a strong movement especially if they prove the society to be a busted flush.

If well Bois not there at the start it's up to the other 3,500 well season ticket holders to create a great atmosphere which I am sure they will. We have had a great passionate support long before the well Bois were on the scene.  Let's all concentrate on ending this 20 years plus hoodoo .... COYW 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

If well Bois not there at the start it's up to the other 3,500 well season ticket holders to create a great atmosphere which I am sure they will. We have had a great passionate support long before the well Bois were on the scene.  Let's all concentrate on ending this 20 years plus hoodoo .... COYW 

Absolutely.

What happens on the park is surely the main concern for the vast majority of the Motherwell support. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Tapping into a subject you know little of isn’t a surprise.

Bigger picture to what happened in Kilmarnock, you don’t have to scratch the surface much to get that information.

As for ‘heehaw to do with the club’ Police Scotland made it known it was in co-operation with the club - that authority being economical with the truth? It’s known who offered the name of the fan subject to one such raid who wasn’t even in the country at the time alleged, certainly wasn’t Police Scotland who back tracked.

’wee Stone Island hard men’ is awful chat.

Unfortunately, club employee in question has the ear of factions in the Society & Club boards and the same factions are unlikely to rock the boat for self interest. Protest is a last straw, united support can be a strong movement especially if they prove the society to be a busted flush.

You would be surprised what I know on this issue but I'll leave that as vague as you do with your insider gossip. 

It kind of reminds me of that time where a supporter lamps Jim Leighton on the pitch then he gets huckled by the police then days later when he gets banned for life he's complaining in a paper that the club didn't support him. The situation in Kilmarnock was embarrassing while it's sad an innocent person might have had an unpleasant wakeup call no accountability was taken on that behaviour they immediately passed the buck when people started to get busted. 

It's not hard to just behave for 90 minutes at the game or en route to a stadium. Like I said previously I loved it in the past when they were all about the atmosphere. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong but have they not now had issues with the last few safety officers. In regards to banners etc the club has generally been accommodating to them much more so than other clubs are to there fans. 

Have they not a similar protest before where they strolled in late, plus I'm sure they done something against Aberdeen in the first VAR game where they threw that ticker tape stuff on the pitch. 

• Like 1

It was the St.Johnstone game at the start of the season that they threw stuff on the park at the start of the second half, supposedly in protest about mistreatment they had received at St.Mirren the week before or something, happy to be corrected if wrong on that one.

I’ve said this before on here, I don’t like the Well Bois. There are obviously some decent lads in their section but a lot of them seem to value their status as a group more than the club itself and their behaviour at certain away grounds is questionable, to say the least. Not to mention invading the park and throwing objects, the latter of which has happened on more than one occasion from that area of FP in games against Rangers, hopefully we don’t see that today. And then when they inevitably attract unwanted attention due to the above they cry about heavy handed policing. Again, very Green Brigade.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pretzel said:

You would be surprised what I know on this issue but I'll leave that as vague as you do with your insider gossip. 

It kind of reminds me of that time where a supporter lamps Jim Leighton on the pitch then he gets huckled by the police then days later when he gets banned for life he's complaining in a paper that the club didn't support him. The situation in Kilmarnock was embarrassing while it's sad an innocent person might have had an unpleasant wakeup call no accountability was taken on that behaviour they immediately passed the buck when people started to get busted. 

It's not hard to just behave for 90 minutes at the game or en route to a stadium. Like I said previously I loved it in the past when they were all about the atmosphere. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong but have they not now had issues with the last few safety officers. In regards to banners etc the club has generally been accommodating to them much more so than other clubs are to there fans. 

Have they not a similar protest before where they strolled in late, plus I'm sure they done something against Aberdeen in the first VAR game where they threw that ticker tape stuff on the pitch. 

Now you’ve got the insider gossip jibe off your chest, be as vague as you want. I still wouldn’t be surprised on what you know given your claims to be spurious at best.

I’m struggling to see where not standing idly by when innocent Motherwell fans were attacked as embarrassing. Not an endorsement for some behaviours, but, understand when they occur.

The attacking of an opposition player is poor analogy, where was it mentioned the club weren’t supporting this group? The actions of 2 club employees have angered a lot more than the group given the offers of information forthcoming.

Last few safety officers? I’m sure it’s only 2 they’ve had to deal with including the current incumbent adding his ex-colleague appointment. Wouldn’t expect there to be no problems given the shift in demographic and understandings as times move - there’s been censure when required and common ground found on many points. An appreciation. Some just don’t wish to recognise that.

It’s pretty telling that Society board/Club aren’t happy around social media output and not club employee behaviour. It’s evident from their train of thought they’ve lost control and don’t know what to do in the absence of brand management or CEO. Both parties have a buffer, not using it is on them.

Do the ego’s that know no bounds have carte blanche? Certainly feels like it. Certainly uneasy bedfellows given the Police Scotland links. Can you tell us how many of these wake up calls on information offered have lead to conviction?

27 minutes ago, MJC said:

It was the St.Johnstone game at the start of the season that they threw stuff on the park at the start of the second half, supposedly in protest about mistreatment they had received at St.Mirren the week before or something, happy to be corrected if wrong on that one.

I’ve said this before on here, I don’t like the Well Bois. There are obviously some decent lads in their section but a lot of them seem to value their status as a group more than the club itself and their behaviour at certain away grounds is questionable, to say the least. Not to mention invading the park and throwing objects, the latter of which has happened on more than one occasion from that area of FP in games against Rangers, hopefully we don’t see that today. And then when they inevitably attract unwanted attention due to the above they cry about heavy handed policing. Again, very Green Brigade.

