Motherwell v Dundee Utd, Sunday 28/5/23

fizoxy

2 hours ago, MJC said:

Definitely.

There is FAR too much over confidence about tomorrow on this thread.

Talk of KvV hitting a hattrick and us pumping them? When we get that it rarely if ever comes to fruition and as I said, it’s never that easy against Dundee Utd, especially at home.

We’ll be doing well to get a draw tomorrow imo.

Cheesy peeps!

Doing well to get a draw against the bottom team in the league and worst defence?

It might turn out that way, but to predict it is beyond parody!

5 hours ago, MJC said:

Definitely.

There is FAR too much over confidence about tomorrow on this thread.

Talk of KvV hitting a hattrick and us pumping them? When we get that it rarely if ever comes to fruition and as I said, it’s never that easy against Dundee Utd, especially at home.

We’ll be doing well to get a draw tomorrow imo.

As a disclaimer a lot of my posts are not based on what I really think is going to happen. 🤪

Looking forward to the game. It's a shame the season is coming to an end as we're enjoying such a good run of form. It's amazing to think of the turn around in form as leaving Kirkcaldy all those months ago, even though you knew that it was curtains for Hammell it was hard to see a way out of relegation battle. 

Despite United being really poor this season our games against them have been a mixed bag. We absolutely pumped them 0-0 at Fir Park earlier in the season, we scraped a 1-0 win up at Tannadice despite playing 10 men for just over half the match and more recently they beat us at Fir Park, still annoyed about the VAR offside consistency in that one mind as we would have been 2 goals to the good if they gave the attacker the advantage like they did with the touching lines in the Rangers game. 

If we secured 7th on Wednesday I wouldn't have been surprised to see maybe young Miller get his first start as well as Oxborough perhaps but as we didn't I think the side will likely be Kelly, Furlong, Blaney, Mugabi, McGinn, O'Donnell, Goss, Slattery, Spittal, Van Veen and Mandron. 

Itll be nice to officially relegate Jim 'Beyond Saving' Goodwin a day after he signed his longer term contract. Hopefully VV puts it to bed early. 

• Like 2

Beautiful sunny day.

Whole stadium decked out in claret and amber.

Wee Tommy getting his well deserved recognition.

Hopefully a positive result, some goal records broken and the chance to say thank you and goodbye to the players that wont be with us next season.

Get yerself along to the game!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Beautiful sunny day.

Hopefully a positive result, some goal records broken and the chance to say thank you and goodbye to the players that wont be with us next season.

With that build up it can only mean 3-0 utd!!.......help......MJC has hacked my account!! ( Lol just kidding)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

With that build up it can only mean 3-0 utd!!.......help......MJC has hacked my account!! ( Lol just kidding)

Beat me to it! :lol:

A beautiful sunny day

Premiership safety secured

KvV scoring for fun

Playing at home against a team effectively relegated…

…all of the above points to the game itself being an anti-climax and a disappointment.

Now I don’t have a crystal ball and I’m not proclaiming this to be “The Gospel according to MJC” here. But from pure experience of following Motherwell, this today has defeat or at best bore draw written all over it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My prediction - We will be moaning about a VAR descision that goes against us resulting in a motherwell player being sent off, the game will end in a draw, Livingston will scrape a win and go 7th. The season will end and were off to Holland on a preseason tour before we enjoy League Cup Group success 

Enjoy the Summer break 

Already Spittal in the firing line as folk have contacted Sportscene complaining about why he is our player featured in opening credits!! Lol

Obviously we all want a win today but if we don't we should all cast our minds back to Feb and that horrible 2-0 home defeat to St Johnstone. At that point if anyone had said " hey...don't worry....we will have a chance of finishing 7th come last day of season"...would you honestly have believed them?

Let's create a great atmosphere today and get behind ALL of the players. I remind everyone we have 3rd best goals conceded in league and under SK has been W8 D3 L2 which is incredible.

COYW

• Like 2

On 5/26/2023 at 7:05 PM, GazzyB said:

I saw a highlight video of the Dundee Utd keeper Biragitti or whatever it's spelt from this season on social media earlier today. I cannot find it any more but it was unbelievable how many goals he's chucked in.

We should be shooting on sight, the guy is awful!

Edit - KVV hat trick at 18/1, gimme some of that.

He's atrocious, kinda like having Aaron Chapman in goals for an entire season but he's not likely to play today.

They dropped him for the last match after that howler against Livingston.

I'm not even going to mention his name but I see the guy with the second worst hair do in Scottish Football (McKirdy being the first) won the SFWA Player of the Year Award. I would honestly love it if VV somehow managed to match or surpass his goal tally.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

He's atrocious, kinda like having Aaron Chapman in goals for an entire season but he's not likely to play today.

They dropped him for the last match after that howler against Livingston.

The young chap they have played on two occasions hasn't faired much better as he has conceded 7 goals in 2 starts. Hopefully shoot on sight is an instruction today. That Birighitti managed to do well plucking crosses out of the air when we played them last time but he then kept dropping the ball to his feet.It'll be interesting to see how they line up today.

8 minutes ago, pretzel said:

I'm not even going to mention his name but I see the guy with the second worst hair do in Scottish Football (McKirdy being the first) won the SFWA Player of the Year Award. I would honestly love it if VV somehow managed to match or surpass his goal tally.

That would be sweet!

Karma paying him back for giving Moult that pen at Tynecastle!

3 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Beautiful sunny day.

What's this with "wee Tommy"?

3 minutes ago, pretzel said:

It's the official renaming of the Tommy McLean Stand at half time. I'm assuming Tommy and his family will be in attendance, I know many of his former players will be.

I don't think the man himself can make it, but he'll be well represented.

33 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Aye, I don't think he is in the best of health these days, sadly 😔

That's sad to hear. I know he still worked in football after leaving Dundee United but I can't really remember seeing him in any much media over the years since.