Celtic v Motherwell 22/04/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Havent really seen enough of both sides to decide which one i dislike more but for me im just fed up and bored of Celtic winning everything by default every single season. Their fans are so delusional also, I think some of them genuinely believe they would be in the top 6-4 of the EPL 🤭

I hate both clubs with a passion

Celtic because of their constant conspiracies, whinging about referees and the fact everyone else in Scottish football is a h*n without bus fare 

Rangers for their we are the people mentality , constantly going on about 55 league titles and the fact they like to gloat about their glorious club as there is not a team like them . They can’t admit to the fact that 2012 actually happened

I could go on and on

I would love to see them both in the English premier hopefully losing to the likes of Brighton and Brentford 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

I would love to see them both in the English premier hopefully losing to the likes of Brighton and Brentford 

I'd prefer it if they have to start at National League level and try to work their way up the pyramid.

On 4/17/2023 at 7:15 PM, well_said said:

They only ever quote that when it suits their agenda.

To be fair, it's the media that usually promote that agenda, not the club themselves. But it is a valid point.

Back to the football, and despite hatred for one side or the other, what can't be denied is that Postecoglou has them on top of their game. They're absolutely relentless, and against sides with lesser quality they rarely slip up, so I'd grudgingly take a low scoring defeat at worst, and a draw at best. 

Met a few decent folk on both sides of the Glasgow derby. However I still have a distaste for both clubs historically with their patter from sects of their support. No time for either club. Someone said they think celtics like a cult which I found funny as it’s my rangers supporting mates who have tried to convert me over and over and we’ve had arguments about it.  All hyperbole and who you meet I suppose. 

i think we maybe get a draw here. 1-1 Van Veen scores to give him a chance of hitting 30 in the split.

On 4/18/2023 at 2:03 AM, Chanzeypopz said:

Imagine how boring it must be to actually support celtic in the SPL, Having so much more money than everyone else every single season and such a higher team standard it would be like going to watch Tyson Fury knock out amature under 18 year old boxers every week. A draw would be glorious but we havent won at Celtic in god only knows how long for a reason ☹️

Punch drunk?:blackeye:

Looking back after all these years, the two jaw-dropping goals are Dougie's header and, of course, Colin's Exocet. I was just about to say to my pal beside me, "He's not going to hit it from there , is he?" when the ball arrowed  high into the net: a stunning goal in any era.

Loved the way Kirkie almost forced the Celtic players to  shake at the end. McStay's face is a picture 😱.

2 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

Favourite ever 'Well win in Glasgow against Celtic. The class of '91.  

That was a classic win

One of my favourites along with Jamie Dolan in goals , McDonald’s goals , McFadden and Fagan in the 2-1 victory . Also the Scottish cup game when Tommy Coyne scored

Although those games were all at FP we used to give them a good game a lot back then 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

That was a classic win

One of my favourites along with Jamie Dolan in goals , McDonald’s goals , McFadden and Fagan in the 2-1 victory . Also the Scottish cup game when Tommy Coyne scored

Although those games were all at FP we used to give them a good game a lot back then 

For me the best result against them ever was skippy Sunday, they thought the league was won and they fecked it up, the sight of thousands of green and white clad greetin faces all over Fir Park will never be forgotten a classic GIRUY moment.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

For me the best result against them ever was skippy Sunday, they thought the league was won and they fecked it up, the sight of thousands of green and white clad greetin faces all over Fir Park will never be forgotten a classic GIRUY moment.

One of my all time favourites that day. The way it happened just couldn’t have been better, couldn’t have been any sweeter and couldn’t have been anymore gut-wrenching for them. Even almost twenty years later they still haven’t got over that day and they never will and that is brilliant.

Along with sickening their arrogant, self righteous hoardes in every stand at Fir Park that day and the ones crammed into pubs or in front of their TVs, that Celtic team was full of horrible, dislikable characters like Chris Sutton, Neil Lennon, Jackie McNamara and Alan Thompson and managed by that slimy, poisonous shit stirrer Martin O’Neill. So to ram it right up all of them in the manner we did was absolutely fucking delightful.

