Motherwell v Kilmarnock 06/05/2023

SteelmaninOZ

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Not quite sure what was going on at the end. He seemed very emotional for some reason and certainly appeared to be taking a moment to himself.

It was his 25th goal of the season and it also bettered his previous season best, 24, for JVC in the Dutch 4th tier.

I think it was just down to that unless anyone knows anything else.

6 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

He’s slower than a week in the jail . Gets caught every week , arriving late to the challenge .

Massively underrated player in my view and for some reason a player some folk want to slag off, he is not slower than a week in jail, he set up the goal Van Veen scored against Celtic. Folk need to get off his case

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

We are well safe, MJC just giving his own view which yip a tad half empty but we are all well fans and one big happy family tonight....COYW

A big happy family? Guess you've never had a photo of you that you had on your avatar altered and re posted on the boards for the guys on here to see how ugly you are or had someone on the boards laugh when your pet went missing saying it's in a Chinese takeaway. For clarification said pet died, she was poisoned before we got her back and the person who laughed is still on here.

There are reasons why several women dont post on here anymore. 

25 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Massively underrated player in my view and for some reason a player some folk want to slag off, he is not slower than a week in jail, he set up the goal Van Veen scored against Celtic. Folk need to get off his case

Off the ball he's a complete liability.  Players go past him like he wasn't there.

He's scored some decent goals for us but today was only his 2nd assist of the season and overall he wouldn't be in my first eleven.

2 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Thought we were worthy winners today and thoroughly deserved the 3 points.

Killie never really looked like scoring from open play and we defended pretty well for the most part. Their best chances came from set plays.

Fair summing up. A big game for us and we came good when it mattered. We deservedly won and 2-0 was the right scoreline. We had the better chances and Kelly was hardly troubled at all. Killie were fired up, as expected, and outbattled us in midfield but that was it. They created virtually nothing. I got a bit nervous at 1-0 when we seemed content to sit back and let them have the ball but who am I to argue against our gameplan when we won 2-0. Only  real point of concern for me was that Furlong was left a bit exposed late on. 

King Kev was my MOTM and he showed some sublime touches. His second goal was wordly - amazing ball control and finish. He wasn't in any way intimidated by man mountain, Sam Walker in goal - I know I would have been.  What a size of a keeper! 

I was disappoined by Killie's tactics - a very streetwise team. From start to finish they went down at the slightest hint of a touch and conned a weak Kevin Clancy repeatedly. The ref was totally inconsistent and carded Slattery for almost nothing. He was totally disinterested when Goss was poleaxed. Any ref will make mistakes but he was overly fussy. I don't know what the VAR 7 minute delay was all about - possible red card? Offside? A combination of both? VAR operators need to keep the fans informed. 

Finally a well deserved compliment to our club.  They treated the visiting Killie fans with total respect by opening up the both tiers of the away stand when many clubs would simply have refused to do so.  Thats a real bugbear of mine at stadia like Livingston where our fans are crammed into 2 or 3 sections with hardly a spare seat, when neighbouring vacant sections are cordoned off.

All in all a great day at the office for what was a tricky game. The Kettle is still boiling.

52 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

A big happy family? Guess you've never had a photo of you that you had on your avatar altered and re posted on the boards for the guys on here to see how ugly you are or had someone on the boards laugh when your pet went missing saying it's in a Chinese takeaway. For clarification said pet died, she was poisoned before we got her back and the person who laughed is still on here.

WOW, where did that come from?

You do know that the vast majority of posters on here, including me, will know nothing about this. Sad and unacceptable, if true.

1 hour ago, wellgirl said:

Eh? Absolutely no idea what you are on about

13 hours ago, wellfan said:

The application of VAR in Scotland is often a shambles. It should be simple. It’s either a foul or not or offside or not. It should not take 5 mins for a so-called professional referee to check and confirm via multiple video angles, but it often does. The officials were a disgrace today and that ruined the game. 

Application of VAR around Europe you mean.  Anyone who thinks our use of VAR is any worse than either the big 5 leagues or any of the others in Europe that have adopted it hasn't been paying attention to the roll out of VAR.  

8 hours ago, wellgirl said:

There's always a minority of arseholes everywhere you go. Ideally, those with the power to do something about should be able to stop such awful behaviour. Don't let it put you off contributing.

9 hours ago, wellgirl said:

No question Slattery has talent.

I stand my comments of being slow. He's the most booked player in the league for a reason, generally it's down to him being late for the challenge, which leads to persistent following. This is why he he get's booked so regularly. 

All our players have strengths and weaknesses. A sharper, fitter Slattery would be a great player and prob one out with our budget. 

10 hours ago, wellgirl said:

Certainly all unacceptable and down to the mods to deal with.

10 hours ago, wellgirl said:

I am sorry to hear you have had those experiences but I am still confused why it was in reply to my post which was absolutely innocent. I hope it wasn't a dig at me because you obviously don't read my posts. Only thing I am guilty of are poor corny jokes.

Anyone should be allowed to post freely.... COYW

Surprised MJC hasn't been on yet predicting a 2 0 loss to Livi next week.

Comfortable game with the exception of a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half when Killie brought their subs on and got a bit of joy down our left without really creating anything noteworthy.

11 hours ago, wellgirl said:

Im sorry you have had a negative experience. No excuses for that. 

Not sure having a go at Grizzly G is the appropriate response though. He is probably the least offensive person on these forums.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

No question Slattery has talent.

I stand my comments of being slow. He's the most booked player in the league for a reason, generally it's down to him being late for the challenge, which leads to persistent following. This is why he he get's booked so regularly. 

All our players have strengths and weaknesses. A sharper, fitter Slattery would be a great player and prob one out with our budget. 

I guess thats the trade of isnt it, and all part of the connundrum of who he can play beside.

Undoubtedly, playing him and Goss together weakens us defensively, so the steucture of the team needs altered slightly to take acoiunt of that.

This seems to be something Kettlewell has worked out but Stevie Hammell didnt/couldnt.

The King is dead. Long live the King.......

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, santheman said:

Surprised MJC hasn't been on yet predicting a 2 0 loss to Livi next week.

Comfortable game with the exception of a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half when Killie brought their subs on and got a bit of joy down our left without really creating anything noteworthy.

Maybe because we don't play them next week :huh::laugh:. I'm sure he will be along the week before though with the same prediction.

In February I was convinced that we would be relegated. What a turn around. The next few months will be interesting as SK has to reshape the squad. There are a few players under contracts who are not in the team and a few who are out of contract who are playing. He needs to sort out that conundrum and find a goal scorer to replace KVV.

It would be great for KVV to stay. He's a player of unquestioned talent who over the years has struggled to find the right club to settle down with.  

He's at a club that he enjoys, has fans that adore him.  This might just be the place for him to stay.

That said I thought the same about Tony Watt.  I'm still reasonably convinced that KVV and Watt would have proven to be an outstanding frontline. 

Must say some of KVV's touches and control over the last few weeks have been the stuff of joy.  Not since likes of Cooper have I seen a 'Well player with such a wonderful first touch. 

Not sure having a go at Grizzly G is the appropriate response though. He is probably the least offensive person on these forums.

To be fair, I didn't read it as having a go at Grizzly. I read it as querying the phrase one big happy family - which judging by wellgirl's experiences I can understand 

Cheers pal, appreciate it

• Like 1