Motherwell v Celtic 30/09/2023

SteelmaninOZ

The next time this scummy shower visit fir park Motherwell fc will have to pay for lots of extra police and stewards to try and keep order. Give them the minimum amount of tickets allowed under the rules and herd them all together in a corner of the South stand.  If they behave like animals they should be treated like animals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, well_said said:

The next time this scummy shower visit fir park Motherwell fc will have to pay for lots of extra police and stewards to try and keep order. Give them the minimum amount of tickets allowed under the rules and herd them all together in a corner of the South stand.  If they behave like animals they should be treated like animals.

Spot on,other clubs have cut there allocation due to previous incidents and it's now time we followed suit.

Just now, mfc said:

Spot on,other clubs have cut there allocation due to previous incidents and it's now time we followed suit.

Jeez I am agreeing with MJC!! 🤣🤣.   Yep cut allocation like we did for play off match v Rangers

You might actually find more Well fans would turn up as a lot don't due to the old firm fans antics and songbooks 

7 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Jeez I am agreeing with MJC!! 🤣🤣.   Yep cut allocation like we did for play off match v Rangers

You might actually find more Well fans would turn up as a lot don't due to the old firm fans antics and songbooks 

No you’re not because that’s not me you’re quoting there: :rolleyes:

And that’s not something I think could or would work for us as we don’t have the numbers in our core support to make up the difference and anyone who thinks that their fans wouldn’t just buy home end tickets is kidding themselves on. This would of course result in a much more poisonous and intimidating atmosphere and increase the potential for crowd trouble. The playoff 2nd leg was different because there were probably as many non-Motherwell fans in our ends that day than actual Motherwell fans, that wouldn’t happen for run of the mill games.

And I have to add as well, nothing seems to make more Motherwell fans turn up to league games at Fir Park. Various initiatives have been tried by the club over the years and the core support has barely increased, if at all. The same happens whenever the team are playing well.

I’ve said this before, we have a lazy support base. We have supporters out there who for one reason or another just don’t go to games every other week. I appreciate that in some cases life happens and other commitments prevent them attending, but at the same time I know plenty of Motherwell fans who’d rather go to the golf or sit in the pub or just stay in the house and watch MFC TV rather than going to Fir Park. The only time you see them is if we reach the latter stages of the Cup competitions or play in Europe. 

So cutting OF allocations wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference.

6 minutes ago, MJC said:

No you’re not because that’s not me you’re quoting there: :rolleyes:

And that’s not something I think could or would work for us as we don’t have the numbers in our core support to make up the difference and anyone who thinks that their fans wouldn’t just buy home end tickets is kidding themselves on. This would of course result in a much more poisonous and intimidating atmosphere and increase the potential for crowd trouble. The playoff 2nd leg was different because there were probably as many non-Motherwell fans in our ends that day than actual Motherwell fans, that wouldn’t happen for run of the mill games.

I wouldn't mind an increase in my season ticket price to facilitate this.  As for your other point regarding Celtic fans in the home end they are fairly easy to spot and I am sure we could self police them out the door. 

24 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

MJC beat me to it but thanks for that grizzly 😂

• Haha 1

The big issue at the last game was fans without tickets rushing the doors to get in,it was as clear as day that there was more folk behind the goals than should have been when you see the amount that were standing in the stairways and that's not the first time I've seen that happen,let them keep getting away with it and they will keep doing it.if one of there fans had got injured or worse in the stampede when they scored there second goal then it's our club that would be well and truly fucked when they need to provide answers to some serious questions like why is there to many people in the stand than has tickets.

16 minutes ago, well_said said:

I wouldn't mind an increase in my season ticket price to facilitate this.  As for your other point regarding Celtic fans in the home end they are fairly easy to spot and I am sure we could self police them out the door. 

By ‘self policing’ do you mean point them out to stewards/police? Who’s numbers are forever dwindling? Or do you mean a good old fashioned scrap in the terraces like back in the 80s and early 90s? Not every match going fan is up for that, indeed the possibility of that would almost certainly drive more Motherwell fans away from attending these games, especially those who go with their kids or elderly relatives. 

And it’s also worth pointing out that we already have cut the OF allocation at Fir Park. We stopped giving them half of the Phil O’Donnell stand five years ago and it didn’t make a slightest bit of difference to the home attendance. That section of the stand has almost been completely empty the last couple of times either of them has been here.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

By ‘self policing’ do you mean point them out to stewards/police? Who’s numbers are forever dwindling? Or do you mean a good old fashioned scrap in the terraces like back in the 80s and early 90s? Not every match going fan is up for that, indeed the possibility of that would almost certainly drive more Motherwell fans away from attending these games, especially those who go with their kids or elderly relatives. 

And it’s also worth pointing out that we already have cut the OF allocation at Fir Park. We stopped giving them half of the Phil O’Donnell stand five years ago and it didn’t make a slightest bit of difference to the home attendance. That section of the stand has almost been completely empty the last couple of times either of them has been here.

By self policing I mean shepherd  them politely to the exits . Sheer weight of numbers would make that happen.

40 minutes ago, well_said said:

By self policing I mean shepherd  them politely to the exits . Sheer weight of numbers would make that happen.

But again that depends on how many match going fans in the surrounding areas would be prepared to get involved in that sort of confrontation. If that’s in the family section of the Cooper then I’d reckon plenty would be reluctant to get involved and if it happened in the East Stand especially near the Well Bois section then you would have the potential for a different problem with too many wanting to get involved and in that case it wouldn’t be to shepherd them politely towards the exits. 

Cutting Celtic/Rangers allocation further just wouldn’t work imo. It would only ensure more of their fans in our sections and wouldn’t encourage more Motherwell fans to attend these games.

• 1 month later...