Celtic v Motherwell 22/04/2023

SteelmaninOZ

I fucking hate Celtic and everything about them.

A horrible organisation followed by odious, sanctimonious hypocritical arseholes. 

A scourge on both Scottish football and Scottish society with the way they are able to bully, control and manipulate everyone else to ‘toe their line’. They are more of a cult than a football club.

It won’t happen but I would fucking love us to go there and get some sort of result on Saturday.

1 hour ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

How many Motherwell fans will be there to see a ‘Well victory? We can dream. COYW!!! 

18 - 0 to Celtic.

Anything less is a moral victory.

Seriously, though, with our goal difference being superior to our bottom-6 rivals, a good performance and a tight scoreline is key.

14 minutes ago, weeyin said:

18 - 0 to Celtic.

Anything less is a moral victory.

Seriously, though, with our goal difference being superior to our bottom-6 rivals, a good performance and a tight scoreline is key.

Now that we can't make top 6, and the usual suspects are in meltdown predicting relegation etc, this is the kind of game where we could surprise everyone  and get a positive result, it won't happen though its a nailed on home win, but as you say keep it tight and preserve the healthy Goal difference over the bottom 3.

52 minutes ago, MJC said:

A horrible organisation followed by odious, sanctimonious hypocritical arseholes. 

A scourge on both Scottish football and Scottish society with the way they are able to bully, control and manipulate everyone else to ‘toe their line’. They are more of a cult than a football club.

It won’t happen but I would fucking love us to go there and get some sort of result on Saturday.

Sure thats not The Rangers you are talking about? 😆

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Don't sit on the fence, tell us how you really feel?.

Imagine how boring it must be to actually support celtic in the SPL, Having so much more money than everyone else every single season and such a higher team standard it would be like going to watch Tyson Fury knock out amature under 18 year old boxers every week. A draw would be glorious but we havent won at Celtic in god only knows how long for a reason ☹️

35 minutes ago, Chanzeypopz said:

Imagine how boring it must be to actually support celtic in the SPL, Having so much more money than everyone else every single season and such a higher team standard it would be like going to watch Tyson Fury knock out amature under 18 year old boxers every week. A draw would be glorious but we havent won at Celtic in god only knows how long for a reason ☹️

It must be boring in Europe also , watching their team getting humped every time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MJC said:

And breathe, now sit down in a darkened room.

38 minutes ago, stv said:

And breathe, now sit down in a darkened room.

I usually manage to breathe fairly easily, it helps me function.

I know showing open dislike of Celtic is frowned upon by a lot of people, even those outwith the Celtic support nowadays, but that’s how I feel about them. They just have too much baggage, too much non football aspects to them and too much influence in not just football but society as well. 

As I said, they’re more of a cult than a football club. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MJC said:

I usually manage to breathe fairly easily, it helps me function.

I know showing open dislike of Celtic is frowned upon by a lot of people, even those outwith the Celtic support nowadays, but that’s how I feel about them. They just have too much baggage, too much non football aspects to them and too much influence in not just football but society as well. 

As I said, they’re more of a cult than a football club. 

To hate Celtic more than Rangers is quite a position to take.

I used to dislike them both equally. But 2012 changed that dramatically for.me.  Their utter inability to accept that their owner had been financially doping them for years and blaming everyone else and their granny for "punishing them" was sickening to endure. .

The blue cheek are way out on their own for me now.

Beating them in the play off finals was one of my favourite experiences as a well fan, closely followed by spanking them in the 2017 League Cup semi final.

• Like 2

I think I'm in the same boat these days. Maybe by not as much, but as well as what you mention, the fact that they manged to bypass the rules and stay in the League (when every other club in liquidation is ejected) is what annoyed me the most. The excuses and the complaints and the way they screwed over so many suppliers and vendors etc. along the way by claiming that was the old club's debt when it suited them were bad enough.

Still be happy to see them both leave our league though - and no B teams lingering like a bad smell.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

To hate Celtic more than Rangers is quite a position to take.

I used to dislike them both equally. But 2012 changed that dramatically for.me.  Their utter inability to accept that their owner had been financially doping them for years and blaming everyone else and their granny for "punishing them" was sickening to endure. .

The blue cheek are way out on their own for me now.

Beating them in the play off finals was one of my favourite experiences as a well fan, closely followed by spanking them in the 2017 League Cup semi final.

That’s your view, mine is different.

To me Celtic’s ‘worst’ is a lot worse and more insufferable than Rangers ‘worst’. 

Rangers fans at worst are delusional, backward looking halfwits with their views on certain aspects of football and life and their ridiculous ‘WATP’ mentality. They tie themselves in knots to pretend that they believe that their club didn’t fold after their dodgy dealings caught up with them, but in the main I can let them go over my head. 

Celtic on the other hand are alot more sinister and dangerous in the way they operate, both club and support.

• Like 1

Pish, took my son to his 1st Rangers game, the one O'Donnel scored and we lost 3-1, on the way out waking past their fans with my then 7 year old only for one of them to donkey punch his mate straight to the ground for discussing the game 'I told you to rap yer pish and not talk shite' 

They are both the same, your COS leanings towards protestant leaning teams is telling.

29 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Pish, took my son to his 1st Rangers game, the one O'Donnel scored and we lost 3-1, on the way out waking past their fans with my then 7 year old only for one of them to donkey punch his mate straight to the ground for discussing the game 'I told you to rap yer pish and not talk shite' 

They are both the same, your COS leanings towards protestant leaning teams is telling.

Again, that’s your view and based on your own experience and I respect that it is different from mine. 

And “my COS leaning towards Protestant leaning teams”. Like who? Rangers and…Hearts by any chance? 

I’ve no liking for Rangers, I just find Celtic to be a lot worse, in my experience.

And for the record, I’m Catholic, practising and all so your “COS leanings” and talk about supposed Protestant leaning teams is way off, to say the very least. 

As far as I’m concerned football and religion do not belong together and shouldn’t have any bearing on what club you follow. The same goes for politics.

• Like 1

Walk out of Celtic Park no hassle.

Walk out of Ibrox and face dog's abuse even when they win.  They would fight a Fish Supper given the opportunity.

Like the poster above I have kids, Rangers fans are a disgrace. Their worst is far worse - use their fists instead of having at worst green tinted spectacles.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

Walk out of Celtic Park no hassle.

Walk out of Ibrox and face dog's abuse even when they win.  They would fight a Fish Supper given the opportunity.

Like the poster above I have kids, Rangers fans are a disgrace. Their worst is far worse - use their fists instead of having at worst green tinted spectacles.

Games against Celtic at fir park have always had a much more intimidating and hostile atmosphere than games against Rangers imo. I’ve seen more incidents between both sets of fans in and around the ground at Celtic games than any other club. As well as the faux-victim mentality and contempt for anyone who doesn’t dance to their tune, the bile they regularly spout about Davie Cooper and how we are ‘Rangers without the bus fare’ they are just a horrible lot. They are obviously a lot worse when they lose but even when they win they are obnoxious arseholes.

The only time I’ve ever felt anything like that at a game against Rangers was the playoff 2nd leg. Their support tend to have a kind of self inflated aloofness and keep to themselves on the whole, but they have never given me any hassle so they don’t bother me as much as Celtic do.

• Like 1