And let me be clear on this, it wouldn’t have been anywhere near as enjoyable and satisfying, for me at least, had it been Rangers that we had beaten to deny them the title. I’ll always be grateful to Rangers for winning their game that day otherwise Celtic would still have won the league at our ground. 

I remember a cup win in about 1975, I'd have to go searching for an exact date. We were 0 - 2 down at half time and won 3 - 2, Pettigrew scored twice, can't remember who scored the other, Vic Davidson possibly. That was a great day, greater team.

Skippy Sunday could have been better if he had squared the ball to Gerry Britton, I would have loved to have seen the look on his face if he had a tap in against his beloved Celtic. (I suspect it would have hit the corner flag though)

23 minutes ago, grumpy said:

I remember a cup win in about 1975, I'd have to go searching for an exact date. We were 0 - 2 down at half time and won 3 - 2, Pettigrew scored twice, can't remember who scored the other, Vic Davidson possibly. That was a great day, greater team.

Skippy Sunday could have been better if he had squared the ball to Gerry Britton, I would have loved to have seen the look on his face if he had a tap in against his beloved Celtic. (I suspect it would have hit the corner flag though)

I'm sure I read an interview with britton where he said he was praying that skippy didn't square the ball to him as he would have had to miss if it came to him,you see him when the goal goes in and he's trudging back to the half way line with his head down while everyone else is celebrating.

15 hours ago, MJC said:

One of my all time favourites that day. The way it happened just couldn’t have been better, couldn’t have been any sweeter and couldn’t have been anymore gut-wrenching for them. Even almost twenty years later they still haven’t got over that day and they never will and that is brilliant.

Along with sickening their arrogant, self righteous hoardes in every stand at Fir Park that day and the ones crammed into pubs or in front of their TVs, that Celtic team was full of horrible, dislikable characters like Chris Sutton, Neil Lennon, Jackie McNamara and Alan Thompson and managed by that slimy, poisonous shit stirrer Martin O’Neill. So to ram it right up all of them in the manner we did was absolutely fucking delightful.

And let me be clear on this, it wouldn’t have been anywhere near as enjoyable and satisfying, for me at least, had it been Rangers that we had beaten to deny them the title. I’ll always be grateful to Rangers for winning their game that day otherwise Celtic would still have won the league at our ground. 

Some proper "Rangers fan without the bus fare" patter right there. 

Skippy Sunday was a glorious day . That Celtic team with O’Neill was without a doubt the one I have disliked the most down the years 

Always did think it would have been funny to do the same thing to Rangers as well, then the play offs happened which was even better in my opinion .  A 6-1 drubbing over two legs when everyone was confident they would take their rightful place back up at our expense

One of my favourite wins over Celtic in Glasgow as well was the 1-0 when Kevin Twaddle scored and we played most of the game with 10 men . Sure Ian Wright was signed the same day and was going to be the saviour 

• Like 1

I also dislike Celtic more than I dislike Rangers. Getting beat 3 times in a week by them a few years ago did it for me. Between Sinclair diving, Brendan Rodgers and his mind numbing "there was contact" pish, and their fans being just fucking insufferable throughout it all, my dislike for them slightly edges the other arsecheek as a result. Whilst still very much disliking Rangers, I would much much rather see them win the league than Celtic.

It's painful to watch but look at the absolute fucking state of this. Still makes my blood boil. 2.15 seconds.

And I'm an athiest if that matters.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

I also dislike Celtic more than I dislike Rangers. Getting beat 3 times in a week by them a few years ago did it for me. Between Sinclair diving, Brendan Rodgers and his mind numbing "there was contact" pish, and their fans being just fucking insufferable throughout it all, my dislike for them slightly edges the other arsecheek as a result. Whilst still very much disliking Rangers, I would much much rather see them win the league than Celtic.

It's painful to watch but look at the absolute fucking state of this. Still makes my blood boil. 2.15 seconds.

And I'm an athiest if that matters.

Thompson was a feking wank of a man, he had an agenda against us, that said its Celtic even today VAR would check that and agree with the ref.