New kit for 2023/24

MJC

I can't see what all the fuss is about, as long as its claret and Amber in any combination who really cares, do we really need to change the kit every couple of years especially when money is tight as it is for a lot of fans nowadays.

I suspect most of the complaints on here that will surely come when the kit is available will be from forum members long past the wearing replica kit age. 

There is no need for changing its all just to fleece the punters to buy new tops they don't really need and become unpaid advertisers for whatever random company is sponsoring the club.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

My guess is that a kit you like and any Motherwell victory are 2 things that would surprise you.

Not really, I’ve liked most of the kits Macron have produced for us. I just know that we have this obsession with trying to do something ‘different’ instead of just sticking to our classic and traditional kit.

28 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I can't see what all the fuss is about, as long as its claret and Amber in any combination who really cares, do we really need to change the kit every couple of years especially when money is tight as it is for a lot of fans nowadays.

We currently change all kits every single season and, I agree, this is hard on the fans.

Could we not keep every shirt for two full seasons at least? Like change the home kit one year, change the away kit the following year and third & goalie the next. At least then there is a new kit every year to look forward to / slag off.

Would be difficult with the sponsor often changing year-to-year but not impossible to manage sensibly.

• Like 1

I know I am in a very small small minority here but I was a fan of last season’s home kit,  it is actually one of my favourites in recent years 

I totally get why people look for a traditional looking Well kit, my favourite of all time for example was the 1994-1996 home kit 

Though I am definitely not against the idea of something that looks slightly different now and then , what looked worse for me was the 2004/2006 home kit with the blue Zoom Airlines lettering across the front .  Have happy memories of that era though 

• Like 1

I think I'm right in saying that it's now over ten years since we last kept the same home kit for two seasons, the 2011 - 2013 kit we had when Michael Higdon was here? 

I would be more than happy for us to go back to keeping the kit for 2 years as opposed to just 1 but I suspect that the money the club and the manufacturer makes from changing it every year would make that unlikely. 

5 hours ago, MJC said:

I think I'm right in saying that it's now over ten years since we last kept the same home kit for two seasons, the 2011 - 2013 kit we had when Michael Higdon was here? 

I would be more than happy for us to go back to keeping the kit for 2 years as opposed to just 1 but I suspect that the money the club and the manufacturer makes from changing it every year would make that unlikely. 

That is the one I last remember also we had for 2 years. 11/13 seasons

A great 2 years 

On 6/5/2023 at 6:48 AM, MJC said:

Nothing would surprise me tbh.

I’m half expecting an all claret top with an Amber drawing of Faddy in in the middle and “A great wee club” written on the inside of the collar.

No doubt such a kit would be met with comments on here and other social media platforms of “mmmm, that’s braw, a thing of beauty” etc.

I'm fairly sure that you (and most of the people who post on this forum, including me) aren't the target demographic of any new Motherwell kit. 

I may be wrong, but haven't our kits sold relatively well considering the lack of avenues available to purchase them from? Basically, the chances are that the designers themselves and the people they pay to come up with creations that people will part with their money for know what they're doing.

8 hours ago, David said:

I'm fairly sure that you (and most of the people who post on this forum, including me) aren't the target demographic of any new Motherwell kit. 

I may be wrong, but haven't our kits sold relatively well considering the lack of avenues available to purchase them from? Basically, the chances are that the designers themselves and the people they pay to come up with creations that people will part with their money for know what they're doing.

You don’t say?

As I think I mentioned earlier in the thread the people who are going to buy the kits will buy them regardless of what they look like. I just don’t get why we can’t just stick to our classic and traditional kit, obviously with some tweaks here and there with every new kit. You don’t see Real Madrid or Leeds Utd, both clubs with a predominantly white kit, always trying to be out the box and different. They have their identify and they stick to it. I wish we would take a leaf out of their book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJC said:

You don’t say?

As I think I mentioned earlier in the thread the people who are going to buy the kits will buy them regardless of what they look like. I just don’t get why we can’t just stick to our classic and traditional kit, obviously with some tweaks here and there with every new kit. You don’t see Real Madrid or Leeds Utd, both clubs with a predominantly white kit, always trying to be out the box and different. They have their identify and they stick to it. I wish we would take a leaf out of their book.

Because the people charged with making the decisions obviously think there's more money to be made in going "outside the box" every now & then.

The club have just tweeted that our partnership with Paycare has ended and that a new front of shirt sponsor will be unveiled in the coming weeks so it looks like we’ll be waiting a while longer to see what our 23/24 kit looks like, and who will sponsor it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...