Motherwell v Celtic 30/09/2023

SteelmaninOZ

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Not confident but hope we give them a right good game and put Bain under pressure early doors as Hart suspended 

Doesn’t matter who plays in goal for them if we aren’t capable of creating chances and scoring goals I’m afraid.

Im gonna be bold and predict we will get something from this game. Heart says 2-1 Motherwell, head says 1-1. 

Spitz and Slatts to run the show and Ollie Shaw to break his duck and be the hero of the hour!

😆😆😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Im gonna be bold and predict we will get something from this game. Heart says 2-1 Motherwell, head says 1-1. 

Spitz and Slatts to run the show and Ollie Shaw to break his duck and be the hero of the hour!

😆😆😆

I like your style!

I do think that Celtic are a different proposition to Rangers and, as such, we are not likely to take anything from the game. I’d probably be happy with a similar performance (organised and professional) as we have been producing the last couple of weeks and maybe that we bit of luck or composure from an individual to get us a goal or two. Anything else is a bonus.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It'll be interesting to see if he starts Bair or Shaw. Bair does ok 30 yards from goal but has no threat while Shaw at least seems a bit more direct even if his efforts are powderpuff.

I think he starts Bair and tries to keep the game tight and play them on the break.

If we go behind and need a goal, I'd rather bring Shaw on instead of Bair than the other way around.

Of course, he could start Shaw and try and get a goal in front and sub Bair on to see the game out once Shaw is done! 😉

22 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

😆😆😆

If Hearts say 2-1, what does Dundee say ,asking for a friend :P

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Motherwell v Celtic 30/09/2023

I'll be taking the pessimistic approach on this game as with all games against the ugly sisters,  prepare for the expected defeat and you are never disappointed.

Anything we get is a bonus but there are far more important games to win against the other 9 teams so these games are irrelevant and the less time we spend thinking about those two and all the baggage that comes with them the better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This outlook of “these games are irrelevant” is why, in my opinion, we haven’t beaten Celtic since 2015, Rangers since 2017 and haven’t recorded a league victory against them in over twenty years. This attitude and mindset runs right through our club from the boardroom to the support.

I am fully aware and fully accept that we will never compete with either over a course of a season and am also fully aware that we will lose the vast majority of games against both sides due to the huge gulf in resources, as is the case with every other non OF club. However, other sides of a similar stature and with a similar budget to us have managed to get wins against them, both of them in some cases since we last managed to beat one of the Old Firm almost six years ago now. Kilmarnock have managed to do a double over the already this season to give but one example.

I personally don’t see us beating either of the Old Firm ever again, partly because the gap in finances is increasing and also because of our collective mindset and mentality as a club. Numerous managers have come and gone, numerous players have come and gone since we last managed to beat either of them and the support nowadays just shrug their shoulders and dismiss these games as irrelevant. To me that points to a mentality issue within the club as a whole. I’ll say it again, Kilmarnock have beaten both of them already this season. Does anyone think we would have done the same had we played them both at home? Seriously? No, neither do I.

• Like 1