Motherwell v Dundee Utd, Sunday 28/5/23

fizoxy

A good final day in the sun yesterday with the perfect outcome. We sealed 7th place and the extra dosh that attracts. SK also had the opportunity top see more fringe players in action. Good to see Lennon Miller get a start although he had a quiet game. Not convinced about Mugabi though and the jury is still out on Blaney. Mandron doesn't do it for me. A few players looked as if they'd hit the beach. 

Despite us taking an early lead United totally dominated and barely let us touch the ball. Our midfield was totally anonymous. The penalty changed the game and I'm looking forward to seeing replays of it. Second half was totally different and we really stepped up a gear once United went ahead.  The 65 minute substitutions did the trick and we scored a couple of lovelty goals.  I thought the changes could have been made at half time but we won.

Well done to the Bois for a fantastic display and support. They certainly upped the atmosphere and although they take some stick at times they also deserve credit.

Great to end the season on a high  - an interesting summer lies ahead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

we got a penalty for the exact same thing against Ross County. 

Not true, two totally different scenarios against RC , there was a very clear movement of the RC players hand towards the ball to swat it away, 100% stonewall pen.

Yesterday, Mugabi jumped and as such his arm was raised, so arm in a natural position, Fletcher then elbows him in the neck /back and is all over him, he had his back to the ball ffs when it hit him, it was ball to arm and should have been a free kick to us for Fletchers challenge. 

It was never a pen an outrageous decision  backed up by incompetent refereeing, week after week these amateurs are getting away with it.

11 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Aye saw Sportscene. Defo offside. Wasnt that obvious at the game. Spittal must be really quick! 😆

I was dead level with Spittal in the POD stand. Was it KVV who passed (or Goss, canny remember) but Spittal made the run and the pass was just delayed by a step or two. Was clear from where we were sitting. Shame though, good run and cross.

Canny believe some of the negativity on here man. We''ve taken what, 30 pts from 13 games ? WTF more does anyone want ? Do you think the run that say, Aberdeen have been on recently has all been Spanish style silky soccer, or have they maybe ground out most of their results ?

You extrapolate even 80% of the last 13 games form over a season and where would that put us ? Get a fuckin' grip and enjoy what we've achieved since Kettlewell came in.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

I was dead level with Spittal in the POD stand. Was it KVV who passed (or Goss, canny remember) but Spittal made the run and the pass was just delayed by a step or two. Was clear from where we were sitting. Shame though, good run and cross.

Canny believe some of the negativity on here man. We''ve taken what, 30 pts from 13 games ? WTF more does anyone want ? Do you think the run that say, Aberdeen have been on recently has all been Spanish style silky soccer, or have they maybe ground out most of their results ?

You extrapolate even 80% of the last 13 games form over a season and where would that put us ? Get a fuckin' grip and enjoy what we've achieved since Kettlewell came in.

Ah that's the answer we never get

Just that whatever we are doing ..... it should be better.

I think there are those who prefer it when things aren't going so well as it gives them full license to vent

Watched highlights and I will cut Bevis slack for a ridiculous penalty decision. However for Utd 2nd goal he was terrible.  Great strike from Spittal and I wish folk would lay off him, his assists and goals are good, yes has bad games and makes mistakes but who doesn't.

For me I would love to see if we could get young Furlong back, has improved with each game and looks a cracking prospect.  On negative side I fear it could be last we see of KVV and Max and also WON'T be last we see of Mandron. I just don't rate the guy at all.

All in all it's been a great turnaround since SK came in. Be interesting summer ahead and what he does and does he stick with that formation or bring in new ideas.  COYW

8 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Watched highlights and I will cut Bevis slack for a ridiculous penalty decision. However for Utd 2nd goal he was terrible.  Great strike from Spittal and I wish folk would lay off him, his assists and goals are good, yes has bad games and makes mistakes but who doesn't.

For me I would love to see if we could get young Furlong back, has improved with each game and looks a cracking prospect.  On negative side I fear it could be last we see of KVV and Max and also WON'T be last we see of Mandron. I just don't rate the guy at all.

All in all it's been a great turnaround since SK came in. Be interesting summer ahead and what he does and does he stick with that formation or bring in new ideas.  COYW

Aye I think max will definitely be away sadly and I think the odds on van veen being here next season are very slim.if both do leave hopefully the money we receive will ensure we can find the right replacements.like you grizzly I would love to see furlong again next season,he started off shaky but has grown into an important player for us,seeing two young full backs on either side getting forward and putting balls into the box and be a goal threat has been really enjoyable to watch, hopefully that's plan for next season whoever is playing.agreed again about mandron,they guy is average at best,there's no way we can keep him and obika on next season.

• Thanks 1

I agree Max will be be away. I just hope he goes somewhere he'll get a game, because the odds of that when you move to a "bigger" team are pretty small. He's another one who'd benefit from a season of regular starts with us.

2 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I agree Max will be be away. I just hope he goes somewhere he'll get a game, because the odds of that when you move to a "bigger" team are pretty small. He's another one who'd benefit from a season of regular starts with us.

What would be ideal scenario is he gets 3yr deal down south but sent back to us for a year. I know it means we are developing other teams players but I can handle that, he is only going to get better

Turning point for Furlong was way he handled that wee clown Armstrong of Killie, totally dominated him