Celtic v Motherwell 22/04/2023

SteelmaninOZ

6 minutes ago, Chanzeypopz said:

Sorry everyone was in Ayr this weekend and had no internet, Was absolutely buzzing when i saw the score and still am! Really hope we can somehow hold onto VV for another season, Massive result today 🙏❤️💛 First time Celtic have dropped points at home in over a year 💪

That you just been released?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, smiddy said:

i can just mind missing it at the game  but pissin ma self at sportscene when the camera pans to oneil whos got that " whit the fuck yi oan about "look on his face HAHAHA feckin brilliant 

Celtic were filth in that game.

Wdowczyk straight red for a wild lunge as well IIRC.

11 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

"Bobby Russell, a man who seems to take great delight in scoring against Celtic..."

Underrated player with us for some reason, but one of McLean's signings that started the transition from parking the bus to winning the cup.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mio Krivokapic said:

I think Chanzey is a lady - which would make it even more daring & would certainly mean the statement "Just popping out in the mankini" could have more than more meaning

Someone obviously missed the selfie i uploaded last week that sadly had to be taken down 🤭

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

"Bobby Russell, a man who seems to take great delight in scoring against Celtic..."

@bobbybingo what a tremendous share.   Few observations. 

1) 18k crowd at Fir Park. 
2) Challenges-  VAR would melt down trying to keep pace.  
3) Mclean - what an awesome response to Billy McNeil at Half team (same can be said for Kirky) 
4) Bobby Russel - together with Cooper are amongst the most cultured players I've ever seen at FP. 

That squad of players really were a cut above. 

Maybe it’s just nostalgia as that’s the era I grew up in and starting following Motherwell in but the 1990s really were the best time football wise. The Cup win, 3rd, 2nd and playing Dortmund in Europe aside, the teams we had during that decade were great and had some terrific players. 

18 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

Enjoyed that .... Proper football, when you were allowed to tackle

Think we definitely won our personal 'battles' on the pitch that day

Bobby Russell classy player, very underrated I always thought

That elbow by O'Neill 😲   

45 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

@bobbybingo what a tremendous share.   Few observations. 

1) 18k crowd at Fir Park. 
2) Challenges-  VAR would melt down trying to keep pace.  
3) Mclean - what an awesome response to Billy McNeil at Half team (same can be said for Kirky) 
4) Bobby Russel - together with Cooper are amongst the most cultured players I've ever seen at FP. 

That squad of players really were a cut above. 

Yes, neither Stevie nor Wee Tommy would take any crapola from "Caesar".

Here's a match in a similar vein:

Some shocking tackles from Celtic, with Tommy Boyd to the fore.........

5 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

Yes, neither Stevie nor Wee Tommy would take any crapola from "Caesar".

Here's a match in a similar vein:

Some shocking tackles from Celtic, with Tommy Boyd to the fore.........

Tom Boyd is still to this day the last Celtic player to be red carded at Fir Park. In another 2-0 win for us on the 3rd April 1993. Over 30 years ago!

14 minutes ago, Mio Krivokapic said:

Enjoyed that .... Proper football, when you were allowed to tackle

Think we definitely won our personal 'battles' on the pitch that day

Bobby Russell classy player, very underrated I always thought

That elbow by O'Neill 😲   

Some of the usual suspects on here would drench their scants nowadays if we beat Celtic with a team led by ex-Ranger Tommy McLean and containing Bobby Russell and Davie Cooper. Then you throw in Rangers supporting Ulsterman Colin O’Neill whacking a Celtic player in the chops and getting away with it at the time.

If “Terry Butchers celebrations on Skippy Sunday are something I’d rather not see again” to paraphrase a quote from a poster on here a couple of months ago are anything to go by then beating Celtic with an ex Rangers manager, two ex Rangers players running the show and one being described as “loves scoring against Celtic” and a Rangers fan from NI  elbowing one of their players in the face…god knows how they would cope. 😆

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

wee oneils look when the camera catches him  hahahahahaha feckin priceless   oh n what about some of them tackles ??? ffs the VAR man would shite himself,     might just be me but "that was real fitba" nae tippy feckin tappy  give it out n take it back  

3 hours ago, MJC said:

Some of the usual suspects on here would drench their scants nowadays if we beat Celtic with a team led by ex-Ranger Tommy McLean and containing Bobby Russell and Davie Cooper. Then you throw in Rangers supporting Ulsterman Colin O’Neill whacking a Celtic player in the chops and getting away with it at the time.

If “Terry Butchers celebrations on Skippy Sunday are something I’d rather not see again” to paraphrase a quote from a poster on here a couple of months ago are anything to go by then beating Celtic with an ex Rangers manager, two ex Rangers players running the show and one being described as “loves scoring against Celtic” and a Rangers fan from NI  elbowing one of their players in the face…god knows how they would cope. 😆

Are you sure your not a Rangers fan MJC?

I think the 'rather not see that again' quote might have been me. Sorry if it offended you. You have certainly been holding onto it for some time. I think that quote was months ago.

Just to clear things up on that. I loved Bobby Russell as a player. I loved Colin O Neill as a player. His goal in the 4-2 Scottish Cup semi final gave me my single most enjoyable moment as a football fan on what was for me the greatest night of being a Motherwell fan in my life. 

I loved wee Tommy McLean. His management coincided with my most enjoyable days going to the football. I get nothing but pleasure from watching the videos above. They bring back many happy memories.

Davie Cooper was a gift from the heavens to Motherwell at the time and I consider it an absolute privilege to have watched one of the most gifted players in Scotland history wear claret and amber. 

When I think of all these players  I think of players who were playing for the Motherwell jersey. They were celebrating goals as Motherwell players. Tommy McLean sides were beating Celtic and Rangers for the Motherwell jersey.

My favourite ever Motherwell player happened to be Tommy Coyne, an ex Celtic man. I remember him having to take the abuse of Rangers fans about the tragic death of his wife when we played Rangers are Firpark and Coyne was visibly shaken. I think from memory Tommy McLean had to substitute him. It is those kinds of moments that strengthen s my belief that Rangers are not better than Celtic despite your claims otherwise. 

On Skippy Sunday I felt that Terry Butcher was celebrating more than just a Motherwell win. It is a personal opinion of mine that has obviously caused you some offense but it does remain something that I would not care to see again. 

I enjoyed Motherwell's draw on Saturday as much as I enjoyed Skippy Sunday. The impact that the Skippy Sunday result had on either Celtic or Rangers meant nothing to me.

As one last aside, if Celtic or Rangers were playing a European final I would and have supported both of them. Any bitterness I have for the OF does not extend beyond my wish to see Motherwell thump them both every time we play them. Sadly these days the pickings are lean. It's what makes Saturday's result something to celebrate and the videos above something to cherish forever.

• Like 4