Another nonsense statement from yourself.

You understand who the Well Bois are? It’s not difficult to grasp the demographic  on how the end section is made up, largely 3 factions. It’s disingenuous to brand all the same. Yet, you don’t ‘like’.

Never once have they sought ‘to value their status more than the club itself’. There are plenty within the fanbase who have reminded them of that and they’ve grown stronger due that actively encouraged by the club. It would be anarchy without. Again, some just don’t want to recognise that.

So when they as a group collectively decide to boycott the first fifteen minutes of a match at the ground of the club they support, or walk out as a group or disrupt matches by throwing stuff on to the park…is that them valuing their own status more or that of the club? 

As I said there are decent guys in that group and I believe their intentions are good towards the club, but the saying goes “you are judged by the company you keep”.

To me that group have became a bit of a ‘Green brigade wannabe’ bunch over the last few years with their petty grievances and behaviour.

• Like 6

There is a very fine line between actively supporting your club by enhancing the fan experience, the drums, banners, etc and becoming whinging annoying arseholes complaining about how bad they are treated, setting off flares and the like.

Nobody has any issues with the drums, the banners, the great support the team gets from those guys, and fair play to them for the effort they put into it, but as has been mentioned before, recently they seem determined to want to  brand themselves as some sort of "Motherwell Ultras" with the obvious comparison to those with the"we are always the victims agenda" why does anybody think that setting off and throwing flares in a crowd, both illegal and dangerous and then complaining about heavy hand tactics by the police and club officials to prevent them doing so is an acceptable position?

For me if you are determined to put that amount of effort into supporting your team do it in a positive way and forget all of the other shite, it will be a better experience for all fans and the club in general.

• Like 3

The support they give certainly adds to the atmosphere but things like the above statement and making themselves out to be victims whilst taking zero accountability for what they HAVE been involved in before/during and after matches over recent seasons doesnt make for great PR

Just support the team, don't get involved in fights, arranged or not, dont smuggle in flares etc that you know are illegal bla bla bla and neither Bob Park or the Police will take any negative involvement with you like the other 99% of the fans!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, MJC said:

So when they as a group collectively decide to boycott the first fifteen minutes of a match at the ground of the club they support, or walk out as a group or disrupt matches by throwing stuff on to the park…is that them valuing their own status more or that of the club? 

As I said there are decent guys in that group and I believe their intentions are good towards the club, but the saying goes “you are judged by the company you keep”.

To me that group have became a bit of a ‘Green brigade wannabe’ bunch over the last few years with their petty grievances and behaviour.

In your opinion? Maybe. I suspect most don’t agree both inside and outside. You don’t really get the jist of meaningful protest for starters.

Out of touch and a total lack of understanding.. Theres also a saying ‘for those who understand it needs no explanation, for those who do not, no explanation is possible’.

Fan culture has shifted immeasurably even since the inception of the group at the end of the East Stand. The generational gap between those in the East Stand, the naysayers and those in the boardroom is the real worry.

Do us a favour and leave out the “Green Brigade wannabe” references. It’s far removed from what’s been going on. I for one am glad political & religous belief is generally left outside the gates.

14 minutes ago, Mccus28 said:

The support they give certainly adds to the atmosphere but things like the above statement and making themselves out to be victims whilst taking zero accountability for what they HAVE been involved in before/during and after matches over recent seasons doesnt make for great PR

Just support the team, don't get involved in fights, arranged or not, dont smuggle in flares etc that you know are illegal bla bla bla and neither Bob Park or the Police will take any negative involvement with you like the other 99% of the fans!!!!!!!!!!!

Your first statement not entirely true, plenty of evidence that they’ve taken accountability.

Can say what we want about them but Burrows & Russell were always a sensible go-between. They understood the aims and objectives and were supportive.

The second statement is myth. There’s also been plenty of events when not involved as you say that attempts to exert an undue control and influence by the club employee. Fully expect that would be the case moving forward too.

5 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Your first statement not entirely true, plenty of evidence that they’ve taken accountability.

Can say what we want about them but Burrows & Russell were always a sensible go-between. They understood the aims and objectives and were supportive.

The second statement is myth. There’s also been plenty of events when not involved as you say that attempts to exert an undue control and influence by the club employee. Fully expect that would be the case moving forward too.

Thats your opinion, you're clearly all for them and defend them good and bad so fair do's.

Ive seen the best of the bois whilst fund raising etc and ive seen the worst whilst they involve themselves in stupid behaviour both in and out of the stadium.

I think most fans would rather they didnt get involved in the stupid stuff, granted its only a small section of the bunch but please dont try and defend it as ive seen it with my own eyes.

How you can call it a myth that if they dont deal in disororder then the club employees or police wont bother them is a strange slant but again, fair do's 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mccus28 said:

Thats your opinion, you're clearly all for them and defend them good and bad so fair do's.

Ive seen the best of the bois whilst fund raising etc and ive seen the worst whilst they involve themselves in stupid behaviour both in and out of the stadium.

I think most fans would rather they didnt get involved in the stupid stuff, granted its only a small section of the bunch but please dont try and defend it as ive seen it with my own eyes.

How you can call it a myth that if they dont deal in disororder then the club employees or police wont bother them is a strange slant but again, fair do's 🤷‍♂️

Again, unfounded claims. The ‘bois’ involve themselves in stupid behaviour both in and out the stadium is a misnomer - suggests you know little despite seeing it with your own eyes.

I explained the reason that it’s myth as it has happened when no disorder of any kind was evident. Hardly a strange slant.

Problem been further compounded today we hear with access granted to the away support for a display.

Club owners should be taking note.