Celtic v Motherwell 22/04/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Just now, grizzlyg said:

We are Well fans so having fear is natural...but........are we all assuming we will lose all 5 games after the split??.  I reckon 1 win out of those 5 or a win and a draw and we will be absolutely fine ....keep calm

We should be fine. But until we are then it is absolute nonsense to say that we are safe.

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

We are Well fans so having fear is natural...but........are we all assuming we will lose all 5 games after the split??.  I reckon 1 win out of those 5 or a win and a draw and we will be absolutely fine ....keep calm

I agree we should stay safe but don’t think we can’t afford adopt the attitude that we are already safe. I agree with MJC on that one. Having said that, I’m pretty sure everyone expecting zero points today for us but other results putting a little bit more pressure on us the finish off the job and achieve safety 

3 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Midfield need to do more . As soon as any of them get the ball the first instinct is simply boot it up the park .

Paton , slattery , goss and spittall all need to do better 

defence have all played well

You can see Spittall trying but this is never a game for Goss who is ponderous and far too weak in the tackle or a not match sharp Slattery. It's a tough shift against them for any midfield but if you're going to compete at all you need engines in there.

29 minutes ago, MJC said:

Right, so it’s still mathematically possible for us to finish 11th then? 

Therefore we are not safe yet.

FFS give us peace with the "we can still get relegated " negative doom and gloom patter, it getting boring and tiresome now, try moaning about something else and give us some variety.

• Like 1

Just now, Spiderpig said:

FFS give us peace with the "we can still get relegated " negative doom and gloom patter, it getting boring and tiresome now, try moaning about something else and give us some variety.

If and when we are officially, 100%, signed sealed and delivered safe then I’ll give everyone peace with it.

Until then I’ll remain concerned about it.

10 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Others have stated we are safe though 

Indeed and it is absolutely delusional to suggest that just now.

People need to get wise to this. We are not safe until we are safe and cannot finish 11th or even 12th.

Spray paint the words “We are not safe yet” on the ceiling of your bedrooms and shout those words out every single night until the point where we can say with absolute certainty that we cannot be relegated this season if you have to, but at this moment in time we are NOT safe.

Our commentator last week was fucking insufferable in terms of blaming the Dundee Utd keeper for slowing the game down, now he's lauding Kelly at every opportunity for the same.

The guy is as bad as the Old Firm with his moaning and gurning about the refs and his paranoia and double standards.