Celtic v Motherwell 25/11/2023

SteelmaninOZ

3 minutes ago, MJC said:

No, that you would come on here and rather than comment on the game, the result or the performance you would make an arsey remark about a post made without the benefit of hindsight. I would have put a bet on that but I doubt I’d find a bookie willing to take a bet on an outright certainty. :rolleyes:

It's the same craic all the time with you, there's more than one poster having a pop , maybe change your outlook

5 minutes ago, MJC said:

That was a superb result against all the odds. We need to build on this though and make sure that we pick up three points at home against Dundee next Saturday.

I see it was Tom Boyd’s 58th birthday yesterday. So may I wish our ‘91 Cup winning captain a belated happy birthday and a Get it right fucking up him! The whinging, paranoid, chip on the shoulder prick that he is.

Correct! hopefully this result is the turning point and we need to cement that turnaround with a long awaited 3 points and a good December to see us into the new year. 

We scored from a corner, cats and dogs are rejoicing together.

Outside of the penalties, celtic had 2 real chances, but they never got in behind us, and we did a great job of nullifying them from crosses. Kyogo was anonymous too.

For us, I felt that spittal was looking for beireth too early sometimes, and could have held onto the ball or had a go himself.

Going with 3 up top immediately after going behind was a good move, and it gave us that chance to hit back quickly, and we did.

I see us going with the same lineup for a while, as is makes us more solid, and gives us a bit more for set pieces. It's good to see Blaney settle into things too.

19 minutes ago, MJC said:

No, that you would come on here and rather than comment on the game, the result or the performance you would make an arsey remark about a post made without the benefit of hindsight. I would have put a bet on that but I doubt I’d find a bookie willing to take a bet on an outright certainty. :rolleyes:

I'd made my comment about the match in my MOTM thread. The rest of the time I was actually watching (and enjoying*) the game rather than posting about it.

*Enjoy - to get pleasure from something

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I'd made my comment about the match in my MOTM thread. The rest of the time I was actually watching (and enjoying*) the game rather than posting about it.

*Enjoy - to get pleasure from something

Supporting Motherwell isn’t always about getting pleasure. It’s about following the team through thick and thin, no matter what. Obviously you hope that you get pleasure and enjoyment from it but you know that quite often it’s going to be a hard watch and that you will more likely than not end up frustrated.

That’s why unexpected results like we got today are so satisfying, because it makes you understand why you sit through the multiple kicks in the stones.

48 minutes ago, MJC said:

That was a superb result against all the odds. We need to build on this though and make sure that we pick up three points at home against Dundee next Saturday.

I see it was Tom Boyd’s 58th birthday yesterday. So may I wish our ‘91 Cup winning captain a belated happy birthday and a Get it right fucking up him! The whinging, paranoid, chip on the shoulder prick that he is.

on that    you are correct for once 🤣🤣

As delighted as I am with a point, make no mistake we were garbage again today. 19% possession is an embarrassment.

I never ever want us to get beat but I fear this will buy SK more time than he’s due.

My glass is half empty and I don’t like it!

33 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

Been crying out for weeks to get Butcher into midfield, Bevis is a bomb scare as we seen with the pen, but we need to work with it

mind big bevis saying in the paper last week he wants to play at a higher  level    must be want a game of 5s

up ben nevis

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

As delighted as I am with a point, make no mistake we were garbage again today. 19% possession is an embarrassment.

I never ever want us to get beat but I fear this will buy SK more time than he’s due.

at least heez deffo still got the players on side,  big obika ( if heez no broke again ) up front with berith to rag doll dundee next wek

3 hours ago, AllyMax said:

Going 4-4-2 with Blaney and Casey would be suicide. Have you seen the goals we've lost recently from corners ?

You've never seen Gent play for more than a sub appearance and have no idea what he's like defensively, especially when under pressure.

Wind yer neck in and read my preface to the post before jumping in with your tacketies. I began “As we are playing Celtic away it’s of no consequence at all…” 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Spencer and Gent look to be attacking wingbacks not defensive fullbacks so to put them in a 4-4-2 v Celtic would certainly get the manager the sack after a double figure humping. Especially with Casey and Blaney paired at centreback.

Wind yer neck in and read my preface to the post before jumping in with your tacketies. I began “As we are playing Celtic away it’s of no consequence at all…” 

32 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

I’m from the glass half full group. SK obviously set up to surrender possession and challenge Celtic to get past us. Didn’t quite work but he then changed players and got the equalizer.

we can’t play that way every week but horses for courses, his approach to OF games seems to fair pretty well for the most part. Can he keep us tight at the back AND score goals? Remains to be seen but hopefully this is a huge confidence booster for the team. 

Result apart which was brilliant there were other aspects of the game was pleasing . 
The most obvious one was the togetherness of the team helping each other out when we were under the cosh and covering back for each other when players got dragged out of position . 
If that’s anything to go by then we’re still a team playing for each other and the manager . 
Bireth was an example of that playing up front on his own never complaining or moaning about how he was played . Just doing what he was told to do and going about it without complaining .

paton helped out Spencer and likewise Slattery with O’Donnell . 
Silly stuff with Butcher pulling the shirt but it all worked out in the end .

On to next week with same togetherness and  bravery on and off the ball and fingers crossed our first win in ages . 
As much as I though the Kettlewell game plan didn’t work v Hearts , hats off to him today . Spot on 

Fantastic point let's be honest we didn't have penciled in however the real games are coming up from now until the 16th of December tons to be had and we really need to take.

Hope Obika can stay fit until at least January and if Kettlewell wants to stay in a job he really needs to punt Bair and Wilkinson end Shaw's loan during transfer window if possible  then we have a chance of getting somewhere.

Onwards and upwards COYW

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Fantastic point let's be honest we didn't have penciled in however the real games are coming up from now until the 16th of December tons to be had and we really need to take.

Hope Obika can stay fit until at least January and if Kettlewell wants to stay in a job he really needs to punt Bair and Wilkinson end Shaw's loan during transfer window if possible  then we have a chance of getting somewhere.

Onwards and upwards COYW

Theres always the very slim chance of getting Mr Van Veen back too, That would be all i want for Xmas 😂

Just want to take a minute to express how big that penalty save was today by Kelly too, Yeh he hasent been his usual self the last few week but to be fair he very rarely or ever makes a howler. Which is pretty massive for someone in his position. He was great today 👏💛

• Like 3

Thought we would lose by a few the way the season has been going .  Into the second half and was hoping we could sneak a 0-0

Once Turnbull scored I thought this will be the same old hard luck story

Up steps Obika and things seem a bit more positive now .  Really hoping we follow this result up today with 3 points next Saturday , nothing less 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Wasn't just a good goal Obika scored today, he did some great blocking to make his chance.

very good player, strong holds off chalanges links up play scores goals,   but made of chocolate,   thats the reason heez with us   keep him fit

boom weve got a chance of climbing the league,