• Brodie Spencer
    • Blair Spittal
    • Callum Slattery
    • Theo Bair
    • Joe Efford
    • Lennon Miller
    • Harry Paton

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2023 at 02:00 PM

I thought the only ones with pass marks in the first half were McGinn and Slattery.

Second half was much better.

Slattery had a good game overall barring the pen miss and his fitness looks miles better this season.

McGinn was solid all game. Casey and SoDs had good second halves, as did Spittal.

But the game changed with the introduction of Paton. He dropped into great positions to take the ball and moved it on intelligently. Capped a great 45 with a very calm finish.

Definite MOTM performance.

I wouldn't normally consider a half time substitute, but Paton gets my vote, he added a different component in the middle of the park with his energy and willingness to carry the ball forward. Casey ran him a close second, partly for giving it tight to Armstrong when he equalised. McGinn & Slattery played well too and a decent debut from Spencer. 

53 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Paid close attention to big Bevis, thought he had a solid performance over 90 minutes

I think he fits in well with a back three. And, of course, a consistent run of starts makes a big difference. 

As long as he keeps his passing simple he is fine. 

On 8/27/2023 at 7:27 PM, Yabba's Turd said:

Paid close attention to big Bevis, thought he had a solid performance over 90 minutes

He's a basic player who has a mistake in him but who can, when he keeps it simple, do a job. So basically the same as many Motherwell players over the years...

On 8/28/2023 at 10:57 PM, MelvinBragg said:

He's a basic player who has a mistake in him but who can, when he keeps it simple, do a job. So basically the same as many Motherwell players over the years...

The more games he plays the more settled and consistent he becomes but as you say there is always a chance of a mistake as with every other player at our level. I like him .

• Like 2