New kit for 2023/24

MJC

19 minutes ago, Pepper said:

That band looks far too much like a sash for my liking.

If it was horizontal rather that diagonal I think it would have worked better. 

I agree. As a club we need to rid ourselves of any suggestions of us being Rangers fans without the bus fare and having sash on a kit which is just like a sash worn by Orange orde….erm, well, it’s actually not like those ones at all….but Rangers like sashes! Fuckin Rangers! I’m very uncomfortable seeing this kit. 🤑

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MJC said:

I agree. As a club we need to rid ourselves of any suggestions of us being Rangers fans without the bus fare and having sash on a kit which is just like a sash worn by Orange orde….erm, well, it’s actually not like those ones at all….but Rangers like sashes! Fuckin Rangers! I’m very uncomfortable seeing this kit. 🤑

The best way to do that is by not being sectarian.

If we can't revive a classic kit design in the 21st century because some small minded bigots can only associate a diagonal stripe with the Orange Order, then we'll never make any progress.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, weeyin said:

If we can't revive a classic kit design in the 21st century because some small minded bigots can only associate a diagonal stripe with the Orange Order, then we'll never make any progress.

I completely agree. And on a serious note I think this is a braw kit and a lot nicer than our previous claret effort in 2018. If anyone takes a dislike to this purely because it has ‘a sash’ and somehow they associate it with Rangers and OO bigots then they need to take a good look at themselves, imo.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Just to be crystal clear here. I don't associate a diagonal stripe with the orange order, rangers or anything remotely sectarian.

For me it's simply that it looks like a sash with tassels mainly because the band is overly fussy. That's what  I don't like about it.

I could care less if someone thinks this strip design associates us with any group. Those people are beyond reasoning. 

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Are you serious? 

Rangers didn't invent " the sash" , if it works , it works 

Have we to stop designing new strips because of some link only people in west if Scotland will understand , just in case Celtic fans get offended?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Are you serious? 

Rangers didn't invent " the sash" , if it works , it works 

Have we to stop designing new strips because of some link only people in west if Scotland will understand , just in case Celtic fans get offended?

Good at detecting sarcasm are we?

Some bonkers chat on social media re the new away kit

We have  had various  home/away kits with a diagonal band/“sash”………unless I mistaken the sash worn by the Orange order is worn round the neck and meets around the midriff in a “V” and is orange and purple ………how does our new away kit resemble this ???

Confused from Motherwell

• Like 1

Pretty happy with both designs for our home and away kits this season. Macron seem to be continuing to do an excellent job in that regard.

I would only add that the poster who suggested an all white kit with a claret sash, I think it may have been Ontheftinges, may be onto a winner. Despite the unfortunate events at Córdoba in 1978, I have always been a fan of the classic Peru strip.

2 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

We have  had various  home/away kits with a diagonal band/“sash”………unless I mistaken the sash worn by the Orange order is worn round the neck and meets around the midriff in a “V” and is orange and purple ………how does our new away kit resemble this ???

Confused from Motherwell

Just typical nonsense from the ugly sisters and their minions. Apparently everything is about them.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Confused from Motherwell

No need to be confused. What you describe is actually a “collarette”. A “sash” is worn over the shoulder. Ours is a diagonal band

• Like 1

Not a fan of this kit at all.

Im not against a sash on our kit in general, I like South American styling, the same way I have loved the Italian styling of recent kits, but this one just hits all the wrong marks.

12 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Not a fan of this kit at all.

Im not against a sash on our kit in general, I like South American styling, the same way I have loved the Italian styling of recent kits, but this one just hits all the wrong marks.

This would have hit the mark, though - also from the mid-70s

http://historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Motherwell/images/change-kits/motherwell-1973-1975-change.gif

(if it showed up properly on my browser anyway)

image.png

(got it - can keep my web credentials for another day)